Hyperlapse Help?
2839 15 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James3342
lvl.3
United States

I tried the free form hyperlapse mode and it came out horrible.  I watched the DJI video before I tried it and it wasn't very helpful.  The video (which I already deleted) was very jumpy and had motion blur. I was simply trying to fly the drone around, and moved the gimbal pitch up and down, etc. Obviously I'm doing something wrong....

2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Kindly provide what mobile device, SD card, DJI Go4 app version and  firmware version you are using. Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-29
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Without seeing the video it's hard to diagnose but sounds like either the shutter speed was too low or wind speed was too high to get a steady shot. You may need to increase the ISO to obtain a high enough shutter speed to eliminate the blur.
2018-8-29
Use props
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive tried quite a few and this is the same question I have. The DJI videos are ultra smooth, all of mine are jumping all over the place?
2018-9-17
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

SlickR Posted at 2018-9-17 12:09
Ive tried quite a few and this is the same question I have. The DJI videos are ultra smooth, all of mine are jumping all over the place?

the hyperlapse video from Mavic 2 is not always looking good. there are several things to consider, starting with the weather, wind speed, drone speed, etc and ending with the built in software processing.
in ideal conditions, the hyperlapse video will look perfect. but not always.
i would recommend saving the pictures from the hyperlapse then using a different tool (ie. Lightroom, Premiere Pro) to post process them and add some stabilization.
2018-9-17
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

The more distance you have from the subject the less you will notice the unwanted movements of the quad.
2018-9-17
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

It can be the nature of hyperlapse photography. First, don't touch the sticks while the hyperlapse feature is running (unless you're going to hit something obviously). The program/algorithm does a great job of producing results that will be smooth. I've found that stationary or course lock provide the smoothest results. And as others have mentioned, greater distance helps. Also, as others said, save your RAW hyperlapse photos and use third-party software to produce your clip, most include a feature to smooth out the "jerky-ness" in the photos. But, you can get good results with practice and letting the drone do its own thing.
2018-9-18
Use props
Vinnypics
New

Canada

Hi -new to this forum and new to drone flying in general.. Bought the badass Zoom and am loving it.  Over the weekend I shot (or thought) that a few hyperlapse videos.  The drone certainly took all the pictures but I can't find the videos anywhere.  Feel like a total noob here but can't find them anywhere for the life of me.  I don't have an sd card in the drone (yet) and have everything else that I shot on my phone in my regular photo folder.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Drone firmwear should be up to date and my phone is a Pixel 2.  I connected my drone to my computer as well to see if the files were there but no dice.  I'm not sure if the photos are stored as individual shots and then I have to assemble post-production, or if they're already made into a video.  Feel like a total noob on this -any help would be greatly appreciated.!!
2018-11-19
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Vinnypics Posted at 11-19 14:38
Hi -new to this forum and new to drone flying in general.. Bought the badass Zoom and am loving it.  Over the weekend I shot (or thought) that a few hyperlapse videos.  The drone certainly took all the pictures but I can't find the videos anywhere.  Feel like a total noob here but can't find them anywhere for the life of me.  I don't have an sd card in the drone (yet) and have everything else that I shot on my phone in my regular photo folder.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Drone firmwear should be up to date and my phone is a Pixel 2.  I connected my drone to my computer as well to see if the files were there but no dice.  I'm not sure if the photos are stored as individual shots and then I have to assemble post-production, or if they're already made into a video.  Feel like a total noob on this -any help would be greatly appreciated.!!

I beleive the hyperlapse modes are only available for the Mavic 2 Pro, not the Zoom. So you would need to do it manauly by taking the photos and stitching them together in post
2018-11-19
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United Kingdom

also, if you're using AutoFocus make sure that you focus on your subject before starting the hyperlapse. Sometimes the M2P has this stupid idea to not focus at all.

here is an example of hyperlapses in a windy day (out of camera, no post processing):
and here is an example of hyperlapse in a day with very low wind intensity:

2018-11-20
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

Shoot in raw. Add your photos to your editing program and then decrease each raw file to 1 frames per second. I'm not too fond of the processed hyperlapse video that dji produces due to the stabilization. This can also be corrected quite well with raw files with most editing programs.
2018-11-20
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I don't understand this at all  "then decrease each raw file to 1 frames per second"?
2018-11-20
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 11-20 07:39
I don't understand this at all  "then decrease each raw file to 1 frames per second"?

He means in the editing app make each photo only last 1 second before it changed to the next one.. Making it 1 frame (photo) every second.
2018-11-20
Use props
TP_Mavic2Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6841 ft
Canada

Hello all!

I made few Hyperlapse videos.  I cannot find a video of it.  SD card has a folder called Hyperlpase, but I cannot find the video of it.  All I see are, bunch of subfolders under the main Hyperplase folder.  Do I have to creat them manually?  or is this suppose to be done automatically?

TIA!
2019-5-7
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

TP_Mavic2Pro Posted at 5-7 14:06
Hello all!

I made few Hyperlapse videos.  I cannot find a video of it.  SD card has a folder called Hyperlpase, but I cannot find the video of it.  All I see are, bunch of subfolders under the main Hyperplase folder.  Do I have to creat them manually?  or is this suppose to be done automatically?

The MP4 should be in the DCIM / 100MEDIA folder.

2019-5-7
Use props
TP_Mavic2Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6841 ft
Canada

PS013 Posted at 5-7 14:22
The MP4 should be in the DCIM / 100MEDIA folder.

Thank you!
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules