6201 20 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack Redditch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172001 ft
United States

Hey there,

Just recieved my mavic 2 pro, however, to my shock, the remote charging cable on the AC adapter is a standard micro usc, and the port on the side of my remote seems to be a rectangular version of a micro usb port.  There is no adapter in the box other than the USB C to standard Micro USB adapter.  Am I missing something?

Mavic Charger.JPG
2018-8-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

If you look on the side of the controller, it’s rectangular.  It will fit (one way)..
2018-8-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Check all your boxes..there is a small adapter that is there..check the box that has the extra phone cable adapters
2018-8-29
Use props
Jack Redditch
lvl.1
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-29 18:07
If you look on the side of the controller, it’s rectangular.  It will fit (one way)..

The cable coming off of the charger is standard micro USB, and it won't fit in the remote, because the remote port is the rectangular version.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jack Redditch
lvl.1
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-29 18:07
If you look on the side of the controller, it’s rectangular.  It will fit (one way)..

The cable coming off of the charger is standard micro USB, and it won't fit in the remote, because the remote port is the rectangular version.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jack Redditch
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-29 18:08
Check all your boxes..there is a small adapter that is there..check the box that has the extra phone cable adapters

Re-checked all of my boxes multiple times, definitely no adapter, possibly an accident when it was being packaged in the factory?
2018-8-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The cable on the side of the battery charger will fit into the port on the left side of the remote controller. Just make sure you insert it properly since it only fits one way.
2018-8-29
Use props
Jack Redditch
lvl.1
United States

I'm an idiot, it indeed fits despite the different shape.  Thanks for tolerating me guys.  
2018-8-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Jack Redditch Posted at 2018-8-29 18:29
I'm an idiot, it indeed fits despite the different shape.  Thanks for tolerating me guys.

Well that’s weird...because mine has an adapter you connect to the charging cable...it’s just the same as my Mavic Air....
2018-8-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-29 18:45
Well that’s weird...because mine has an adapter you connect to the charging cable...it’s just the same as my Mavic Air....

You only need to use that adapter when using the included USB Type-C cable. The cable attached to the battery charger is a Micro USB cable.
2018-8-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-8-29 18:50
You only need to use that adapter when using the included USB Type-C cable. The cable attached to the battery charger is a Micro USB cable.

Well....now ain’t that interesting.....I had a plastic cover over the charger and didn’t even notice that cable...thanks for that heads up..
2018-8-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-29 19:33
Well....now ain’t that interesting.....I had a plastic cover over the charger and didn’t even notice that cable...thanks for that heads up..

DJI... always raising that bar...
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out, Regarding your question and for clarification even the port is retangular actually the micro USB will still fit perfectly.
2018-8-30
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So they changed the drone usb to a C type connector for updating via assistant and provided a cable, but no usb to micro for connecting the remote for updating via assistant. No problem for me, but Apple users may not have a micro usb cable to connect the remote to their pc, just an observation.
2018-8-30
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

It fits fine.  It just is shaped a little odd.  It only goes in one way and you shouldn't have to force it.
2018-8-30
Use props
Helipilotmike
lvl.1

United States

Just had the same problem.  I used the small "USB adapter that came in the box.  Attached to the end of the USB cable.  Made sure the thin side was correct and put a diagonal peg in a retangular hole.  After searching the internet for an hour, I found this page.  THX

m
2018-9-14
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a mystery why the controller couldn't also be made USB C
I have seen a few of the mini-usb ports wrecked by forcing a plug in upside down - due to the unconventional surround, which doesn't guard you from doing it.
We've all almost done it in poor light or if a bit tired.
It's a good plan to mark your USB cable so you can easily see which way is up.
In fact I do it to all of them now.
2018-9-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 2018-9-16 08:27
It's a mystery why the controller couldn't also be made USB C
I have seen a few of the mini-usb ports wrecked by forcing a plug in upside down - due to the unconventional surround, which doesn't guard you from doing it.
We've all almost done it in poor light or if a bit tired.

Or you could buy a reversible cable like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EV1LEIA
2018-9-16
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Sloppy build.

Old technology, to lazy to bother to upgrade it.. probably got a lot to get rid of.....
2018-9-16
Use props
Helipilotmike
lvl.1

United States

Okay after two hours of internet I found a video.  It showed a cord coming out of the side of the charger. (mine charger was still nicely wrapped in plastic.) I cut the plastic off the charger and the cord is now free.   It fits the charging port on the controller.  There is also the adapter that fits the end of the USB cord.  To bad it is not explained in the material that comes with the drone.  

Anyway problem solved!

2018-9-18
Use props
djiuser_ocah3Ps5BRRE
New

United States

Jack Redditch Posted at 2018-8-29 18:29

I had the same exact problem. I didn’t think there was any way to plug the standard micro make end into the rectangular port. Your post was VERY helpful. Thank you!!
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules