Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller communication error - lost control for while.
2981 22 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squashpile
Second Officer
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Not sure what just happened. First flight and everything seemed fine. Up about 100 ft and got controller communication error on the phone screen. I immediately started bringing it down. Got down to about 6-7 feet and it just stopped. I had no idea what to do now. It was just hovering in place. Restarted app and same thing. After a few minutes of hovering I saw the RC display say connecting. The RC connected back and I was able to land it.

I don't think it was phone or app issue. It seemed like the RC just totally lost connection for a few minutes. If the RC had not reconnected I have no idea what I should have done next? Reboot the RC? Rain storm was moving in so I didn't want it to hover until battery died lol. I was worried if I restarted RC if might have flown off or something. The signal strength and vid feed seemed fine too. The logs seem weird like there is not much in it. It shows two flights. No errors on first because it disconnected and a second flight when it reconnected. The error I saw on the screen does not seem to appear in the Airdata log. Mavic and remote firmware updated to latest with Assistant. Homepoint was recorded. I think it was too close for any RTH. I think al the lights were blinking yellow on the Mavic.

Scared the crap out me. Scared to try again for now. Anyone else seen this controller communication error?

2018-8-29
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antennas on the remote folded upward at a 90 degree angle? I think if the drone is DIRECTLY above you people in the past have had controller issues.
2018-8-29
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
United States

Flown this location over 70 times with the Air. Never had any issues like this. One reason I got this was better connection over Air. It was only around 130 feet away max. RC reconnected after about 4 minutes while the quad was so close I could reach up and touch it. I would think it would have reconnecteed if the 100 ft range was too much once it was down to around 6-7 feet away.
2018-8-29
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
United States

Updating firmware again on RC and Mavic. I really want to try to fly again. I guess what I need to know is what should I do if it happens again. I think the only thing I can do that I didn't do before was turn off the RC and back on. I was just afraid the thing would fly away or something.
I had AC disconnects on my Air, but never an RC disconnect. Man I was bummed out to have RC error and no control a few feet away.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry to hear about that. Just to clarify, may I know what's the make and model of your device? Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? Thank you.
2018-8-29
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3172890 ft

This has been happening frequently to me. Had a disconnect at about 2000’ range and a few as close as a 20’ hover in my back yard. M2 Zoom all updated on an S7 Edge with latest Android version.
2018-10-2
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer

This has been happening frequently to me. Had a disconnect at about 2000’ range and a few as close as a 20’ hover in my  yard. M2 Zoom all updated on an S7 Edge with latest Android version.
2018-10-2
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

Check you Radio Channel Quality you will find it in the AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN.  You should have  good signal I have been experiencing a POOR signal from the first day I bought my mavic 2 zoom.  
2018-10-2
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer
United States

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-2 18:54
Check you Radio Channel Quality you will find it in the AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN.  You should have  good signal I have been experiencing a POOR signal from the first day I bought my mavic 2 zoom.

Yeah I'm getting the Poor Signal Quality more often than not as well........
2018-10-3
Use props
K_Aalej
First Officer
Flight distance : 994085 ft
Spain

Same error here, it only happened to me once, it was close to the Homepoint, after flight about 2km.

I rebooted the RC and reconnected to the aircraft automatically.

The disconnection occurred at the time I used the 5D button to point to the ground with the camera to start landing.

Very scared.

2018-10-3
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-3 05:35
Yeah I'm getting the Poor Signal Quality more often than not as well........

Scary isn't it?  I had this happen to me to the point where it forced my Mavic to low battery level and it became unable to do a  RTH (actually it didn't take my commands for a manual RTH and it didn't initiate it's own RTH during signal loss and/or critical low bat condition).  None of this even showed up in my (final) log...unfortunately it crash/landed as a result and could not be recovered.  Unfortunately for me while I was desperately trying to control it during it's last few seconds of flight, apparently the Mavic was responding to these inputs (even though RC was "Connecting" and App was unresponsive) and since DJI noticed this in the log - I was fully responsible .  DJI did not admit there is any issue with either "Video pixellation", or defective GO4 app causing this or "Aircraft Disconnects" with the RC.  With your post and numerous others, it appears that there is also a serious issue related to Poor Signal Quality and I think this is causing the many RC Disconnects that people are experiencing.   

It would seem that progressive issues with poor code in GO4 app is causing Android phones (approved and not approved) to not be able to process communications related to Occusync - causing either (or all) issues related to a). Video Display (in phone only) b). Poor Signal Quality - leading to "Aircraft Disconnect".  BTW..if you should happen to lose your drone to (B) they will not support you b/c your log will likely show signal issue and you will be blamed for flying in a poor area...
2018-10-3
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-10-3 08:50
Scary isn't it?  I had this happen to me to the point where it forced my Mavic to low battery level and it became unable to do a  RTH (actually it didn't take my commands for a manual RTH and it didn't initiate it's own RTH during signal loss and/or critical low bat condition).  None of this even showed up in my (final) log...unfortunately it crash/landed as a result and could not be recovered.  Unfortunately for me while I was desperately trying to control it during it's last few seconds of flight, apparently the Mavic was responding to these inputs (even though RC was "Connecting" and App was unresponsive) and since DJI noticed this in the log - I was fully responsible  .  DJI did not admit there is any issue with either "Video pixellation", or defective GO4 app causing this or "Aircraft Disconnects" with the RC.  With your post and numerous others, it appears that there is also a serious issue related to Poor Signal Quality and I think this is causing the many RC Disconnects that people are experiencing.   

It would seem that progressive issues with poor code in GO4 app is causing Android phones (approved and not approved) to not be able to process communications related to Occusync - causing either (or all) issues related to a). Video Display (in phone only) b). Poor Signal Quality - leading to "Aircraft Disconnect".  BTW..if you should happen to lose your drone to (B) they will not support you b/c your log will likely show signal issue and you will be blamed for flying in a poor area...

This is inconclusive for now until I can test some more but today, I flew safe within a 150’x150’ boundary in my back yard, altitude no greater than 8’. I’m afraid to go further than that with this issue.  
2018-10-3
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-3 17:13
This is inconclusive for now until I can test some more but today, I flew safe within a 150’x150’ boundary in my back yard, altitude no greater than 8’. I’m afraid to go further than that with this issue.

Flew with RC only, ditched the phone and Go4 and had no problems........
2018-10-3
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

K_Aalej Posted at 2018-10-3 08:49
Same error here, it only happened to me once, it was close to the Homepoint, after flight about 2km.

I rebooted the RC and reconnected to the aircraft automatically.

Not a good idea to reboot the RC!!
2018-10-3
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Captain
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

If the RC had not reconnected I would reboot the RC, just like you said! It's happened to me a couple of times while flying my spark. By turning off the RC you force the RTH procedure, you can cancel the RTH and regain control as soon as the RC reconnects.
I had a completely blackout, where the app broke down and the controller disconnected all at once. The drone came back and hovered in front of me until I regain control.   
2018-10-3
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-3 17:15
Flew with RC only, ditched the phone and Go4 and had no problems........

The only good about this crappy QC issue is that it forces you to practice emergency procedures over and over again- something most people do not.  Practice turning off/restarting your app in flight; practice rebooting phone and app; practice restarting RC during flight; switch apps to Litchi and back/forth; practice flying out to a random spot at a safe altitude (or get a friend to fly it to some location while you are not watching...) then return home via RC only.  Practice makes perfect as they say and this way when your Mavic/MA etc goes haywire, at least you don't immediately panic .  My personal thing is to always plan to be landed with 30 % battery...oh and I always carry in my flight bag and extra phone (cheap old iPhone).
2018-10-3
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 16:21
Hi, sorry to hear about that. Just to clarify, may I know what's the make and model of your device? Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? Thank you.

DJI NATALIA,  Its not any device................ so stop asking,  

DJI WAKE UP  ........WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM HERE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP.

POSSIBLY A RE-CALL ON ALL MAVIC  2 DRONES
2018-10-3
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer
United States

Well my original post got truncated for some reason…..
So I’ve had my M2 Zoom for 6 days now, made 22 flights with it and have had 8 RC Connection Error disconnects so far. Problem seems to get more frequent the more I try to fly as I’m averaging about 2 disconnect errors per battery now.  I’m flying in routine safe areas where I’ve never had a lick of trouble flying my Spark.
Yesterday I kept it within a 150’ by 150’ box in my back yard, altitude no greater than 10’.  I’m afraid to go any further than that. On my 1st battery I got 2 minutes of flight time before it disconnected and fail safe RTH landed immediately there on my lawn.  Took back off immediately after rebooting everything, this time I got 13 minutes before it disconnected and landed.  So I ditched the phone and Go4 app and flew the remaining battery out to 20% with only the RC and had a “normal” ending to the flight.  Went right to a fresh battery and flew it from 100% down to 20% with RC only and no disconnect, normal landing. That’s the 1st battery in 4 days that I’ve been able to fly completely down without a disconnect interruption.  I’m planning on running through as many batteries as I can later today using RC only to see if it disconnects.
2018-10-4
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer

Well I've run through 9 straight batteries with not a single RC disconnect error since moving to the lower USB-A port on the RC..............fingers are still crossed........
2018-10-6
Use props
rickcang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 467169 ft
Italy

Did someone knows if this issue has been resolved? I have the same issue on a M2 just purchase. Please advise. thanks
2018-10-27
Use props
zappy54
First Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

So this disconnecting  seem to be more go 4 app ?
2018-10-27
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
United States

zappy54 Posted at 2018-10-27 14:17
So this disconnecting  seem to be more go 4 app ?

This is RC to M2P connection. Not an app issue.
2018-10-27
Use props
RichEmel
lvl.1
Finland

Hello folks. This has happened to me too several times. Total panic especially as I m often flying over water. I have used both an old I phone 6 without problems (though it processor is too weak to process 4K movies) and android Galaxy S8. It has never happened when using I phone. Somewhere I found that it could be an error caused by a corrupted sd-card or the ...ty cable between the phone and RC or a update issue.
Good luck... don´t panic / fly safe
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules