Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - sluggish
6796 33 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I've been using this tablet sucessfully for a few day with my P3P, but lately it has become sluggish. Not just the video, but the buttons too. Rebooting solves the problem for a little bit, but it comes back.

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the storage of video on the device, but not sure.

DJI support just says that it isn't one of the recomened devices so they can't help.

Any ideas why?

2015-5-28
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They have a very limited list of "supported devices" for Android and I would think its a factor in how long it takes them to get an app made/released. Could try making sure no other processes or apps are running.. Dont have acces to a Tab 10.5 to tets sorry..

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying

2015-5-29
Use props
yvesvn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840879 ft
Belgium

Back to factory settings and USB debug ON
2015-5-29
Use props
rlane
lvl.1

United States

I'm also experiencing the same thing with my brand new P3P (choppy video during PFV flight - dropping frames).  I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 running Android v5.0.2    I have USB debug enabled, WiFi disabled.  It runs smoothly for only a minute or two then the chop begins.  If I make any modifications in the Pilot app (e.g. Take a photo, switch to Map view from Camera view...)  the frames start dropping and I even had the app lock up entirely.  The Galaxy S log reported that the Pilot app had used up to much memory...  Like a memory leak or something.  Looks like I'm going to have to continue flying my P2V+ until DJI can resolve the Galaxy Tab S software compatibility issue.
2015-5-30
Use props
petter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663179 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same problem here...
Completely restored my Tab S 10.5, eliminated all unnecessary apps -> no changes; the Tab S completely freezes after 13 minutes flight
Readed on Facebook that it could be a problem of the app. running only on 4 cores instead of the 8 available...
Hope DJI come up with a new release of the app asap (note only IOS...)
It's a chame... Trusting only LOS flight now   
2015-5-30
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

I have the Tab S 8.4 and didn't notice any of these symptoms until I upgraded to 5.0.2 lollipop. With kit-kat 4.4.1 was smooth and no lag on the buttons. Only on really fast yawing would the video stutter a little on fpv. Bought this tab instead of a new iPad mini because of all the disconnect issues with it. I'm going to try to go back to kit-kat and see if it clears up the sluggishness.
2015-5-31
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

I have a Tab S 8.4 and happens same thing to me.. Its horrible!! Jeez!

Hope DJI fix it very soon. If I knew it was just a processor problem, I would overclock but I am no sure if it just that...
2015-5-31
Use props
bank09
lvl.1

Thailand

I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But when outdoor the video is jerky.

Please take a look at the video clip and watch gps signal meter.
When p3 acquires satellites The Video live feed will begin to jerk
but when no satellite The video live feed is smooth.

My device is sony z3

Dji phantom 3 video live feed testing:
2015-5-31
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

petter Posted at 2015-5-31 15:34
Same problem here...
Completely restored my Tab S 10.5, eliminated all unnecessary apps -> no change ...

I have the Tab S 8.4 (SM-T705 Exynos Octa Core 5420) and I'm having same problems. I trie to restore and than to update to Lollipop, no way... It starts good (only little lags) but after a few minutes it becames unusable till it freezes!
I think hardware is fast enough, but DJI Pilot for Androi has some problems... please DJI get rid!
I tried several apple device with no issues :-(
Thank you
2015-6-1
Use props
angelballes1989
lvl.2

Spain

Also it happens to me after upgrading to firmware 1.1.9 !!!!!
2015-6-1
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

bank09 Posted at 2015-6-1 08:28
I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But ...

Now this is very interesting, this is the second report i read today where the GPS has a negative impact on the video feed  ......!

The other guy flying indoors with no GPS working fine, but not outside on gps...

I not sure what gps gas to do with video feed but ?
2015-6-1
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

bank09 Posted at 2015-6-1 08:28
I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But ...

Well guys... When i read this post about suggish display in GPS mode and ok in Non -GPS modes.... I went "Really ???"

Nar no way...

But i thought I'd test this out for myself....

and bugger me dead.... its true.... OMG...

setup a online stop watch in front of PH3A camera

Turned it all on... And sure as eggs.... stop watch on tablet display fine in non GPS mode and very very noticable delays in GPS mode....

I'll try and get some videos up tonight...

But test it for your self....

DJI any comments?

Thxs

Regs Chris

2015-6-1
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

chrisclaydon, that's right.. Something to do with GPS signal. We are discussing this too at http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html

alessio.pac, I was thinking in update to Lolipop (because I have kitkat still) but I just realized with your post that it will be the same :/
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

ok here's the videos...

Non GPS mode...

GPS mode on....

u can clearly see the time jump around a lot...
2015-6-2
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

Doesnt seem to be just the fpv. Yesterday, the lag was so bad I thought I would use the google map to help determine orientation and it lags just as bad. The paper airplane icon is as sluggish on turns as the fpv video. Seriously, I bought the galaxy tab s just for flying this thing. Looks like iPad mini 2 or 3 would have been the better purchase after all. Calling Amazon to see if they'll let me swap. Probably have to trade in and lose $100 or more. Awesome!
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

the TAB S screen walks all over the iPad mate..... u sure u want to give up so soon... ??
2015-6-2
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-6-2 18:30
the TAB S screen walks all over the iPad mate..... u sure u want to give up so soon... ??

yeah, except for the superior retina display and the lack of "sluggishness", you're right
2015-6-2
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, I love my Galaxy Tab S, but I might have to get an iPad mini 2 just for the P3P. I worry is that the same thing might be occurring with it too. Would be nice if DJI could address this issue soon as it is occurring even with devices they claim are supported (Galaxy S 5)
2015-6-2
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

At 4 or 5 minutes the LAG is horrible.   {:3_58:}

DJI must quickly solve this great problem.  {:3_42:}

2015-6-2
Use props
petter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

I want to fly !
Time is becoming long since everybody is claiming that the 1.1.0 release have a problem...

The question now is...
Give my money to DJI to buy some extra batteries, or
Buy an iPad ...

Come on DJI, be so kind to give us a little information...
2015-6-2
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

I started having problems with the firmware update 1.1.9, not before. Also at 10 minutes, the application is frozen shut. We are many and DJI does nothing.

Dji must:
A) Go back to the previous firmware 1.1.8
B) Give us an update or beta to see if improvement

2015-6-2
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

I recommend everyone talk to tech support http://www.dji.com/support and file a complaint. The Product manager needs to know about this issue and prioritize it if we are going to get this resolved any time soon.
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

venturedrone Posted at 2015-6-3 04:37
I recommend everyone talk to tech support http://www.dji.com/support and file a complaint. The Produ ...

Call logged...

Did try on-line support last night... but no so helpful and got cut off in the end
2015-6-2
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
United States

Yes. I've had a hard time with their tech support, but both online and over the phone said they would log the information for their dev team.
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Just read in other thread that R and D looking into this probIem  
2015-6-2
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

After 1.1.9 firmware update?R&D already knew the issue.
They are trying to figure out whether it's firmware related.
2015-6-3
Use props
petter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-3 16:23
They are trying to figure out whether it's  ...

Hope to have rapidly some good news
Already happy to see that somebody is taking care
2015-6-3
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks Mate...
2015-6-3
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Hi Autumm,

Do u have any updates here for us please?

Thxs

Chris
2015-6-4
Use props
altrevedutedron
New

Italy

Hi guys

have you solved your problems with Samsung tab S ? I've just bought a P3P and need to buy the tablet in order to fly, I want to buy the Samsung tab S (I don't want to spend a lot of money in apple devices) but I need to know if all the problems you guys described in all this post have been solved. please let me know!! thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rlane@shadoweye Posted at 2015-5-31 13:14
I'm also experiencing the same thing with my brand new P3P (choppy video during PFV flight - droppin ...

Our devices are obviously related - I'm using a Galaxy S5 and having essentially the same problems/symptoms you're having.

I guess the name of the game is to squeeze us all over to Apple devices! I hate the thought of having to spend hundreds of more dollars and end up with a device I'll only use for my Phantom. Why didn't they just charge us some more money and put a screen on the controller?
2015-8-5
Use props
fans7901141b
lvl.1
Indonesia

Has this sloved?
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI_QA_sucks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645285 ft
United States

BUMPPPPPPP.

tried with galaxy tab a....such a piece of s*****.  drone almost flew away on me.  lost signal

galaxy tab s which has beefier hardware works a bit better, but still sluggish and loses connection way more than my note 5.
thing has 3gig of ram and dji go uses ~400mb - not sure why this app sucks so bad.

any recommendations on rooting + custom roms?
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules