Spark controller with ipad mini 2 and OTG cable
2126 11 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_W9j5rkH5LP7m
lvl.2
Canada

I wonder and ask you guys that when i plug the controller with an OTG cable,to my mini ipad 2, in following the sequence:

ipad in Airplane mode

1- Start Spark
2- Start controler
3- Green light on
4- Dji go 4 turn on ipad
5- OTG cable plug in ipad
6- OTG cable plug on controller

Then i get the message"device not supported"
I just dismiss it and go flying without any problem.

AND HERE IS THE QUESTION: is the ipad mini 2 connected to the controller by the OTG or by WIFI. How could we know.

Thanks if any of you guys had ever been concern by that point let me know.

2018-8-28
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

dude, turn the wifi off on the iPad....
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_W9j5rkH5LP7m
lvl.2
Canada

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-8-28 15:38
dude, turn the wifi off on the iPad....

I should have tought about it. Since my 70s i'm getting slow.
2018-8-28
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

To make sure the wifi is not connected from the iPad to the controller, be sure to turn the wifi off on your iPad. Let me know if you have any more problems or questions!
2018-8-28
Use props
Amikase
lvl.2
Canada

drewhoover Posted at 2018-8-28 18:02
To make sure the wifi is not connected from the iPad to the controller, be sure to turn the wifi off on your iPad. Let me know if you have any more problems or questions!

Thanks to your help. This DJI forum is great because of you guys.
2018-8-28
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

Airplane mode should turn off Bluetooth and WiFi on iPad automatically
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the trouble. As of the moment, OTG cable is optimized for Android devices only. You can connect your iPad mini 2 using WiFi. Let me know if you're still having issues connecting you device. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
Amikase
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 02:26
Sorry for the trouble. As of the moment, OTG cable is optimized for Android devices only. You can connect your iPad mini 2 using WiFi. Let me know if you're still having issues connecting you device. Thanks for your support.

Thanks for your comment.

I have some news for you.

Same settings as above:
Airplane mode
WIFI turn off

Then after getting the message "device not supported"
I dismiss it
And dji go 4 works perfectly trough the OTG cable connection. All flying mode

2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Amikase Posted at 2018-8-29 04:31
Thanks for your comment.

I have some news for you.

You're welcome.  Let me know if you have other concern, we are here to help. Thanks for you support.
2018-8-29
Use props
Amikase
lvl.2
Canada

I dug deeper to understand how it is possible to have a connection with an OTG cable although it is not possible in theory. The way I proceed is first to connect the ipad (after the green light)to the controller  without the  OTG  cable  and with WIFI, then cut the WIFI and connect the cable. It seems that the two devices are paired and they stay connected trough the cable .
I would like to get feedback about this .
2018-8-30
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 02:26
Sorry for the trouble. As of the moment, OTG cable is optimized for Android devices only. You can connect your iPad mini 2 using WiFi. Let me know if you're still having issues connecting you device. Thanks for your support.

Hello Paladin, any news about the use of OTG in iOS? It really works very well. I do not understand what the problem is, why so much delay in DJI certification to be able to use it.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

QQRUCH Posted at 2018-8-30 11:00
Hello Paladin, any news about the use of OTG in iOS? It really works very well. I do not understand what the problem is, why so much delay in DJI certification to be able to use it.

Hi there, as of the moment, there is no update yet about this. Rest assured that we  will keep improving our products to provide you more options when in terms of compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules