Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Idea for Ronin-s double handle
3249 10 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there,

I was thinking about the potential of DJI releasing a double-handle solution for the Ronin-s.  Zyihun has a double handle that clamps to it gimbal, but I don't think that is an elegant solution.

SO, (brainstorming here), what if DJI makes a double handle solution where you remove the battery grip and connect the gimbal to the handles with the clamp (where you normally connect the battery grip).  

How do you power the gimbal you ask?  Well, the handle unit only has one grip built into it (Identical to the Ronin s battery grip except no battery or controls).  On the other side (where the second handle would be), there is instead a plate to connect the battery grip.  So the battery grip would be the second handle and the electrical connections go (internally) from the battery grip to the gimbal.

DJI COULD put live battery grip mounting plates on both sides (with electrical connections on both sides).  This way you could change which side you insert the battery grip for right and left handed people.  Alternatively, (maybe to save weight, complexity,  and cost), The dummy grip could be fixed in place and the battery grip mounting plate could be pivoted 180 degrees so you could simply flip the entire handle set around for left handed use.  (This way your battery grip would be on the left.)

And of course, the dummy grip could also have a bottom mounting spot for a tripod base, so you would only have to open both tripod bases to set the gimbal/handle contraption down.  It would free-stand.

And Finally, for storage and travel, both grips (battery and dummy) would be removed and the remaining crossbar with gimbal mount would have hinged connections so it would fold down to about 12" long.  The entire stored handle set with grips would be about 12" long and 5" in circumference.

This would be a little heavier than the Zyihun solution (mostly because of the mounting clamps, hinges, and circuitry), but I think this would be an excellent approach to make a double-handle solution for the Ronin-s

Yup, DJI would have to charge a premium for this handle set (and I would pay it), but the center of gravity would be lower, you could customize for right and left hand operation, your kit would be bit smaller for storage and travel, setup or teardown would only take about 60 seconds, you wouldn't need to clamp the handles to your Ronin s, you wouldn't need to buy and mount a separate thumb controller to drive the gimbal and camera, and it would be a VERY elegant solution.

2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mabou2, thanks for your input and suggestion for the future product, we really appreciate that, our R&D team is working on designing the Ronin-S Dual Grip Handle Bar and it will be released once it is ready, let's expect it, your suggestion will also be forwarded to our engineers, thank you again for your support.
2018-8-31
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received this two hand rig for my ronin s, never used since I returned my ronin s.
$75.00 + shipping

2018-9-3
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2018-9-3 09:24
I received this two hand rig for my ronin s, never used since I returned my ronin s.
$75.00 + shipping

Hey there,

Who made that?  Is it actually made for the Ronin-S or does it something that coincidentally fits the Ronin-S?  What is the missing part?
2018-9-3
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

ronin rs211 Posted at 2018-9-3 09:24
$75.00 + shipping

Are you able to share where you got this accessory from?
2018-9-4
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 2018-9-4 00:09
Are you able to share where you got this accessory from?

Just do an eBay search. They have been available from several suppliers for a while now. I assume DJI will release their official version soon too.
2018-9-5
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>

Moni Johnson Posted at 2018-9-5 13:12
Just do an eBay search. They have been available from several suppliers for a while now. I assume DJI will release their official version soon too.

Thanks for the tip!
2018-9-6
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Or you could just buy this never use handle from me..
2018-9-7
Use props
Eksperiens
lvl.1

Wouldn't a ring, ronin 2 style with internal batteries, all the original controls and feet to put it down be the most FIRE thing that happened since ever? I've actually been dreaming of this setup.
2018-10-8
Use props
fansc7bbd79f
New

United States

Great ideas. Hopefully we see something like this by 2025?
2019-1-5
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I used to have this big dual grip and changed for a super lightweight solution that allows me to use the focus wheel. Check this out:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-174831-1-1.html
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules