o(^-^)o
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi together,

here in germany a lot of mavic PRO2 pilots have this back legs folding issue :

folding up back legs their motors nudges at the air housing at the end of folding

and it get stuck there and must be folded to the end with force
and then motor scratches at mavic housing which will effects scratch
at the paintwork of the body, and may be no good for motors.
Sorry for my bad english!

2018-8-29
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

It would be interesting if anybody else has this issue too.
2018-8-29
Use props
TimesWithJames
lvl.1

Hmmm, keep us informed. My Mavic Pro 2 is in the post...
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

On face book a few people have noticed that the legs are scratching the body of the drone.
Also there have been a few quiries about the prop mounts being flimsy  and prone to breakage.
2018-8-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-8-29
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

MA has no problem to fold. Must be M2.
2018-8-29
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

SORRY MY FAULT of CAUSE MAVIC PRO 2  !!!
2018-8-29
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

GDL Posted at 2018-8-29 23:09
MA has no problem to fold. Must be M2.

Jip, Mavic Air folds beautifully. No problems.
2018-8-29
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have no problems with my Mavic Pro 2 - folds just fine. (even here in Germany ;) )
2018-8-29
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

also mine have this not sure is normal

2018-8-30
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

i spoke with support on chat and this is the answer It's not actually a defect, Marco, it's just that the Mavic 2 was designed as that. But I understand what you are saying, and this will surely be forwarded to our engineers and developers.

2018-8-30
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

EMBE Posted at 2018-8-29 23:46
I have no problems with my Mavic Pro 2 - folds just fine. (even here in Germany ;) )

Ahhh, so you have the lemon, seeing as DJI said it was designed like that, then if yours is fine, you have a "broken" one......
2018-8-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

cicciopilota Posted at 2018-8-30 00:33
i spoke with support on chat and this is the answer It's not actually a defect, Marco, it's just that the Mavic 2 was designed as that. But I understand what you are saying, and this will surely be forwarded to our engineers and developers.

Ok,
but this answer ...do not settle for it,
it would not satisfy me, because motors scratches..no good can not be normal,
because a lot of pilots have not this issu!!!
2018-8-30
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Confirm. Have same issue.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to check if it is normal. I will notify you once I receive a response from them Thanks for your support.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

I have a response from our engineers and it is due to compact structure of the mavic 2, the gap between the aircraft's rear arms and aircraft's body is designed to be relatively, narrow, but it's within the tolerance range and meets the quality requirements. The Rubbing of the Aicraft's rear arms on the aicrafts body is not a quality issue. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble kindly check post 16#. If you have other concern, please let us know.
2018-8-30
Use props
Adam9997
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2548009 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same "issue". One way to avoid scratches is to hold the leg near the motor and very gently pull away from the body as you flip to open. 1mm is all it takes.
2018-8-30
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Latvia

Is it ok to bent little bit arms to outside so it is not stretching body with arms? I mean push to outside wile close arms. Otherwise after long period of using there will be stretches in body and arms.
2018-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

As you fold in the rear legs just a rental hold away from the body is all it takes. It just touches when its fully closed,

The body has protective stickers on it in that area when you unbox, I didn't see the reason until later. Not really an issue.
2018-8-30
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a bit too snug there me thinks. Would be pi$$$d if my new expensive toy got scratched through no action by myself.
2018-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I knew there was a reason I didn't put in my order along with the other people.  I think I will wait until this issue and others can be fix, but for now this is not the only issue I have read about the M2pro.
2018-8-30
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-30 02:55
I have a response from our engineers and it is due to compact structure of the mavic 2, the gap between the aircraft's rear arms and aircraft's body is designed to be relatively, narrow, but it's within the tolerance range and meets the quality requirements. The Rubbing of the Aicraft's rear arms on the aicrafts body is not a quality issue. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help.

How can it be "Not a quality issue". You don't get a new car that has an almost closing door......Just give it a shove and it's all fine. Not a good response for me and I don't even own the MP2.
2018-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-8-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-8-30 03:37
As you fold in the rear legs just a rental hold away from the body is all it takes. It just touches when its fully closed,

The body has protective stickers on it in that area when you unbox, I didn't see the reason until later. Not really an issue.

What protective stickers? Mine have no Protective stickers.
Send a Foto please!!!
And for 1450€ iIdo not WANT any scratches made by folding my M2pro!
Mavic Air works fine!!!
2018-8-30
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cut a couple of small pieces of clear, 3m screen protector material and placed it on th frame where the legs touch, works good.....
2018-8-30
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Latvia

It is for sure DJI design mistake. But not a big deal in the end. Just little bit bad feelings   
2018-8-30
Use props
Adam9997
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2548009 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andrejs Posted at 2018-8-30 03:15
Is it ok to bent little bit arms to outside so it is not stretching body with arms? I mean push to outside wile close arms. Otherwise after long period of using there will be stretches in body and arms.

There's enough flex in the leg so no problem.
2018-8-30
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is exactly what i noticed as well, but like some have mentioned it could be a design flaw and oversight for sure, yet it makes the arms more tight and secure for transport when folded .. so who knows what the engineers really mean. All in all, it is not a big issue as one can gently pull to the side when folding the arms in, it is a no issue when folding out to deploy.
2018-8-30
Use props
AntSpina90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13914 ft
United States

Adam9997 Posted at 2018-8-30 04:19
There's enough flex in the leg so no problem.

Yea mine rubs against the body as well, unless you pull away just a tad bit when folding.
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I have the same Mavic Pro EU version delivered today.
2018-8-30
Use props
RickC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine rub against the body as well. At first I thought something was wrong until I spoke with DJI and was told it's normal. I've folded and unfolded the thing so many times in just the few days I've had it and so far I haven't even noticed a single sing of any scuffing or anything at all. Even if it did it appears it would just be cosmetic in a spot that's almost not even visible anyway. I wouldn't really call it an issue as much as an annoyance.
2018-8-30
Use props
usere7cceb0bba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212749 ft

Here in California, I received mine today with the same problem.  DJI sent me the same form letter reply.

We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention and for letting us know about your concern. Due to the compact structure of the Mavic 2, the gap between the aircraft's rear arms and aircraft's body is designed to be relatively narrow, but it's within the tolerance range and meets the quality requirements. Please feel free to use.

2018-8-30
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Mine hits pretty hard up by the air intake. Actually will not close all the way on its own, you have to help it. Mine had protective clear stickers when it shipped. I don't see it as a major issue, but its hard to believe they didn't catch this and fix it.
2018-8-30
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

Wow, so much drama!

Mine also rubs a little. I didn't have a meltdown. I just pull them out a tiny bit before unfolding and re-folding and no marks have shown up.

If it bothers any of you then a small piece of scotch tape will protect the area from scratches... or you can buy some of the clear 3M protective film. Should be almost invisible.

This is the nature of a compact folding drone. Parts are going to touch. Get over it.
2018-8-30
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-29 23:17
Jip, Mavic Air folds beautifully. No problems.

jip?  nip?
2018-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How about the issue of the camera on the pro falling off?
2018-8-30
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

One camera... ONE.

How is that an issue? Did you not know that the Mavic Pro cameras are all glued as well? I've never heard of one of them falling off... mine never has.

Go fly your drone!
2018-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Novadesigns Posted at 2018-8-30 16:15
One camera... ONE.

How is that an issue? Did you not know that the Mavic Pro cameras are all glued as well? I've never heard of one of them falling off... mine never has.

It was a question not that im upset or anything, my M2pro should be coming in this week.  Take a chill pill little buddy
2018-8-30
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Jip, South African slang for yes..........
2018-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules