A lot of issues
2364 17 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

I'm having a lot of issues with my mavic. Lets number them and I'll explain along the way.

1. I can't calibrate my drone in DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0, it just gets stuck trying to open the calibration window. This could fix some of the following issues if it worked.

Unable to calibrate

Unable to calibrate

2. My Mavic 2 Pro is very laggy when ending a recorded 4k video. I've tried numerous sizes and brands of MicroSD cards from 64G Sandisc Ultras to 16GB Sandisc ultras and 16GB Panasonics.

3. When shooting panos the image quality changes from RAW to JPG. This totally defeats the benefits of having the Pro version of this model. My Mavic Pro does a better job at shooting Panos than my Mavic 2 Pro. That's sad.

4. The drone gets slow to respond to the controller. For example when turning left or right while stationary the drone will continue to turn for like a full second after the stick is let go. This isn't high speed manuvers just trying to do smooth motion pans.

Preferences -

5. STOP auto stitching panos, I don't need that to happen, make it optional not forced. I've looked all over the config and can't find any way to turn it off.

6.. I want more options for customizing the controls. The F-Stop being bound to the right finger wheel is not convient. I need that to be shutter speed just like it was on the mavic pro.

2018-8-28
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

For the  assistant 2 to work follow these  steps https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/ ... -driver-enforcement
2018-8-28
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would check your gimbal yaw dampening setting.
2018-8-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ if your trying to calibrate your drone I’m presuming by the picture you put up its compass, you shouldn’t be calibrating compass indoors, if you do your in for some serious problems.

2/ I think recording with those cards in 4K they are to slow.

3/ was fixed at later stage for MavAir so hopefully this will be updated.

4/ maybe change Yaw settings.

5/ you can save all pano pictures without stitching need to change in app.

6/ maybe updates might change this.

3/
2018-8-29
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 01:32
1/ if your trying to calibrate your drone I’m presuming by the picture you put up its compass, you shouldn’t be calibrating compass indoors, if you do your in for some serious problems.

What do you think of the hasslehoff camera so far? I received mine yesterday and am currently charging battery’s and updating...
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-8-29 02:43
What do you think of the hasslehoff camera so far? I received mine yesterday and am currently charging battery’s and updating...

Just had one quick flight, will take a short time figuring out the Camera but images look great so far, did short video, colours look amazing.
But the craft itself is the best I’ve flown so far, much quicker in P mode, very steady and really very responsive.
Good luck I know you will enjoy this one.
2018-8-29
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 01:32

1) You use the DJI assistant to calibrate all the sensors on a computer.

2) The MicroSD cards I'm using are Class 10.

3) hopefully they fix it

4) looking into this setting but it's not listed as an independent setting to adjust.

5) Where? I can't find it anywhere in the app.

I'm hoping another update will be coming shortly. It was kind of humourous to see firmware version 1.0 being the update.

2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Impact9 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:16
1) You use the DJI assistant to calibrate all the sensors on a computer.

2) The MicroSD cards I'm using are Class 10.

You don’t use assistant to calibrate compass .
2018-8-29
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:35
You don’t use assistant to calibrate compass .

Obviously but you have to calibrate the vision system indoors on a PC.
2018-8-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you trying to play the video back on? some tv's phones and computers cannot process the 4k video. Also why are you calibrating your vision sensors right out of the box?
2018-8-29
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try Sandisk Extreme Pro,   NOT Ultra

Randy
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Regarding your question #1, can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? Please make sure to turn off your firewall and Anti-Virus. If the issue persists, please try to use different PC.

2. May I know what's the make and model of a mobile device are you trying to use? Have you tried formatting your SD card?

3. Could you please upload a sample image for us to check the issue.

4. Can you please try to re-link your Remote Controller to your Aircraft? Also, please try to calibrate your remote controller as well.

5. I do apologize but there's no way to turn off the stitching on DJI Go App. However, you can save unstitched Pano Photos to via DJI Go 4 app.

6. We still don't have any update if this would be possible. I'll forward this suggestion to our R&D department for an update.

Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-29
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Natalia I've uninstalled and reinstall the v2.0 app and no change even with everything disabled. The previous version that I have still installed for my Mavic Pro works fine for my Mavic Pro.

I tried using Sandisk Ultras Class 10 64GB, 16GB, Panasonic Gold 32GB.

I'm not sure what you want me to upload, the images are jpg and should be dng, but the app switches automatically to jpg when shooting panos.

I've relinked my controller I'll be going up in a hour or so to test things out. I did calibrate my controller last night so it should be good to go. I'll post up with results on all recommendations.  
2018-8-29
Use props
fans5aee5495
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Went to calibrate the IMU on my Mavic2pro and found the pictures of how to place the MP2 during each stage has an error in the pictures. Anyone else notice ? The stage when you place it with the MP2 facing vertically on its rear end is missing.

1. M2P on its "legs"
2. M2P on its side facing left.
3. M2P on its side facing right.
4. M2P on its rear end vertical, (This picture is not shown in Go4 v4.3.0 at stage 4, it shows it back on its legs)
5. M2P on its back.

Anyone spot this ?
2018-8-29
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

3. When shooting panos the image quality changes from RAW to JPG. This totally defeats the benefits of having the Pro version of this model. My Mavic Pro does a better job at shooting Panos than my Mavic 2 Pro. That's sad.

5. STOP auto stitching panos, I don't need that to happen, make it optional not forced. I've looked all over the config and can't find any way to turn it off.

ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

Impact, "Class 10" microSD cards may not be fast enough.

There are several speed classes and "Class 10" only means sustained write speeds of 10MB/s, while the Mavic 2 needs sustained write speeds of at least 12.5MB/s for it's 100Mbps video bitrate. I would recommend a card that is at least "UHS class 3" or "V30". See this for details:

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

However, I completely agree with you on #3, #5, and #6. Especailly, not being able to save the RAW DNGs from panos is very dissapointing. This feature needs to be added in an update ASAP.
2018-8-29
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

Impact, it does actually seem like it is possible to save the RAW DNGs for panoramas. I have not tested it myself yet, but see this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 894&pid=1536888
2018-8-29
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-29 02:48
Just had one quick flight, will take a short time figuring out the Camera but images look great so far, did short video, colours look amazing.
But the craft itself is the best I’ve flown so far, much quicker in P mode, very steady and really very responsive.
Good luck I know you will enjoy this one.

I flew yesterday and I was in awe, I can’t believe how quiet and steady this thing is, it’s like a futuristic drone from a sci-fi movie. Live feed and image quality is great, especially the colors...
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules