Apple or Android
923 5 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fxLdpWIUqPSJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46135 ft
United States

I am looking at getting a 7" tablet to use with my DJI go 4 because I discovered DJI go 4 does not support the older Ipads.  Is there any reason to stay with an Apple iPad or would a Samsung work just as well?
2018-8-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some Samsung mobile devices work just as well. You can find a list of commonly used phones and tablets here.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. You can check as well our recommended devices that were tested with our engineers. Please see the image below.

2018-8-30
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

I've been going through this myself. I have a Nexus 7 2013, Apple iPhone 6, Samsung S8, and Apple iPad Air 2. I was very surprised how poorly the iPad Air 2 handled Go4.  Granted just one test.  I'm going to test some more, but it really gave me pause about using an iPad Mini 4 which has a weaker proccessor.  Nexus 7 2013 running Lineage OS 14.1 and using 4.2.16 works great.  Even in sport mode video seems fluid most of the time.  
I've been looking at the Galaxy Tad S2 8 inch as well. Fact of the matter is the small 7 or 8 inch tablet market is dead.  So there's not much to choose from other than an iPad Mini 4 or Samsung tablet. Asus makes some but they've had mixed reviews with Go4. If it were me I'd go with the S2, and put Lineage OS on it. Smaller footprint and no bloat.
2018-8-30
Use props
Dave Williams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46135 ft
United States

Any pressing reason to get a device with cellular, or is without cellular good enough?  Thanks for the link of devices, interesting the go 4 is very limited on device compatibility.
2018-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Dave Williams Posted at 2018-8-31 06:31
Any pressing reason to get a device with cellular, or is without cellular good enough?  Thanks for the link of devices, interesting the go 4 is very limited on device compatibility.

Apple devices that lack cellular radios also lack GPS chips, so any feature that relies on Go 4 GPS won't work, like Follow Me or Dynamic Home Points. You'll also lose the ability to self-authorize in the field or use maps if you have no data connection, but some get around that by tethering their pads to their phones.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules