DJI OcuSync Air System - What antenna? placement?
2636 2 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CraugWat
lvl.1

What antenna is best for what type of flying?  I have read the FAQ:
• Pagoda: This circularly polarized antenna performs best at 5.8 GHz.
• Cylindrical: Also circularly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for fully integrated performance.
• Dipole: Linearly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and is lightweight, allowing for a clear video feed at close distances.

Can anyone clarify what application each of these is best for?  For example I want longest range on a large fixed wing.  Is the Cylindriaal the best choice for the Air unit?  
Pagoda is best for close range?

Also, any information on anteanna placement.  Should the be at 90° to each other or any other suggestions?  If they should be placed in any particular orientataion, what is the best way to achieve that since the FAQ also says don't bend the antenna.

Supporting responses with test data would be awesome!  Surely DJI has done range testing for the RF link between the goggles and the air unit.

THanks,
Craig
2018-8-29
Use props
fansa39c327b
lvl.1
Ukraine

This is a very important question, and so far no one has given an answer. Which antenna is best for long haul flights? The instructions say that the antennas should be parallel and not bent, and the distance between them should be at least 3 cm. And the nests are only 2 cm. How can I get 3 cm without bending? When you insert the antennas into the connectors, they hang there and spin. Is it possible to fly like that? Or do you need to fix them with glue?
2020-3-30
Use props
xrk
lvl.2
Germany

Here's an excerpt from the user manual: "Place the two antennas on the Air Unit vertically and parallel to each other at least 30 mm apart." As there is no further mention of the type of antenna, this likely applies to all 3 included antenna types.

In addition: "Please note that you should avoid placing the antennas level with any electrically conductive material. Also, make sure to keep the bottom of the antenna at least 25 mm away from potential conductors such as cables, carbon fiber frames, batteries, and metals."

> How can I get 3 cm without bending?

The set includes two flexible MMCX extension cables.

2020-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules