Lost Connection
641 11 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, took the drone up yesterday, on my second run I used sports mode from take off and as I haven't used sports mode before in real time. it was great, "max speed 67kms" Nice. At the off my play around with my MPP and flight was at the beach / Sea / Ocean the drone disconnected from controller. At this time I was about 300 meters inland. all the controller was saying "trying to connect" , Me just pushing the "RTH" button , then on the RC display I see movement in how many meter the drone was away from me. drone landed all good.

My Question is What does the drone do if it losses connection with the controller in flight, e.g. does it just stop  or it keeps going on its flight path that it was heading at the time or does it just "RTH"  regards Alex

p.s.  have footage coming of near miss with tree before it stopped and RTH.  So close :-)
2018-8-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This is exactly what you have to determine in the DJI GO 4 settings (standard setting is RTH I would believe for MP too, but I have only Air and will have M2P). You have three options there: RTH, Hover or Land. In most cases RTH is probably the safest option, but you have the choice if needed.
2018-8-29
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

By default the drone returns home when it loses connection with RC.

FLy Safe.
Alex.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. If the RC will be disconnected to the AC then the aircraft will locate the home point as long as the GPS and compass signal is working. I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and avoid hazardous environment to prevent incident as well as the interruption. Please see the image below for your reference.

2018-8-29
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks DJI Tony , good to know  cheers Alex
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Altech Posted at 2018-8-29 17:46
Thanks DJI Tony , good to know  cheers Alex

Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our help. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
Altech
lvl.4

Well here's the Very close and near end to my drone .

2018-8-31
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Lottery Ticket TIME!!!!

Glad she didn't eat a tree!     

Randy
2018-8-31
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Flying that low through that tree cover is most likely the reason for the disconnection in the first place.
You were very lucky to not loose the drone.
2018-8-31
Use props
Altech
lvl.4

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-31 15:39
Flying that low through that tree cover is most likely the reason for the disconnection in the first place.
You were very lucky to not loose the drone.

Hi Hellsgate , Take off point was at sea level , First time in Sports mode , Trees on hill and tall trees at that. lost connection from RC and no vision , Flying blind and as DJI Tony has said drone will "RTH " when connection is lost. long as there's good GPS signal  cheers Alex   and I was lucky :-)
2018-8-31
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Altech Posted at 2018-8-31 18:21
Hi Hellsgate , Take off point was at sea level , First time in Sports mode , Trees on hill and tall trees at that. lost connection from RC and no vision , Flying blind and as DJI Tony has said drone will "RTH " when connection is lost. long as there's good GPS signal  cheers Alex   and I was lucky :-)

If you want to fly in sports mode i recommend a much higher altitude for your first few flights
2018-8-31
Use props
Altech
lvl.4

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-31 18:38
If you want to fly in sports mode i recommend a much higher altitude for your first few flights

I was mostly flying at Sea as flight log shows

2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules