Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reference for vessel based operation required for Matrice 200
1246 7 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWindy
lvl.1

Germany

Dear community,

I'm currently looking for references for a vessel based operation of the M210. I spend hours but can hardly find anything. Is someone operating the M210 from a ship? Could you point me in the right direction? You tube videos, news paper articels or home pages would be greate!

Thanks a lot!
Windy
2018-8-28
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
First Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>

Hello, we must take off and pose in "ATTI" mode, beware the drone is in drift mode, especially do not use the mode "P" or "SPORT"!
2018-8-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

In general it's difficult and risky for several reasons:

1. High possibility of magnetic interference with compass readings when operating off huge steel vessel. You must be well prepared for piloting the aircraft in suddenly applied ATTi mode when compass get confused. In usually strong winds this is extremely difficult.
2. Constantly changing vessel position in relation to Home position recorded at lift up.
3. Rough waters may cause ship to wobble up and down or sideways, which will translate to challenging lifting and landing conditions. An agile and smart helper trained to hand catch the drone may be considered.

Naturally 2 & 3 must be taken into additional considerations when the vessel is moving. However, even on calm waters small vessel may drift off Home position significantly if not anchored or roped to a shore. On a moving vessel execute lift-up persistently to clear all obstacles. Remember: drone will lift straight up while the vessel is moving. Again and again, practice ATTI mode in strong winds ...

Good luck.
2018-8-28
Use props
JWindy
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

thanks alot for the hints. Do you have any references for your experience? Web pages, news paper articels, videos or something similar? I need to prove that the M200 or M210 was operated from a vessel for at least 10 flight hours to proof the capability of the system.

Best Regards
Johannes
2018-8-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

JWindy Posted at 2018-8-29 10:36
thanks alot for the hints. Do you have any references for your experience? Web pages, news paper articels, videos or something similar? I need to prove that the M200 or M210 was operated from a vessel for at least 10 flight hours to proof the capability of the system.

Best Regards

Johannes, there's no such as far as I know ... All advice I've supplied you with is based on my personal experience with M200 and other DJI drones operated from a deck of my houseboat, which is constructed of aluminium and wood. I've heard about somebody operating M200 off the vessel to inspect oil drilling rigs in North Sea region, but the details of his approach are unknown to me. All you can do is to try yourself and master such skill. In my experience strong winds, usually present at sea, may challenge M200 no matter how powerful this platform is. And I don't know what kind of vessel you're talking about. The success or failure are strictly environment dependent ...
2018-8-29
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
First Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>

We often use our m210 on boat and winds of 60 km / h, look at our page: https://www.facebook.com/Matrice210
2018-8-31
Use props
user9b08e2155b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452740 ft
Australia

M210 is a lemon. My brand new m210 has various faults.
2018-9-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

user9b08e2155b Posted at 2018-9-22 05:03
M210 is a lemon. My brand new m210 has various faults.

Return it ASAP and demand full refund.
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules