Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connection error
12Next >
11381 49 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

When I initially power up, my RC sees my tablet and the MP2.  I press the Go Fly button, and everything looks good for a couple seconds, but then the screen goes black and white, and it says I have a connection error.  Then it tells me I have to update the Remote firmware to 1.0, but it's already at 1.0, so it fails.  This doesn't happen with my phone.
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

i posted on the rcgroups thread as well.  it looks like someone there is having the same issue.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device and DJI Go4 app version you are using? Kindly provide a screenshot of the error message so that I can check it on my end. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Error attached. My Note 8 works fine. My Tab S gives this error. Tried side and bottom ports. Neither work.  It's the latest Android Go4 version.
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

picture didn't upload from mobile
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-29 04:31
[view_image] picture didn't upload from mobile

Hi, I would like to clarify that the connection error will not occur on the Note 8, however, the message will prompt on Tab S correct? how about the message for the firmware update, is it occurring on the Note 8 as well? Please keep us posted.
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-29 15:16
Hi, I would like to clarify that the connection error will not occur on the Note 8, however, the message will prompt on Tab S correct? how about the message for the firmware update, is it occurring on the Note 8 as well? Please keep us posted.

The firmware update prompt doesn't happen on the note 8. All my issues are on the tab s.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-29 15:30
The firmware update prompt doesn't happen on the note 8. All my issues are on the tab s.

Hi, Thanks for the response. We will forward it to our engineers for further information. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3

Thanks for the support. I'm just glad I have everything that works for now. I'd much rather have the bigger screen, but small is better than none. I was plagued on the spark. All my devices worked, but they crashed constantly during flight.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-29 15:49
Thanks for the support. I'm just glad I have everything that works for now. I'd much rather have the bigger screen, but small is better than none. I was plagued on the spark. All my devices worked, but they crashed constantly during flight.

You're very much welcome. Please wait for our response for further details.
2018-8-29
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I am seeing the same error now too. DJI GO 4 detects my Mavic 2 as a Phantom 4 now. WickedWingman see if the app is detecting the wrong type of quad. I am seeing this error after factory resetting my phone to troubleshoot this issue I had today, Now I get this message just like you in GO 4. The DJI app now thinks I have Phantom. I'm uninstalling the app. This is after a factory phone reset and fresh DJI GO install. You know what else is weird. I swear I saw the APAS symbol from the Air too.

I'm about to unstall go 4 again to see if I can get it to detect the Mavic 2 as a Mavic 2 and not a Phantom. This is weird.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Mine realizes it's a mavic 2
2018-8-30
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

I uninstalled the app again and the factory reset and now it comes up as a Mavic and shows the proper icon for APAS. Also don't get the connection error you have anymore. When I had the disconnect issue it was showing the wrong icon for APAS on the GO 4 app. It was pretty strange.
2018-8-30
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Just got this again after landing. I landed and switched the Wifi settings from 20MHZ to 10MHZ. I noticed when I switched it the range width indicators for the band from 20 to 10 did not change. Right after that I got the remote controller connection error. Almost like it locks up when switching manually or something. I tested it again a few minutes ago changing back and forth from 10 to 20 MHZ to see if it will do it again, but not so far.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-30 02:21
Mine realizes it's a mavic 2

Hi, I would like to ask if the live feed will turn into a black screen if this message will pop up? Please hit "Reply" whenever you will respond for me to be notified. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-30 11:21
Hi, I would like to ask if the live feed will turn into a black screen if this message will pop up? Please hit "Reply" whenever you will respond for me to be notified. Thank you.

Yes. The feed goes gray when i get the message.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-30 11:33
Yes. The feed goes gray when i get the message.

Hi, Thanks for the response. I will forward this information to our team. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-30 11:45
Hi, Thanks for the response. I will forward this information to our team. Thank you.

Did you get any feedback?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-31 17:39
Did you get any feedback?

Hi, I terribly apologize for the late response. I would like to ask what is the firmware of your aircraft and RC? Please provide your DJI GO 4 app version as well. I would recommend try to reboot your Mavic 2 Pro including the Tab S to see if the issue will persist. In any case that the issue will persist, kindly upload your app log using your computer and also the date. Here's the address on how you will do it. DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE, it would be appreciated as well if you can provide a home screen shot of your device once you connected your RC to your device.
2018-9-3
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Both RC and M2P are at the latest firmware. Go4 at latest firmware. I've rebooted everything multiple times. I'll try uploading the log when I get the chance.
2018-9-3
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft

I’m getting this error frequently now on my M2 Zoom.....
All firmware updated, latest Go4 version........
Tried rebooting everything several times. Disconnects whether I’m 2000’ away or only 20’ still sitting on the ground.....
2018-10-2
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4

2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please keep us posted if you already uploaded your app log. Thanks!
2018-10-6
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-6 04:08
Please keep us posted if you already uploaded your app log. Thanks!

I haven't uploaded a log, not really sure how to do that but I've been experimenting.  I was getting 1 or even 2 RC disconnect errors per battery.  It didn't seem to matter whether I was 20' away from the RC or 2000'.  So I started flying only in my back yard with in a 150' x 150' box with the RC only max altitude about 10', no phone or tablet connected and flew 6 straight batteries down to 20% with no problems at all.  So I then reconnected my phone and flew with the Go 4 app, BUT connected with a different cable using the lower USB-A port and have flown 3 batteries with no problems at all as well.  I haven't gone back to the small 4" cable and reconnected to the charger port of the RC and flown that way to see if the problem comes back.  But at first glance, it looks like the lower USB port is working more reliably than the top USB micro/charger port........I know this isn't conclusive evidence but that's what it looks like for now......
2018-10-6
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft

Following ,   Same happened to me on two occasions , latest firmwear and go4 app ,Mavic pro  and Nexsus 9 tab.

2018-10-7
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809783 ft

happens to me also..mavic pro 1 latest firmware..latest go4 app.

changed cable..used both ports..problem is random..refreshed firm..still problem persists..still connection between rc and ac will be there..phone looses connection..temp solution rebooting rc
2018-10-8
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Did this get resolved.  Im getting constant loss in signal between controller and M2P.  Im using samsuns s9+.  Its real scary when you have no control and the drone is 1000ft away.. just have to hope for a safe Return to Home!
2018-10-10
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3

Nope. this is why I quit flying my spark too.
2018-10-10
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2

Mike245 Posted at 2018-10-7 07:20
Following ,   Same happened to me on two occasions , latest firmwear and go4 app ,Mavic pro  and Nexsus 9 tab.
RC Connection Error

This is still happening any news on fixing this ?, it happened twice on me yesterday, The remote still works but the GO4 app crashes , I did try and restart the App but it would only go as far as checking the firmware then it would freeze, I then rebooted my Tab tried to reconnect but it would not so I landed shut everything down restarted it all again then it connected   
2018-10-11
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

Mike245 Posted at 2018-10-11 03:54
This is still happening any news on fixing this ?, it happened twice on me yesterday, The remote still works but the GO4 app crashes , I did try and restart the App but it would only go as far as checking the firmware then it would freeze, I then rebooted my Tab tried to reconnect but it would not so I landed shut everything down restarted it all again then it connected

Mike have you tried using the lower USB-A port instead of the top port?  I was getting 1 or 2 RC/AC disconnects per battery until I went to the lower USB port.  Since then I've gone through 10+ batteries without a single disconnect...... That was with my S7 Edge........
2018-10-12
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>

Same problem here with a Galaxy S9+. I only can use the bottom USB Port for stable connection.
2018-10-12
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-12 03:40
Mike have you tried using the lower USB-A port instead of the top port?  I was getting 1 or 2 RC/AC disconnects per battery until I went to the lower USB port.  Since then I've gone through 10+ batteries without a single disconnect...... That was with my S7 Edge........

Hi, Yeah I have used the lower usb port since day one this is only been  happening since the latest update, I`ve back dated the GO4 app just waiting for some clear weather to go fly    
2018-10-12
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-3 09:19
Hi, I terribly apologize for the late response. I would like to ask what is the firmware of your aircraft and RC? Please provide your DJI GO 4 app version as well. I would recommend try to reboot your Mavic 2 Pro including the Tab S to see if the issue will persist. In any case that the issue will persist, kindly upload your app log using your computer and also the date. Here's the address on how you will do it. DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE, it would be appreciated as well if you can provide a home screen shot of your device once you connected your RC to your device.

Hi Tony, Did this get resolved, I haven't been able to get out yet due to the bad weather we been having.
2018-10-16
Use props
djiuser_D2MAmEbLIK6I
New

Sweden

I got the same today on my first real flight with new M2 Zoom and Samsung Note 8 (firmware and app updated). Could fly for a bit before the message "remote controller connection error" kept showing up and the drone had to come home on its own. (which luckily worked fine).
2018-10-17
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2

i think its go4 app problem with android..4.3.0 has less disconnects than 4.3.2

i think this disconnect issue started from 4.2.14
2018-10-18
Use props
Dreh Anders
New
Germany

Hello, I'm living through the ordeals of erratic connection losses using the Mavic2 Zoom with a Note8.
As per now it seems I have stable connections (both rc to copter and rc to phone) on even dates like October 20th but not on odd ones like yesterday.
Yesterday I drained two batteries and the rc's trying to fly. I experienced alternating connection losses rc to Note8 and rc to aircraft. Even after lucky 30 seconds airborne repeatedly the rc tried to reconnect to the copter or the video feed went b/w.
All firmware is uppest to date, Note8 is connected via lateral USB-C cable.
A ground time of app. 65% per fully charged battery drains the fun of using the Mavic2.
I'll reinstall the djiGo4 and hope for the best.
2018-10-20
Use props
Balage85
New
Flight distance : 65636 ft

Same happaned with me. It was really sceary when i lost my mavic pro 300 meters away from me. Return to home worked well. But if i lost my drone because the software is bad, can it be a warranty issue?

Phone: Huaweii Honor 8
Connection type: USB-C
Mavic Pro Platinum lastest firmware
DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 (666-googleplay)
2018-10-20
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2

djigo 4.2.4 version has no disconnects...
2018-10-23
Use props
djiuser_ctq8eGj4qb3d
lvl.1

United States

Similar issue with Mavic Air and Pixel 2 XL. It doesn't warn about firmware update, but the connection is lost and I have to undock and redock the phone in order to restore it.
2018-10-31
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

I haven't followed in detail all of this thread, so maybe the following will be of no help.
However, I recently updated my Pixel2 to latest Android 9, and afterwards I had very unstable connection to the RC, plus I had a variety of problems trying to change many of values in the menus. Repeated restarting of the RC would reconnect (for a time).

Switching over to my iPhone 7 instantly cleared up all of the problems.
There is also this thread.
2018-11-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules