6992 29 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Florian75
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hi there,
I have been trying for the past hours to link my RE Goggles to my new Mavic 2. Nothing happens. I press the linking button bottom right on the aircraft and it goes RED and disconnects the controller.
But the RE Goggles never link.

I later downloaded the Assistant 2 app and when I connect them via the same USB where I charge the Goggles nothing happens. To make sure the App was working in general I connected the Mavic 2 Pro and I did see the drone.

Have no idea what else I can do. Anybody any idea?
2018-8-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to the DJI store (https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2?vid=45251), Goggles RE isn't supported until a new firmware update is released.  

"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."
2018-8-29
Use props
Florian75
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-29 19:14
According to the DJI store (https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2?vid=45251), Goggles RE isn't supported until a new firmware update is released.  

"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."

Hey man,

thanks so much for this quick reply. Boy I could have saved myself a lot of time. I was going crazy trying to understand what I was doing wrong. They say online you can do it through the drone etc. and it is not written in very many places that it is not possible at the time.

Thank you!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Florian75, sorry for the late response. The latest firmware of Goggles RE has been released, please kindly visit this link and update the firmware to v 01.00.0600 to check: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163227-1-1.html

As for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the product page and check later. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-29 19:14

"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."

Hi KlooGee, thanks so much for heading up. This has been forwarded to the right team to check and revise. We appreciate your feedback.
2018-8-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 00:40
Hi Florian75, sorry for the late response. The latest firmware of Goggles RE has been released, please kindly visit this link and update the firmware to v 01.00.0600 to check: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163227-1-1.html

As for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the Mavic 2 page and check later. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!

Hi Susan...I’m getting conflicting stories....is there a standard goggle version available now? Thanks
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-30 06:22
Hi Susan...I’m getting conflicting stories....is there a standard goggle version available now? Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. The DJI Goggles white is not yet optimized with our DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please pay attention to our website for further updates.
2018-8-30
Use props
Florian75
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

As for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the Mavic 2 page and check later. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!

Hello again,

I had downloaded the Assistant 2 yesterday, so I assume I have the latest version. In the lower corner it says V2.0.0 . If not please provide me with a different link if you have it.

When I connect the Goggles they do not show in the Assistant! So I cannot update the firmware of the Goggles.
2018-8-30
Use props
fans19a2b097
New
United States

Florian75 Posted at 2018-8-30 14:05
Hello again,

I had downloaded the Assistant 2 yesterday, so I assume I have the latest version. In the lower corner it says V2.0.0 . If not please provide me with a different link if you have it.

I have not been able to link either.   I have the lastest firmware on the RE Googles, it does show up in DJI Assistant and updated.  But I turn on the Mavic 2 and it's controller, it's working fine, but then I follow the steps in the goggles to link, press the link button on the side of the Mavice 2, light turns red, fans speed up, controller disconnects, and I get a 1 minute countdown in the Goggles, and it times out every time.  I can't seem to get anywhere either.
2018-8-30
Use props
fans19a2b097
New
United States

fans19a2b097 Posted at 2018-8-30 16:11
I have not been able to link either.   I have the lastest firmware on the RE Googles, it does show up in DJI Assistant and updated.  But I turn on the Mavic 2 and it's controller, it's working fine, but then I follow the steps in the goggles to link, press the link button on the side of the Mavice 2, light turns red, fans speed up, controller disconnects, and I get a 1 minute countdown in the Goggles, and it times out every time.  I can't seem to get anywhere either.

Well, I spoke a few minutes too soon.   I rebooted everything (mavic 2, controller and goggles RE).  The "wizard" that I have been using to link was gone, and was just normal screen.  I then used setup to do the linking, and "Mavic II" now appears in the UI (it was not there in the "wizard" link screen) and it linked as it should have when I went thru the normal steps from there.   No idea what mode the goggles were in, or if it just needed another reboot after the firmware update.  But can confirm it works.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Florian75 Posted at 2018-8-30 14:05
Hello again,

Do you log in your DJI account on the DJI Assistant 2? Make sure the internet is solid to check. If the issue remains, please kindly offer your DJI Account and the screenshot, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans19a2b097 Posted at 2018-8-30 16:31
Well, I spoke a few minutes too soon.   I rebooted everything (mavic 2, controller and goggles RE).  The "wizard" that I have been using to link was gone, and was just normal screen.  I then used setup to do the linking, and "Mavic II" now appears in the UI (it was not there in the "wizard" link screen) and it linked as it should have when I went thru the normal steps from there.   No idea what mode the goggles were in, or if it just needed another reboot after the firmware update.  But can confirm it works.

Sir, may I know what's the current status now? Could the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 work well?
2018-8-31
Use props
byhead
lvl.3
United States

Mavic 2 pro = use assistant 2  v2.0 for Upgrade.
Googles RE = use asssistant 2 v1.2.4 for UG.  .0600
2018-9-20
Use props
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the product page and check later. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!

Susan hi.

We also are having massive problems with this google re issue not being recognised by the latest version

I spoke with charles in hk and he said that there is a software issue of compatibility that DJI are yet to fix and dont know when the fixed and upgraded versions are ready . That is from your head office

why do we have to messed around so much when you clearly have an issue ?
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mickey t Posted at 2018-9-21 04:55
Susan hi.

We also are having massive problems with this google re issue not being recognised by the latest version

Hi Mickey, may I have more details of the massive issues do you refer? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Also, how do you contact our support? By phone, email or online chat? Please kindly provide us with your phone number/email address when you contacted to our support, we'll forward to the designated team for investigation, thanks so much!
2018-9-22
Use props
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-22 00:35
Hi Mickey, may I have more details of the massive issues do you refer? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Also, how do you contact our support? By phone, email or online chat? Please kindly provide us with your phone number/email address when you contacted to our support, we'll forward to the designated team for investigation, thanks so much!

susan hi

please liaise for Charles your support manager in hong kong

he has stated that there is an issue of compatibility with the mav pro 2 to the goggles re and they working on a fix but dont know when ,so we are left with an expensive item not working!

some people do find they work but many dont . We contact support by email and phone for charles

Id like to know please when dji will fix this issue please

we are uptodate on the software and the dji assistant .It just doesnt recognised the goggles .It recognises the mavi 2 .

please let me know what to do or when the fix is made for another upgrade .

best

mike

2018-9-22
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-22 00:35

Also, how do you contact our support? By phone, email or online chat? Please kindly provide us with your phone number/email address when you contacted to our support, we'll forward to the designated team for investigation, thanks so much!

Please add me to your list on this issue Susan…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Can you please either offer a step by step set of instructions on how to fix it, or let us know if this is indeed a known issue that will be addressed down the road with a firmware update by DJI.

Thanks
2018-9-22
Use props
Martin JH LEE
New
South Korea

fans19a2b097 Posted at 2018-8-30 16:11
I have not been able to link either.   I have the lastest firmware on the RE Googles, it does show up in DJI Assistant and updated.  But I turn on the Mavic 2 and it's controller, it's working fine, but then I follow the steps in the goggles to link, press the link button on the side of the Mavice 2, light turns red, fans speed up, controller disconnects, and I get a 1 minute countdown in the Goggles, and it times out every time.  I can't seem to get anywhere either.

Just the same to me. I have the exactly same problem!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mickey t Posted at 2018-9-22 04:15
susan hi

please liaise for Charles your support manager in hong kong

Hi Mike, sorry for the late response. May I have your phone number/email address when you contacted our support? I have checked the PM, but it seems that there is no such info... We'd like to check and investigate the exact status.

For the recognized issue, there are DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.0, and Goggles uses DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4. Make sure you are plugged the right one to check.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-22 12:52
Please add me to your list on this issue Susan…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Mavical, just to verify, do you mount the antennas when connecting with the Goggles RE? If not, please mount it and change to another open filed to check whether the issue remains.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Martin JH LEE Posted at 2018-9-24 15:40
Just the same to me. I have the exactly same problem!

Hi Martin, may I have a short video of your operation? Please also include the aircraft and Goggles firmware, we'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you out.
2018-9-24
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-24 23:51
Mavical, just to verify, do you mount the antennas when connecting with the Goggles RE? If not, please mount it and change to another open filed to check whether the issue remains.

Yes Susan, I have tried multiple open field locations and I am using the antenna .... the Goggles RE edition still disconnects from the Mavic 2 Pro after barley a few hundred feet away

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Mavic 2 Pro
- Application version: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2 / Firmware: V01.00.0000

DJI Goggles RE
- DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 / Firmware: V01.00.0600

Can you please officially tell the growing group of us here if this is a known issue and that DJI is working in it… or if we should return our Goggles for replacements? Please advise.

Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-26 17:13
Yes Susan, I have tried multiple open field locations and I am using the antenna .... the Goggles RE edition still disconnects from the Mavic 2 Pro after barley a few hundred feet away

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Thanks for getting back to us. All info will be forwarded to our engineers to check whether this can be reproduced at our end. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-9-27
Use props
fans52910cac
lvl.1

United States

Following this thread
2018-9-27
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

following thread ... interested in the outcome, as it's annoying me greatly.
2018-10-4
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-24 23:51

Hi Susan, Are we meant to mount the antenna to the Goggle RE?
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-4 18:48
Hi Susan, Are we meant to mount the antenna to the Goggle RE?

Hi UNsyncED, if you fly the Mavic 2 with the Goggles RE, it is recommended to mount antennas before the flight. If you encounter any difficulties during the flight, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_tbXSMbaZYh7S
New

Have u guys been able to connect now? I tried conecting Mavic 2 and Goggles RE tonight but no luck. Firmware: V01.00.0700 for Goggles.
2019-9-18
Use props
KillinMe Smallz
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

I am having the same problem as mentioned above. I pair my drone (Mavic 2 Pro) to the controller, via DJI GO 4 app and then the DJI goggles just count down from 60 to zero without connecting to the drone. I made sure to press the linking button on the drone prior to the linking attempt through the goggles, but it just disconnects the controller and never connects the headset. I have tried to ensure that I have the latest firmware on both the drone and the goggles. Any suggestions?
2021-2-26
Use props
vilicia164
lvl.1

Maldives

I have read through all the posts here and reached the last post which was apparently made a long time ago. Today is 26th. of September 2021 and I am having the issue discussed here which is (even with the latest firmware on the Maic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles RE), I am unable to link the goggles to the drone. I am wondering why a solution to the problem has been discussed after so many posts above. What am I missing here? Please help me understand.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules