Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant MacOS Calibration just shows a blank screen
5085 11 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgebrown
lvl.1

Switzerland

Trying to calibrate a mavic air vision system using DJI Assistant on MacOS, but the Calibration screen is just blank, no dots appear. Connection to drone is otherwise fine and can do stuff like firmware updates.
I tried on a colleagues MBP as well, same result, luckily we still have a windows machine in the office, and it worked on that. Not an ideal situation, should we want to calibrate in the field. Almost our entire office is either Apple or Linux.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Did you manage to turn off the firewall or antivirus software? You can try to download again the software using this link: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and try it again. You can use the video tutorial below as a guide.

2018-8-29
Use props
georgebrown
lvl.1

Switzerland

I downloaded the software this morning from your website, so it should be the latest version.  I know my colleagues version was working around a month ago as we had to calibrate a phantom
2018-8-29
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same thing happened to me.
The solution: lower your screen resolution before doing the test. DJI Assistant on MacOS does not support full resolution on your Mac, the program will load but you get that blank screen. Try the next notch down, that will take care of your blank screen. After calibration, return display settings to the recommended resolution.
Let me know if that worked for you
FC
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-8-29 08:34
The solution: lower your screen resolution before doing the test. DJI Assistant on MacOS does not support full resolution on your Mac, the program will load but you get that blank screen. Try the next notch down, that will take care of your blank screen. After calibration, return display settings to the recommended resolution.

Hi, Thanks for the additional informative help and resolution. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-29
Use props
georgebrown
lvl.1

Switzerland

The solution: lower your screen resolution before doing the test. DJI Assistant on MacOS does not support full resolution on your Mac, the program will load but you get that blank screen. Try the next notch down, that will take care of your blank screen. After calibration, return display settings to the recommended resolution.

I also tried this, but maybe the setup isn't right? I have a monitor attached, I changed it from scaled to 1920x1080 but it had no effect.  Maybe I need to do it directly on the laptop screen?
2018-8-30
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

georgebrown Posted at 2018-8-30 02:05
I also tried this, but maybe the setup isn't right? I have a monitor attached, I changed it from scaled to 1920x1080 but it had no effect.  Maybe I need to do it directly on the laptop screen?

Actually when I tried, I had a 1920x1080 monitor attached to my Mac Mini, so same setup as yours at that time when I got my blank screen calibrating the sensors, so I moved "one resolution down" setting and it worked. I would try a couple of resolutions setting (I don't remember which one worked) and you'll sure find one that works.

Good luck
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

georgebrown Posted at 2018-8-30 02:05
I also tried this, but maybe the setup isn't right? I have a monitor attached, I changed it from scaled to 1920x1080 but it had no effect.  Maybe I need to do it directly on the laptop screen?

Hi, Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of what you're encountering on the DJI Assistant 2? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
georgebrown
lvl.1

Switzerland

I had to check a Mavic Pro, and Assistant worked for that, maybe it's just the mavic air? I'll see if I can double check later today
2018-8-31
Use props
24FRAMES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704308 ft
Portugal

Hi!
I tried using your resolution tip with no success. Thanks, anyway.
2019-6-28
Use props
ChrisSgaraglino
New
Flight distance : 67234 ft
United States

Having the same issue on my iMac! I have tried setting my resolution down to 1600x900 I am using Assistant on the main screen - I have gone through all the tutorials and I am just able to get the Dot Grid to do anything - VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
2020-1-11
Use props
fansbd858161
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34229 ft
United States

ChrisSgaraglino Posted at 2020-1-11 08:53
Having the same issue on my iMac! I have tried setting my resolution down to 1600x900 I am using Assistant on the main screen - I have gone through all the tutorials and I am just able to get the Dot Grid to do anything - VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

This video may help with a blank (white).  I have a Mavic Air trying to calibrate on iMac 27" with extra monitor.  As soon as I turned off, and detached the extra monitor.........I got a dot pattern.  This after viewing many Youtube and DJI Forum topics.

Hope this works for you.
Youtube
2021-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules