Charge Mavic 2 Pro Controller?
36600 34 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerrad Miller
New

United States

I just got it, plugged everything in, and how do I go about charging the controller? There is no cord that attaches from the side of the controller to a USB cord and its a weird plug so I dont just have one lying around my house? Is this cord somewhere hidden? I have looked all over for it?
2018-8-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a Micro USB cable on the side of the charger. Pull it out and connect it to the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller.
2018-8-28
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. The remote controller can be charged using the USB adapter and communication cable (USB 3.0 type C) going to your charger, which are included in the package. Please the image below for your reference.

2018-8-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-28 13:51
Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. The remote controller can be charged using the USB adapter and communication cable (USB 3.0 type C) going to your charger, which are included in the package. Please the image below for your reference.

[view_image]

Tony,

My M2P didn't come with a USB adapter.  It did come with the communications cable.
2018-8-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Does anyone ever read the manual (hint: it is even with pictures!)? ;-) https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... r%20Manual_v1.0.pdf
2018-8-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Tony, I sent you a PM.
2018-8-28
Use props
RickC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Its attached to the side of the brick. Its permanently connected instead of a separate cord you plug in like the Mavic Pro was.
20180828_172934.jpg
2018-8-28
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Page 41 on the full user guide.
2018-8-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-28 13:59
Tony,

My M2P didn't come with a USB adapter.  It did come with the communications cable.

Please read post 2# from msinger. On the side of the charger there is a dedicated charging cable for the RC. Below the picture from the manual. What you are looking for is (B). Alternatively you have received an adapter for the USB to USB C cable. You will find it in a tiny plastic bag among all the other things that were in the box. But even if it is really missing, for charging you still have (B) or you can use any other standard USB to Micro USB cable. Life can be so easy...

M2 Charger.JPG
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-28 14:18
Tony, I sent you a PM.

Hi, I have replied to your PM. Please see your inbox. Thank you.
2018-8-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-8-28 14:37
Page 41 on the full user guide.

Even on page 7 already.
2018-8-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This is like Christmas with all these funny questions
2018-8-28
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Tony
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your update. You can use the cable that is included in the AC power adapter. Please see the image below for your reference.

2018-8-29
Use props
fans887936db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

When I connect my controller up to the AC power adapter's pop out micro-USB cable, the controller will not charge.  If I connect the micro usb to usb-c adapter to the sync cable, and the sync cable USB-A to a USB Hub/Port it charges.  If I connect that same cable/adapter setup to the AC Power Adapter open USB-A port, the controller does not charge.  

If I connect the Mavic 2 Pro batter to the AC Power adapter, the battery completed a full charge.  I have not discharged it to confirm the AC Power Adapter didn't have a melt down.  Ive been tryin got charge the controller to full before I take my first flight.
2018-8-31
Use props
mike3deep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4655722 ft
  • >>>

Just thought I would comment in case it helps someone else:

What is not made clear in the instructions or videos is that the input on the left hand side of the controller can take 2 different types of the Micro-USB  (the square version and the beveled edge version).  I have never seen this before so confused me for a while.  

2018-9-4
Use props
Eugenious99
lvl.1

Canada

mike3deep Posted at 2018-9-4 05:03
Just thought I would comment in case it helps someone else:

What is not made clear in the instructions or videos is that the input on the left hand side of the controller can take 2 different types of the Micro-USB  (the square version and the beveled edge version).  I have never seen this before so confused me for a while.  

Exactly , it kind of confusion , especially for apple people , micro usb square accepts 2 different connectors
2018-9-10
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

Why do DJI insist on using square edged micro-usb sockets? Push the charger in the wrong way and not only will it not charge but you'll break the socket and as people here have seen on Sparks and MP1 they're not fixable!
2018-9-10
Use props
RgX9nCWqrb0z
New
Flight distance : 368583 ft
United States

DrMagical Posted at 2018-9-10 11:40
Why do DJI insist on using square edged micro-usb sockets? Push the charger in the wrong way and not only will it not charge but you'll break the socket and as people here have seen on Sparks and MP1 they're not fixable!

That's exactly what happened to me. Plug is now shot and I'll have send the controller back to DJi for repair. I leave the country in 2 weeks and I seriously doubt DJi will receive, process and return the controller back to me before I go.

Seems like the controller should be able to be charged via the USD port on the bottom but that's not the case.
2018-9-18
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

Dear DJI:

Kindly do some sub-kindergarten-level engineering so the transmitter/remote controller charger cable on the side of the charger actually looks like the receiver in the transmitter.

We should not have to do Internet research on forums to find out DJI engineers did not play with the below toys like the rest of us did right around the time we learned to stand up.
2018-9-19
Use props
captureasia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294685 ft
Singapore

RickC Posted at 2018-8-28 14:31
Its attached to the side of the brick. Its permanently connected instead of a separate cord you plug in like the Mavic Pro was.

This picture simply says it all, very helpful! I just got my MP2, my very first drone.
2018-9-20
Use props
djiuser_sM1e5GMcNOxw
lvl.1
United States

Your answer is on the 3rd page of the Remote Controller section (page 42 of the User Manual)! Are you illiterate, or just lazy and worthless?
2018-10-21
Use props
JustinDOzone
lvl.1
France

There is a second remote control battery charging method that's useful to know if you prefer a third-party charger as I do. DJI includes a “Communication Cable-USB3.0 Type-C” and a “USB Adapter” as described in the included “DJI Mavic 2 Pro In the Box” pamphlet. Plug the USB3.0 end of the Communications Cable into either of the two third-party USB 3.0 ports, the Micro USB end of the cable into the female end of the USB Adapter, and the male end of the USB Adapter into the “Video Downlink / Power Port (micro USB)”. See “DJI Mavic 2 Pro Quick Start Guide” page 3, reference #16.  The DJI method charges the remote and up to four flight batteries but charges the flight batteries in series rather than in parallel (for those of you born after 1990 and you public schools science teachers, this means the DJI method does not begin charging the second battery until the first is fully charged, and so on, up to four batteries). According to the “DJI Mavic 2 Pro Quick Start Guide - Step 3”, each fully discharged flight battery requires 90 minutes, and a fully discharged remote control battery requires 135 minutes to fully charge. Fstop Labs 6 in 1 Charging Hub ($56.00) and others like it charge the flight batteries, the remote control, and a pad or phone in parallel (simultaneously). Time comparison to fully recharge four fully discharged flight batteries and the remote control battery:  6 in 1 = 1.5 hours, DJI = 6 hours, and the DJI method will not charge your pad or phone. The bigger issue is that the DJI method takes longer to fully recharge a single fully discharged flight battery (90 min) than the realistic cumulative run time of four batteries (108 min), while the 6 in 1 allows you to fly for the remote control’s full 135 minute battery run time while only stopping to exchange flight batteries.   Tip: The Flight Menu “Charging” option charges your phone or pad while flying. If you enable this option, the remote control battery run time is reduced to 115-122 minutes (iPhone XS Max) which still exceeds the maximum realistic 108 minute cumulative flight time of four flight batteries. This becomes an advantage if your phone or pad takes longer to charge than the Mavic 2 Pro batteries by eliminating the extra downtime required to charge your pad or phone. https://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Bat ... JI+Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom
2018-10-21
Use props
djiuser_6Ktuy1RzDr5t
New

United States

msinger Posted at 8-28 12:49
There is a Micro USB cable on the side of the charger. Pull it out and connect it to the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller.

I'm also needing some help with the charger for the controller.  The end of the cord from the charger that comes with the Pro 2 looks like it has a flat side to it, whereas the receptacle on the controller unit looks more oval?
2018-11-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_6Ktuy1RzDr5t Posted at 11-26 18:36
I'm also needing some help with the charger for the controller.  The end of the cord from the charger that comes with the Pro 2 looks like it has a flat side to it, whereas the receptacle on the controller unit looks more oval?

It looks rounded, but it's a normal Micro USB port. Make sure you connect the cable like this so you don't damage the port by attempting to insert the cable incorrectly:

2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_UaI7iz3nZkDH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 663 ft
Ireland

Hi
Hope yous are all well and flying safely,
Just wondering can I charge the remote with usb connection?
not talking about the micro usb, I talking about the usb in the middle of the remote, Mavic 2 pro
Another question:
Can you use Sony micro usb phone charger to charge controller micro usb?
What wattage charger can I use on remote?
If I have usb charger port in my car is it safe to charge using this?
Thanks
Jonny
2018-12-2
Use props
djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2500 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-28 13:51

[view_image]

I do not have a micro usb port in my controller.   It is a rectangular port.  The other rc cables that i have for connecting my phone to the controller has the unique rectangular plug.  I cant use a micro usb. It does not fit into the controller.  Has anyone else had this issue?
2018-12-16
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy Posted at 12-16 04:52
I do not have a micro usb port in my controller.   It is a rectangular port.  The other rc cables that i have for connecting my phone to the controller has the unique rectangular plug.  I cant use a micro usb. It does not fit into the controller.  Has anyone else had this issue?

It fits, believe me! This type of USB socket - which Dji still uses for unknown reasons in the Mavic 2 series - is compatible to a "standard" micro USB plug. Just make sure that the smaller side of the plug is on the upper side!
2018-12-16
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DALLEN Posted at 9-19 18:57
Dear DJI:

Kindly do some sub-kindergarten-level engineering so the transmitter/remote controller charger cable on the side of the charger actually looks like the receiver in the transmitter.

I'm sure the same USB-RC-socket-guy at DJI's developement department is responsible for the handy gimble covers as well. A kind of AHD syndrome (aquired handling disorder)
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy Posted at 12-16 04:52

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have a short video of this concern for further help. You can use google drive or dropbox to upload the link. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_ffKOz09NZl1o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

Thank goodness for forums, I would have damaged the port. Very strange design using Micro USB A for a Micro USB B plug.  I have not flown it yet !!
Really need a more robust port such as a Micro USB C for frequent plugging in.
i have just got the Mavic after spending months trying to return an Anafi which fell out of the sky and was damaged (a frequent occurence apparently with Anafi).  Eventually after Visa Chargeback threats they part exed it.  Looking forward to Mavic Platinum.  Anafi was quite nice but no insurance or support available.
2019-2-20
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

djiuser_UaI7iz3nZkDH Posted at 2018-12-2 11:15
Hi
Hope yous are all well and flying safely,
Just wondering can I charge the remote with usb connection?

this is something i would like to know, too. can i charge controller using regular usb cables via phone chargers etc?
2019-3-25
Use props
Josh Lee
New

United States

The rectangle plug on the left side of the controller doesn't look like it would fit a Micro-USB charger, but it does.  Any micro USB charger will work.  There is also one attached to the charger that came with the drone.
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_EUxn3v0jhPSP
lvl.1

United States

DALLEN Posted at 2018-9-19 18:57
Dear DJI:

Kindly do some sub-kindergarten-level engineering so the transmitter/remote controller charger cable on the side of the charger actually looks like the receiver in the transmitter.

That sez it all...Just unpacked it yesterday...an engineering marvel so why use an archaic micro USB type A female, so we need a magnifying glass?...type B female prevents screwups and doubts (the manual is useless in this regard, a closeup please)...and why not type C already?, 10x the data and 2x the power...it's on the bird, put it on the controller!  And put soft rubber in the phone cradle...I need to cut the mount so my Pixel XL can reach the jack.
2020-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules