Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Crystal Sky does not work with Mavic Pro 2 !
12345Next >
8238 161 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
Captain
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well first problem to report and I have not even had mine delivered yet and after preparing everything today like updating the app etc I have found out that the DJI CrystalSky has not had an update to use the Mavic 2 - I contacted DJI and they confimred this was the case - not to happy to be honest this is their kit and should have been ready at launch

2018-8-30
Use props
GaryNash
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

£700 worth of premium DJI investment sat in a box until DJI pull there fingers out.  In the meantime I'll have to fly on a iphone... shocking !
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It will come. After release of Mavic Air it also took a little while but not very long.
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-30 03:03
£700 worth of premium DJI investment sat in a box until DJI pull there fingers out.  In the meantime I'll have to fly on a iphone... shocking !

I know it is not good really you would have thought they would prioritise their own equipment - I will have to use my S9 but I just dont like using it as it is a phone and can have other thigns going on in the backgorund that could effect the flying etc etc
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-30 03:09
It will come. After release of Mavic Air it also took a little while but not very long.

Thanks Wachberger - I know they will have it out but is is a poor show really - cheers for replying
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-30 03:51
Thanks Wachberger - I know they will have it out but is is a poor show really - cheers for replying

We are sitting in the same boat ;-) If I reacall it correctly, CrystalSky was updated about a week after I had received my Mavic Air.
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-30 03:55
We are sitting in the same boat ;-) If I reacall it correctly, CrystalSky was updated about a week after I had received my Mavic Air.

I think you are right it was about 8 days - I rememebr as the picture changed on the front of the app to the couple sat on top of the VW camper
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-30 03:57
I think you are right it was about 8 days - I rememebr as the picture changed on the front of the app to the couple sat on top of the VW camper

I like that picture :-) But let's hope they will provide the update soon!
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-30 04:03
I like that picture :-) But let's hope they will provide the update soon!

fingers crossed
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum.  As of the moment, CrystalSky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Pro. We will forward this to our R&D team for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-30 08:15
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum.  As of the moment, CrystalSky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Pro. We will forward this to our R&D team for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Hi Natalia - thanks for coming back to us as you can see their are a few people on here that need this and I know a few more we are dedicated users of your hardware and spend alot of our hard earned cash on your gear so any support in getting this arranged sooner would be great we look forward to hearing an update - cheers Hieth
2018-8-30
Use props
fans52e66fd8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5016693 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also waiting patiently for the CS mav2 update
2018-8-30
Use props
djiuser_drone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-30 08:15

I'm also waiting on the CrystalSky update for Mavic 2 Pro. I received my new MP2 today and haven't been able to activate the drone using CrystalSky. I refuse to fly using a smartphone or tablet.

2018-8-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I refuse to pay 700 dollars for a super bright screen that’s android powered, but I agree DJI should have had this ready considering it’s their kit.  Other then that though, it’s been a fantastic launch... so kudos DJI!
2018-8-30
Use props
fans66488b86
Second Officer
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today is day 8 since the release of the mavic 2. Would be nice to use my crystal sky this Labor Day Weekend
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_drone Posted at 2018-8-30 17:07
I'm also waiting on the CrystalSky update for Mavic 2 Pro. I received my new MP2 today and haven't been able to activate the drone using CrystalSky. I refuse to fly using a smartphone or tablet.

[view_image]

Totally agree - DHL are delivering mine today as well DJI please get your finger out and sort this for us - like you djiuser I refure to use a phone for mine as last time I did I had to reset everything for my Mavic Pro and Mavic Air - cheers H
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans66488b86 Posted at 2018-8-30 23:57
Today is day 8 since the release of the mavic 2. Would be nice to use my crystal sky this Labor Day Weekend

Hi Fans - I agree it would be nice to use it this weekend the weather is looking good as well and not long left for this years summer in the UK
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-8-30 17:25
I refuse to pay 700 dollars for a super bright screen that’s android powered, but I agree DJI should have had this ready considering it’s their kit.  Other then that though, it’s been a fantastic launch... so kudos DJI!

It was a resoanable launch and goof the delayed it if they did not have everything ready but still they should have made sure their own kit was ready - cheers H
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-30 08:27
Hi Natalia - thanks for coming back to us as you can see their are a few people on here that need this and I know a few more we are dedicated users of your hardware and spend alot of our hard earned cash on your gear so any support in getting this arranged sooner would be great we look forward to hearing an update - cheers Hieth

No worries! We will update you all once we have an update regarding on the compatibility of CrystalSky to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please stay tuned.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_drone Posted at 2018-8-30 17:07
I'm also waiting on the CrystalSky update for Mavic 2 Pro. I received my new MP2 today and haven't been able to activate the drone using CrystalSky. I refuse to fly using a smartphone or tablet.

[view_image]

Hi. I would suggest you use a mobile device to activate your drone while we are all waiting for the CrystalSky to work on Mavic 2 Pro. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-8-31
Use props
GaryNash
First Officer
United Kingdom

I do hope were talking days here, not weeks or months .....
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So do I Gary - I have not even been tmepted to open the box and my Mavic 2 Pro arrived today ........................
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 08:12
Hi. I would suggest you use a mobile device to activate your drone while we are all waiting for the CrystalSky to work on Mavic 2 Pro. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Hi Natalia - I wont be doing that as I do not want the hasle I had last time having to reset the drone etc due to conflicts and this was recommended by your Tech Help line I spent hours online trying to sort it - please can this be raised as a prioirty as you have alot of unhappy DJI customers who are loyal to your company -cheers Hieth
2018-8-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-31 08:19
Hi Natalia - I wont be doing that as I do not want the hasle I had last time having to reset the drone etc due to conflicts and this was recommended by your Tech Help line I spent hours online trying to sort it - please can this be raised as a prioirty as you have alot of unhappy DJI customers who are loyal to your company -cheers Hieth

Using another mobile device that works well with DJI GO 4 in the meantime will have no negative impact at all. Whoever told you that was wrong.
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-31 08:22
Using another mobile device in the meantime will have no negative impact at all. Whoever told you that was wrong.

HI Wachtberger - this happened with my first Mavic Pro when I used my phone when I first got it and when the CR arrived I plugged it in and it would not recognise it so I spent hours online with DJI Tech who could not solve it in the end they had to reset the MAvic and start a fresh - so you can understand why I am loved to try this - cheers H
2018-8-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-31 08:25
HI Wachtberger - this happened with my first Mavic Pro when I used my phone when I first got it and when the CR arrived I plugged it in and it would not recognise it so I spent hours online with DJI Tech who could not solve it in the end they had to reset the MAvic and start a fresh - so you can understand why I am loved to try this - cheers H

I can only share my experience from regularly switching between a standard Android tablet and my CrystalSky (for testing new GO 4 versions that are not yet available for CS). Never any problem and logically there can't be a problem just because of that. Whatever has happened to you at the time must have had a different cause. But you are of course free to keep your M2P grounded, I wouldn't for sure.
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-31 08:35
I can only share my experience from regularly switching between a standard Android tablet and my CrystalSky (for testing new GO 4 versions that are not yet available for CS). Never any problem and logically there can't be a problem just because of that. Whatever has happened to you at the time must have had a different cause. But you are of course free to keep your M2P grounded, I wouldn't for sure.

Thanks W - I am tempted for sure so might take you up on that advice like you said logically there should be no issue and if somehting happens I know what to do so wouldnt hold it against you - thanks bud
2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Think there is a slightest chance that DJI might have rushed Mavic 2 out the door, before things were ready?  
2018-8-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-31 09:08
Thanks W - I am tempted for sure so might take you up on that advice like you said logically there should be no issue and if somehting happens I know what to do so wouldnt hold it against you - thanks bud

You are very welcome and I herewith allow you to hold me fully accountable should anything go wrong just because using a different suitable Android device.
2018-8-31
Use props
GaryNash
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-31 08:17
So do I Gary - I have not even been tmepted to open the box and my Mavic 2 Pro arrived today ........................

Slightly off topic the Mavic 2 is beautiful... feels heavy (mainly battery) and a quality piece of equipment. Had my first flight today... first 15 mins compass and IMU checks drone shakedown. Rest and the battery and 2nd. Checking a few of the features out.. active track 2.0 looks awesome...  the drone is very, very stable. Smooth gimble movements. So  far very pleased. Had to finish it then daughter wanted the toilet lol......

Back to Crystalsky, Its very frustrating to hear that DJI are developing a Mavic 2 controller with built in screen. While people who bought their premium Monitor are left in limbo...

WHEN ?
2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Back to Crystalsky, Its very frustrating to hear that DJI are developing a Mavic 2 controller with built in screen. While people who bought their premium Monitor are left in limbo...

? Meaning no CrystalSky 2?  
? Meaning CrystalSky is nearing EOL?  
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice..... I am tempted now Gary maybe I will have to get the knife out on the box  I didnt know they where looking to do this for the controller have you checked to see if it fits are you using the DJI Bracket ?
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-31 09:21
You are very welcome and I herewith allow you to hold me fully accountable should anything go wrong just because using a different suitable Android device.

You are so nice
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 09:12
Think there is a slightest chance that DJI might have rushed Mavic 2 out the door, before things were ready?

You could be right but they did delay it for a bit
2018-8-31
Use props
GaryNash
First Officer
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 09:42

? Meaning no CrystalSky 2?  

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=164422
2018-8-31
Use props
GaryNash
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-31 09:44
Nice..... I am tempted now Gary maybe I will have to get the knife out on the box  I didnt know they where looking to do this for the controller have you checked to see if it fits are you using the DJI Bracket ? [view_image]

Dont own a DJI bracket for crystalsky ...but the news on the street is is doesn't fit...
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great sounds like another waste of money .................................
2018-8-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 09:12

Same could be said for Mavic Air and P4Pro 2, could be a case of seeing how things are working before they release new FW, but I find it’s the same with most tech these days. Hopefully will have it soon.
2018-8-31
Use props
sjd666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

Seems strange that iOS ,android and the goggles were compatible with app/firmware on the day of release.
2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

sjd666 Posted at 2018-8-31 10:14
Seems strange that iOS ,android and the goggles were compatible with app/firmware on the day of release.

Ding!  Ding!   We have a winner!
2018-8-31
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules