Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller not charging Mavic 2 Pro
14631 16 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK
lvl.2
United States

Hey there!

Just opened up my Mavic 2 Pro box, charging a battery and using the charger plugged in the micro usb to the side of the controller.  Nothing.  No lights on the controller, it was at 62%.  Tried powering it up, pairing it to the Mavic 2, which it does but doesn't connect to my phone via that same micro usb port.  

Tried charging via different cables / adapters, still nothing.  Even plugged it into PC where I loaded DJI Assistant hoping for an update, got 'Power Surge on Hub Port' error in windows.  My guess is it's locked on 'power to the phone' mode and not going back out of that mode?  

Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks!

2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that If still no luck to charge it even you've already exhausted the possible troubleshooting I'm afraid the only option would be sending it back to the facility for further checking and have a replacement for the Remote. And again, we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the immediate replies, speaking with Paulo on support right now, was hoping there would have been a reset sequence for the controller that may have done it but he's gathering my info for an RMA i'm guessing =\
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK Posted at 2018-8-28 09:42
Thanks for the immediate replies, speaking with Paulo on support right now, was hoping there would have been a reset sequence for the controller that may have done it but he's gathering my info for an RMA i'm guessing =\

I see. Please let us know if what will happen.
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-28 09:45
I see. Please let us know if what will happen.

Ok, so we got it charging =D

Previously plugging it into the DJI AC charger it wouldn't take, using an Anker Powerbrick wouldn't take, even using a microusb from the PC wouldn't do.  So plugged it into the PC with assistant open with another microusb cable, and I'm going to go out on a limb here but think the assistant may have woke something up in the controller cause it's charging!  Even took it off the PC plug, went again to the DJI AC microusb and it's charging there as well.  Thank you guys for your swift response, had a bad start but I'm glad I dont have to wait for an RMA =D
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK Posted at 2018-8-28 09:54

Previously plugging it into the DJI AC charger it wouldn't take, using an Anker Powerbrick wouldn't take, even using a microusb from the PC wouldn't do.  So plugged it into the PC with assistant open with another microusb cable, and I'm going to go out on a limb here but think the assistant may have woke something up in the controller cause it's charging!  Even took it off the PC plug, went again to the DJI AC microusb and it's charging there as well.  Thank you guys for your swift response, had a bad start but I'm glad I dont have to wait for an RMA =D

Alright! That's good to know. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-8-28
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

2018-8-28
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK Posted at 2018-8-28 09:54

Previously plugging it into the DJI AC charger it wouldn't take, using an Anker Powerbrick wouldn't take, even using a microusb from the PC wouldn't do.  So plugged it into the PC with assistant open with another microusb cable, and I'm going to go out on a limb here but think the assistant may have woke something up in the controller cause it's charging!  Even took it off the PC plug, went again to the DJI AC microusb and it's charging there as well.  Thank you guys for your swift response, had a bad start but I'm glad I dont have to wait for an RMA =D

I've read people have done this before and was just about to type it. Glad it is working for you. Fly Safe!
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately, things have taken a sharp turn for the worse

Wanting to keep an eye on the charing percentage of the controller to where I was sitting, moved the controller from the living room where it was plugged into the DJI A/C adapter brick and plugged it directly into a USB 2.0 slot on my PC.  Smelled burning plastic, investigated, and discovered to my horror it the micro usb on the side is toast.

Even more disappointing, contacted live chat support and was told they couldn't just send a remote, but need me to pack everything back and send it back before they can send me a new, complete package.  

Huge bummer, as next week I'm heading to the hills and was looking forward to trying this beast out there.  Few more weeks I'm going to Ireland, and as of now it looks like both may be without my Mavic due to this unfortunate event.  Total buzzkill.
2018-8-28
Use props
BuzzinBuzzard
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-28 09:35
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that If still no luck to charge it even you've already exhausted the possible troubleshooting I'm afraid the only option would be sending it back to the facility for further checking and have a replacement for the Remote. And again, we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience.

With regards to replacing the remote, the tech assistant in live chat said something to the effect of 'not having separate RC available' and because I hadn't flown the bird itself after all of this, needed to ship both back.  I'm just shaking my head, took a day off work to sign for this package and now it seems I may have to do this again, though I'm not going to be in the country in the coming weeks so this is getting to be an issue for a device I spent ~$1,800 on total, seems like total crap (excuse my language) to have to wait for a box to arrive from Shenzhen I'm guessing, ship the bird and controller back, wait weeks for anything to happen, then repeat taking a day off.  Ugh.  Frustrating.  Even the email regarding all this is to take 24-48 hours.  Not a happy customer ATM.
2018-8-28
Use props
BuzzinBuzzard
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

BuzzinBuzzard Posted at 2018-8-28 17:58
With regards to replacing the remote, the tech assistant in live chat said something to the effect of 'not having separate RC available' and because I hadn't flown the bird itself after all of this, needed to ship both back.  I'm just shaking my head, took a day off work to sign for this package and now it seems I may have to do this again, though I'm not going to be in the country in the coming weeks so this is getting to be an issue for a device I spent ~$1,800 on total, seems like total crap (excuse my language) to have to wait for a box to arrive from Shenzhen I'm guessing, ship the bird and controller back, wait weeks for anything to happen, then repeat taking a day off.  Ugh.  Frustrating.  Even the email regarding all this is to take 24-48 hours.  Not a happy customer ATM.

Just to keep anyone wondering in the loop if they ever have to return something like I'm doing, it's not as bad as I'd first been lead to 'guess'.  
1. Emailed 12 hours after the RMA request stating that I'd be shipping the quad to a service warehouse in Cerritos, CA (I'm in California so yay!)
2. Sending boxed drone back in original box that it shipped in minus the labeling.  Today received a UPS label to print out after I'm off work and send for service / replacement.
3. The form used to place in the RMA box is a tad confusing, as it has checkboxes for "Repair, Replace, Exchange, and Refund (DJI store only).  Would have thought it would be at the discretion of the people in the warehouse to determine what needs to be done on a case by case basis.  I chose replace because if the controller went south whos to say the same person didn't assemble the quad as well?  But that leaves the question of will it be replaced with a new unit or a refurbished unit?  Eh think I'm over thinking it...moving on.

So far so good, I'm happier knowing that it's heading off to a warehouse in California and not shipping all the way back to Shenzhen, China which would have been a total buzzkill.  Perhaps DJI could take note that during a LiveChat or email correspondence they could communicate this in advance as it wasn't clear exactly what was going where?  So anyways so far so good, crossing my fingers and hoping this gets resolved ASAP so I can get the bird up in the air, thanks.
2018-8-29
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_l6wrFG5jTTwK Posted at 2018-8-28 17:05
Unfortunately, things have taken a sharp turn for the worse

Wanting to keep an eye on the charing percentage of the controller to where I was sitting, moved the controller from the living room where it was plugged into the DJI A/C adapter brick and plugged it directly into a USB 2.0 slot on my PC.  Smelled burning plastic, investigated, and discovered to my horror it the micro usb on the side is toast.

Chinese technology at its best...
2020-2-14
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

This is now an old thread. I wonder what was the final resolution?

@BuzzinBuzzard have you flown off?
2020-3-3
Use props
BuzzinBuzzard
lvl.2
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 3-3 11:43
This is now an old thread. I wonder what was the final resolution?

@BuzzinBuzzard have you flown off?

Oh, hey now!  Sorry didn’t post an update, controller arrived after all the fuss and been flying since !  
The controllers actually been retired since getting the smart controller, so I suppose the update is the controller is enjoying its retirement on the shelf
2020-3-3
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

BuzzinBuzzard Posted at 3-3 12:23
Oh, hey now!  Sorry didn’t post an update, controller arrived after all the fuss and been flying since !  
The controllers actually been retired since getting the smart controller, so I suppose the update is the controller is enjoying its retirement on the shelf

Glad to hear it turned out well. And glad to hear you're still flying!
2020-3-4
Use props
Den Lum Chu
New

Philippines

kindly help me, my controller is not charging anymore. The last time i use it, it has 10% remaining battery, but when i got in our bunkhouse its already drained, i tried turning it on it has no light, so i got the charger and chage it but its not charging anymore. The charger is ok its charging the battery but the controller is not charging, i tried other remedy on how to charge it but stil its not charging.
i tried the opening dji assistant 2 and plug the controller hoping it will charge or something but still nothing.

anyone?
2021-2-8
Use props
mavicpilot23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166765 ft
Ireland

Yep having the same issue, bought a new cable off amazon to see if it was the original cable included in the box but not luck, phone works fine with the normal OTG cable!
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules