Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't update Mavic 2 Pro to 01.00.0000
12Next >
23280 63 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansee86466c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215673 ft
Italy

I just got my Mavic 2 Pro, updated the remote and no-fly zones, then I connected the aircraft.
When asked to update the aircraft firmware I tried to do it but I get:

"update failed. restart the equipment and try again later.
Reason:Network disconnected.
Reconnet to continue downloading."

I tried many times, from hours, to shut down / restart everything (smartphone included). I also tried another smartphone, with 2 different WiFi, in 4G and nothing. I still get that error!

Has this happened to someone else?

How could I resolve?
2018-8-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It took a while for me to update, had similar messages.
First couldn’t update through app, then tried assistant 2, got to 100% and said update failed, but in the app my FW 100 was updated so keep checking the app to see if it has updated.
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

It took several times for me to update and activate mine also.    Stay persistent like Hallmark mentioned above.  I personally use Assistant 2 for all firmware updates.  My computer is hard-wired and the firmware is transmitted via wired, and not wireless.

You are running DJI Assistant 2?  v2.0.0  
2018-8-29
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Same error here.

"update failed. restart the equipment and try again later.
Reason:Network disconnected.
Reconnet to continue downloading."
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device and DJI Go 4 app you are using? Kindly follow the video tutorial below on how to update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads) Let me know if the issue is still the same. Thanks for your support.

2018-8-29
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Updating now with Assistant.. thanks
2018-8-29
Use props
fansee86466c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215673 ft
Italy

It worked fine with DJI Assistant 2 (after an error the first time)

Thank you
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

yeah.  i had to use assistant as well.  the remote updated fine with go4, but the drone would not.  same error message regardless of LTE or WiFi
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Squashpile Posted at 2018-8-29 07:07
Updating now with Assistant.. thanks

Please keep us posted if the issue is still the same. Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansee86466c Posted at 2018-8-29 07:38
It worked fine with DJI Assistant 2 (after an error the first time)

Thank you

You're welcome. Let me know if you have other concern. Cheers!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-29 07:43
yeah.  i had to use assistant as well.  the remote updated fine with go4, but the drone would not.  same error message regardless of LTE or WiFi

May I know if using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic fix your issue?
2018-8-29
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-29 08:19
May I know if using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic fix your issue?

eventually.  i had to reboot everything more than a dozen times.  it found the m2p with relative ease, but it was searching for the firmware for over 20min.  i'm wondering if maybe it was a server issue on your side with everyone trying to update at the same time.
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_edA1fccHHvGF
lvl.1

United States

I'm unable to update via any method.  I have tried using Assistant 2, and it gets to 100% and says complete, but the version never changes from 6.0.0
2018-8-29
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This is just like Christmas time and all the same questions hehe
2018-8-29
Use props
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

I've spent the last hour trying to update the firmware.  I got the same error message about network disconnected.  All of these unboxing videos and not one of those people had this issue?  I plugged the aircraft into my computer and started the update through DJI Assistant.  It ultimately failed after appearing to download and install the update, then I tried updating through the DJI app again over WiFi, and this time it worked.  Weird.  Just had my first flight and it flew wonderfully.  
2018-8-30
Use props
troycgray
New
Flight distance : 973110 ft

I've been trying for two days to get mine updated and I'm having the same issue. I got up this morning, went down stairs and tried it again, and it FINALLY updated to 01.00.0000. Now it needs to do another one that I'm having the same issue with. I may get this thing ready to fly by November.
2018-9-5
Use props
ju ker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236509 ft
France

hi,
i receive this Morning my mavic 2 pro . it is same problem for me , upgrade by dji go 4 is impossible ;
upgrade with dji assistant is stop on step 3 updating 15% and stop every time (maybe 10 time !!!!) .
version i download on my pc is:  DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.0
HELP !!!!!!!!!
2018-9-5
Use props
Siegfried Wenus
New

Norway

Is there any solution to the problem yet? I still can not update the software of the drone, neither through DJI assistant 2 on a Mac nor through the DJI app on my android, even not after I downloaded the .apk.  There is a sauer feeling to that since I had to give my Mac and my Android special permission to install the software. I have no idea what DJI might do wit this software on my systems? And still I can not use my drone. Are just the servers of DJI overloaded or is something not working with the software and they try to fix it while not allowing any further download or do they that way press us to install unsafe software? I really wonder.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans66936aad
New

Same problem, can't update...i think it come from DJI, i hope they are working on a solution...
2018-9-12
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I updated simply by using DJI GO 4 APP and connected Mavic 2
2018-9-12
Use props
djiuser_RZNPz1QrePSZ
New

Canada

fans66936aad Posted at 2018-9-12 02:24
Same problem, can't update...i think it come from DJI, i hope they are working on a solution...

Same issue. Tried for hours and got to 5% a few times and 10% at most. Used the DJI assistant and it failed 4 or 5 times over a 10 min span then worked perfect.
2018-9-12
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1118091 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had Huge issues trying to update a Mavic 2 Zoom via the app (though it was happy to upgrade just the remote). In the end, DJI Assistant 2 fixed it up in one pass . I'll be remembering that when my pro arrives (Left Shenzen DHL facility on the 11th and nothing new on tracking yet) and going straight to assistant from the start. Thanks for the tip!
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_UjaQf1HXInj3
New

Nepal

I have the same problem
Can dji fix this problem please.
2018-9-15
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

EMBE Posted at 2018-9-12 02:37
I updated simply by using DJI GO 4 APP and connected Mavic 2

Could it be you're using iOS ?
2018-9-15
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes. Not possible with Android?
2018-9-16
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

my friend also struggled with this update with his samsung galaxy s9. he finally updated with one of our iphones without a problem.
2018-9-17
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.2
United States

Yep just trying to update my mavic 2 pro this AM... same issue.  Won't even start the download, just gives me the same network error as OP.
2018-9-26
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.2
United States

Just to clarify, my above attempt was with the DJI Go app on an Android.

Just tried with Assistant and it went flawlessly.  Windows Home 10.

Had some issues with calibration though.  Had to fold the rear arms out of the way to do the side cameras, and then on the final screen where it says "Calculating..." it just hung there for 10 minutes before I stopped it.
Using an ultrawide monitor (21:9) so that may be part of the issue, will try later with a normal aspect.
2018-9-26
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

same problems  tried with a samsung and with dji assistent for mavic 2.. no way....finaly i did it with an ipad,
2018-9-26
Use props
Jarmok6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440135 ft
Estonia

The same problem, I couldn't upgrade with Wifi, 4G LTE or with DJI assistant 2 on PC, all saying Network Error,   My RC upgraded with first go but with a drone, there's this network error...  Finally, DJI facebook support suggested to download DJI assistant 2 again and reinstall it. And wow it worked!  Didn't believe it as DJI assistant 2 didn't show any sight to need for the update itself...

PEACE!
2018-10-11
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

The firmware update doesn't work using android or CS operating system. DJI keep pumping this crap out and not in the slightest bit ashamed in doing so. Wish they would fix there crap
2018-10-11
Use props
Anderson Fauzer
New
Flight distance : 417487 ft

I tried everything: assistant For Mavic, by the app using IPhone 7 and Xs  resulting the same: failure
My camera doesn’t work and the updates? None what should I do more or differently ?
2018-10-14
Use props
zona
lvl.1
United States

I waited weeks for the CrystalSky update, a premium piece of gear sold by DJI. It now connects to the Mavic 2 pro, but also fails on the firmware updated.

This is clearly a problem with your android software. When do you plan to fix it? I only have linux machines at home and we aren't allowed to install malware on our corporate machines, so I can't use Assistant.

Please fix your software to work on your premium Crystalsky device with your latest and most expensive drone. This is really disappointing.
Also note that I tried a pixel 2 phone as well as the crystalsky tablet. Same failure. No way to update and so I assume my Mavic 2 is not well until I do.
2018-10-14
Use props
fans86384b4f
lvl.1

Indonesia

connect your remotte control to aircraft while update your aircraft using dji assistant 2....with pc connect use USb
2018-10-18
Use props
zona
lvl.1

No.  I only have linux machines at home and we aren't allowed to install malware on our corporate machines, so I can't use Assistant
2018-10-19
Use props
zona
lvl.1

fans86384b4f Posted at 2018-10-18 09:55
connect your remotte control to aircraft while update your aircraft using dji assistant 2....with pc connect use USb

No. See https://www.dji.com/crystalsky

"Created for outdoor aerial imaging, the CrystalSky monitor
features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight.
It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the
DJI GO app, giving camera operators total control."

I see, "It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the
DJI GO app".

Where does it say we can't use our very expensive brick to update firmware with the app that works seamlessly?
2018-10-19
Use props
zona
lvl.1

I mean, who are you kidding?

CUSTOMIZED SYSTEM AND DJI GO
A newly designed system removes unnecessary Android apps and services and is resistant to viruses and junk software. This ensures that the CrystalSky monitor is able to offer optimum performance at all times. Its embedded DJI GO app provides full access to all DJI GO features including aircraft parameter adjustment, camera control, footage management, and playback. Using offline maps, maps can be kept available even if going out of Wi-Fi reach.

*Supports DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and DJI Pilot.

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky
2018-10-19
Use props
djiuser_VyB9LEai5Y0n
New

Romania

Where is my other comment? Someone, somehow censored forum posts?
2018-10-23
Use props
zona
lvl.1

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-10-23 10:51
Hi, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I have confirmed with Developer Team that Mavic 2 firmware is not recommended as it may void warranty. Kindly keep an eye on our website for future information.  Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks for your understanding.

-DJI Bot

What in the world does that mean? How can your own firmware void the warranty of your own gear?

Please explain.
2018-10-23
Use props
djiuser_7fIg0P4Pc8Pc
New

Belgium

Had this problem and glad that others advised to use DJI assistant. I downloaded it and updated the mavic 2 pro wired through pc. Works like a charm. Thanks guys
2018-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules