Frustrating issues
2168 15 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please help,
I purchased a Mavic Air the other day and I stupidly set up everything as a WiFi connection and it won’t let me use the remote to fly - only off my phone (iPhone 8plus)
Tonight I have downloaded the dji assistant 2 file and reset all settings back to default and re-downloaded all the updates
I previously only had a red light on my remote but now I have managed to get a green light but when I follow the steps for the wired connection it won’t let me past step 3 which is link with the aircraft, I have tried running through videos on YouTube with similar errors but to no avail.
Is there an update that needs to be done to the controller itself? If so how do I need to do that? If there is something that I haven’t done properly then please let me know.
I have followed all the correct steps but linking the remote controller to the drone is highly frustrating, even with the green light I get no resoonse. The drone flashes green at the rear but still has the constant red lights at the front. I have double, triple and quadruple checked the connection from the remote to my phone and everything is in order.
The drone flies via WiFi, but simply controlling it with my phone, I want to be able to use all the benefits but I am really struggling

Please help!!

Andrew
CE8AF45B-6494-4BA5-A6E2-E32FE8DCD195.png
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to perform restore factory default using DJI Assistant 2? After that please refresh your firmware and try to update again. Once done, please re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Thank you.

2018-8-29
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Yes, it’ not easy for new pilot to activate and set up DJI drone on the first time. They should make it more simple.
2018-8-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

If all the generic answers don,t work, if you can not connect and you have done everything, absolutely everything, i would suggest sending the drone back to DJI. I had to in the end, still waiting for it to be fixed.
I did manage to link it after a few weeks, but the video lag, freezes ets made it impossible to fly with.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 15:30
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to perform restore factory default using DJI Assistant 2? After that please refresh your firmware and try to update again. Once done, please re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Hi,
I have managed to update the drone itself but when i insert the added connection into the other end of the usb it doesnt work properly, it recognises the usb but then keeps going on and off, it isnt an issue with the usb as it has just worked fine with the drone

Could you send me out a replacement?

Many thanks

Andrew
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jigaaa Posted at 2018-8-31 11:34
Hi,
I have managed to update the drone itself but when i insert the added connection into the other end of the usb it doesnt work properly, it recognises the usb but then keeps going on and off, it isnt an issue with the usb as it has just worked fine with the drone

Hi, I just wan to clarify, are we talking about the USB connector from the RC?
2018-8-31
Use props
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 11:42
Hi, I just wan to clarify, are we talking about the USB connector from the RC?

Hi Natalia,
The usb to the drone is fine but it’s the little extra connection part which is about an inch long that when I plug that into my laptop it recognises the connection but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I have tried different USB ports and it’s still the same problem. It’s strange because it worked perfectly when I updated the drone
Thanks
Andrew
2018-8-31
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

Jigaaa Posted at 2018-8-31 11:49
Hi Natalia,
The usb to the drone is fine but it’s the little extra connection part which is about an inch long that when I plug that into my laptop it recognises the connection but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I have tried different USB ports and it’s still the same problem. It’s strange because it worked perfectly when I updated the drone
Thanks

When you conect the little adapter to the RC, be sure the logo (DJI) is facing up or you can have bad conection and destroy the RC contact.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Natalia,
Thanks

Hi, please make sure to turn on the drone once it's connected to your laptop. Thanks.
2018-8-31
Use props
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 16:02
Hi, please make sure to turn on the drone once it's connected to your laptop. Thanks.

Hi,
Yes I have done everything as per the video link you sent me and to no avail
Thanks
2018-9-1
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Jigaaa Posted at 2018-8-31 11:34
Hi,
I have managed to update the drone itself but when i insert the added connection into the other end of the usb it doesnt work properly, it recognises the usb but then keeps going on and off, it isnt an issue with the usb as it has just worked fine with the drone

Andrew,

I had very similar issues when I first started... Very frustrating and I wanted to throw in bin.... I did some basic fault finding and came to the conclusion the cable I was using was faulty... And guess what, it was, have had no problem since.

Just to be clear my original phone (Oppo) had the connector upside down so I could not use the DJI cable supplied, hence why I used one on my own... It took a lot of false starts and frustration before I figured it out...

Good luck and let us know if you find a fix.
2018-9-1
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hi Natalia,
Thanks

Andrew read below. Forget that connector and use the bigger one under the controller, just under where your phone sits in.

The cable is setup is dreadful...
2018-9-1
Use props
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-9-1 02:35
Andrew read below. Forget that connector and use the bigger one under the controller, just under where your phone sits in.

The cable is setup is dreadful...

Hi atlas,

Do you mean go usb to usb? I will go out and buy one today if so.
I feel like it’s like buying a new car, the dealer giving you the keys and then telling you that all you need to do it put tyres on.

Thanks
2018-9-1
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Jigaaa Posted at 2018-9-1 03:17
Hi atlas,

Do you mean go usb to usb? I will go out and buy one today if so.

Hey mate,

Yes. The micro USB from the controller to the BIG USB port under where your phone is held in the controller.

Can't recall the last time I had a cable failure, and go figure it had to happen with my new 'toy'

Hope this fixes it for you
2018-9-1
Use props
Sunset Gigolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6339 ft
United States

the DJI ASST. drivers don't work with windows 8.1 so you can't connect with the DJI  Assistant , i'm in the same boat your in I have had problem after problem , i'm at the point where i just want to get my money back and invest it on a drone that works , I also program computers for a living and i'm well aware of BUGS in devices but nothing as bad as my MA Air ....... another Dissatisfied customer seems like i'm reading one right after another of people who are dissatisfied with this DRONE , if you are one of the few people who has one that actually works  just concider yourself LUCKY
2018-9-1
Use props
Jigaaa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 16:02
Hi, please make sure to turn on the drone once it's connected to your laptop. Thanks.

Hi Natalia,

Are you able to send me out a replacement cable or connection? I have tried numerous times and numerous options and it still isnt connecting

Thanks
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules