Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
drowned the drone in the water
1335 6 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
William Hartnell
lvl.1

United States

Hello everybody.  I have a slightly unusual situation.  Please treat with understanding, and try to give good advice.  Recently I went for a walk by the lake with a drone.  Due to its non-homogeneity, it did not control the level of charge and the drone was discharged right above the water and fell into it.  I will miss the details of how I got it, but still it was with me.  In the network, I found a lot of vague advice on how to restore it.  Lower the chips and parts in rice, dry.  But closer to me option - alcohol or alcohol that pushes water.  Because I decided to buy a distiller with https://stills-moonshine.com/ Because it will take a lot of alcohol.  Advise can what other alternative?
2018-8-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

best would be to cover in a bucket/bag of rice and leave so for a couple of weeks. ensure battery is removed and do not try to charge it. Normally salt water causes more damage to the drone then fresh water does and most people have managed to save their drones from putting it into a bag of rice for a couple of weeks
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the trouble. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-29
Use props
William Hartnell
lvl.1

Romania

Suren Posted at 2018-8-29 00:58
best would be to cover in a bucket/bag of rice and leave so for a couple of weeks. ensure battery is removed and do not try to charge it. Normally salt water causes more damage to the drone then fresh water does and most people have managed to save their drones from putting it into a bag of rice for a couple of weeks

I was familiar with this method, but did not know how effective this method is with rice.  I think I will try it.  Thanks for clarifying advice =)
2018-8-29
Use props
William Hartnell
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 03:28
Sorry for the trouble. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you, I will definitely return if the way with rice does not help.
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

William Hartnell Posted at 2018-8-29 22:44
I was familiar with this method, but did not know how effective this method is with rice.  I think I will try it.  Thanks for clarifying advice =)

I have been told by a few people now that the best thing you can do is remove the battery imeadiatly and dispose of it correctly. With the drone immerse it in running distilled water. Ie water that is in motion this will help flush out any salts or impurities that could harm the drone. After doing this a cple of times soak it in isopropyl alcohol this will disperse any water still on the board ie between the surface mount components and the board. Once that has been done then dry the drone thoroughly by either placing in a drying cabinet or by covering with rice for at least a week.Do not make any attemps to start the drone untill you are sure it is thoroughly dried out.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

William Hartnell Posted at 2018-8-29 22:46
Thank you, I will definitely return if the way with rice does not help.

You're welcome, please keep us posted.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules