Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't download firmware updates
5024 5 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hiker74
New

Just got a spark and can't download firmware updates. The problem is my phone, galaxy s8, as far as I can tell can't connect to 2 wifis. In order for the updates to show up, I have to be connected to the controller. If I'm connected to the controller, I can't connect to my home wifi, when I try and switch to the home wifi, the updates will not show up or will switch to saying folder empty. How do I download the updates? I've watched multiple videos and they for the most part talk about connecting your phone to the controller and drone, which I've done just fine and then they just gloss over the firmware updates by simply saying to click on the firmware update on the dji go 4 app homepage, download and install which doesn't help the problem at all. Thanks for the help.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

I do not recommend updating. There are many problems with it. It can also ruin the wifi connection of the remote control.
Search for "RC wifi" here in the forum.
If everything works well then what are you updating?
2018-8-29
Use props
Hiker74
New

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-29 11:10
I do not recommend updating. There are many problems with it. It can also ruin the wifi connection of the remote control.
Search for "RC wifi" here in the forum.
If everything works well then what are you updating?

From everything I've heard and the little I've learned working towards a computer science degree says doing firmware updates is pretty important, especially for new things that may be very far behind.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Hiker74 Posted at 2018-8-29 11:17
From everything I've heard and the little I've learned working towards a computer science degree says doing firmware updates is pretty important, especially for new things that may be very far behind.

Nothing has changed, there is no newness for Spark. A DJI Go4 app. handled by all DJI drone, as more drone releases have been released (Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom) so the new Go app came.

The firmware update is the reason for refreshing the ban on blocking, flight limitations (NFZ) and against the breaking, the telemetry data encoding.
This has disrupted the adaptable capabilities, the range has decreased, the video transmission is broken, the video transmission is delayed, the video recording is delayed, etc.

Many have come back to using the old firmware.
You need to learn not only in computing, but also in the business world and in real life. What's newer, is it definitely better?

If you want to update afterwards, but I said ...
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly update the spark using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software using this link: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-8-31
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Take Jakab's advice, don't update for now.
Go  through the forum and you see numerous issues after updating.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules