811 3 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lee5168
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610 ft
Australia

Hi folks,

(Mavic Pro....not a 2.... a few days old....all software up to date)

I apologise if you’ve seen this already posted but I’m a newbie and I can’t even see it on the Forum. And worse, I'm not young either. And even worse I’m totally unfamiliar with smart phones and android devices.

I’m an extremely competent Windows user and that’s helped but, boy, it's been a steep learning curve. I've found the Forums particularly useful and thank all of those people who contribute wisely to them.

I'm hoping you can help me on what I expect is a very, very simple question but one that, at my level of understanding, is totally beyond me.

Having had all sorts of grief getting out of beginner mode and calibrating etc (I do wish the manual was more instructive) I’ve succeeded in flying perfectly out of beginner mode, taking excellent video etc but my very cheap smart phone is not up to the task so I can’t see anything useful on the screen.

I’ve borrowed a tablet which might work (it's some sort of generic tab distributed by one of the telcos free with some deal here in Aus but the DGIGo 4 app loaded quickly and so I'm positive.

What I'd like to know is when I connect this new device to the remote will all the settings that I've achieved with a huge amount of stress and grief disappear or will the app pick them up from the remote or the mavic pro itself (which is what I'm hoping)?

Kind Regards

from Adelaide South Australia

Leigh

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Unfortunately, once the APP is  deleted, the files and the settings will be deleted permanently as well us the flight records. Just to clarify, may I know what exact settings you want to achieve for your drone? What is the exact model of you old device?
2018-8-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the settings are stored on the drone, remote controller, and/or batteries. The few settings that are stored on the mobile device will need to be set up again when switching to a different mobile device. It would be best to double check all of your settings the first time you start using a new mobile device.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

msinger Posted at 2018-8-30 06:37
Most of the settings are stored on the drone, remote controller, and/or batteries. The few settings that are stored on the mobile device will need to be set up again when switching to a different mobile device. It would be best to double check all of your settings the first time you start using a new mobile device.

Hi, Thanks for your additional informative help. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules