Takeoff and Landing on a boat
1073 4 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timemachine
lvl.1
United States

I started with a Phanto SE3 and now have the Mavic.   My question is when landing on my boat I have fairly limited room and really need to land in my hand.  When using the command left stick down the drone seems to speed up before shutting down.  Is this normal and would there be a better way of doing this?

One other question is can I set the remote control location as the home point so when I am moving the drone does not try to fly back to the take off point?

Thanks everyeone.  Love the forum.

2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Yes as soon as you catch it in your hand flip it over it will shut down imeadiatly.
Practice this on land first before doing it on a moving boat
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Yes you can set the rc as home but you will need to do it very often.
I believe it is set under your intelligent flight mode options.
Ive never actually done it but im pretty sure you will find it in there
2018-8-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I set my RTH location to be where the RC is, and then I often land by just pulling down on the stick, while holding my hand under the drone.
Works well but  I do get alarms with the downward sensors complaining loudly.
And yes, my propellers speed up first, and then slow down and shut down after it landed safely. Mine is a Mavic Air.
2018-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The remote needs good GPS, the RTH set to RC or current aircraft position can be selected in ‘Main controller settings’ menu in DJI Go 4 when all is powered up and connected.

You might also want to disable the ‘Smart RTH’ toggle in the battery settings. This switch is badly described as it disables the ‘low battery RTH,  whereby when the battery reaches minimum level required to get to home point then it will or will not initiate an RTH, depending on position of thisswitch.

You could also set the aircraft to hover on loss of signal. At all times it would be wise to keep aircraft in sight.
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules