Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark tuning. it is possible?
3317 16 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robkadett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64665 ft
Hungary

It is turned on my mind, what if the engine (motor) was replaced to other motor? forexample snail or 3rd party motor?
or somebody tried tuning spark? lover consumption is higher flying time ?
but i think it is impossible becouse of default motors data sheet unavailable

(and i know, it is equal to lost guarantee )

2018-8-30
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Maybe your local mechanic can Tune it up
2018-8-30
Use props
Chuck101
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

To improve the efficiency and reduce the power consumption remove the motor from the Spark and immerse it for 3 hours in blinker fluid from your local auto parts store.
2018-8-30
Use props
Robkadett
lvl.1
Hungary

What a constructive answer ;)
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, just a friendly reminder, it is not recommended to do any modification or self repair to your drone because it can void your warranty. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help.
2018-8-30
Use props
Robkadett
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-30 04:29
Hi there, just a friendly reminder, it is not recommended to do any modification or self repair to your drone because it can void your warranty. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help.

Thank you Dear! yes, i know. and after warrianty period will modify anything. like battery.
i think the spark is good start kit to improve own project drone, and i try to collect and find data sheets, which is not factory secret , like motos data sheets etc.
but i see, its better way to search in unofficial forums.
2018-8-30
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Spark is generally not very good for tuning. It's completely proprietary (machine is even using GNU GPL'ed code but not sharing alike), those tiny escs are just for these motors etc... Correct way to fiddle with multirotor technology is to build your own from open source hw and sw.
2018-8-30
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Spark is a drone developed for photo and video production. That is why it would not make much sense for the stronger engines, because it is still too fast to shoot certain situations.

The stronger engines are heavier and they consume more so the flight time will be reduced, which is not too much. it would have to be bigger, and then it would be harder again and then it would have to be a stronger engine ... it would never end ...

Why do not you buy a racer drone?
2018-8-30
Use props
Robkadett
lvl.1
Hungary

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-30 08:10
Spark is generally not very good for tuning. It's completely proprietary (machine is even using GNU GPL'ed code but not sharing alike), those tiny escs are just for these motors etc... Correct way to fiddle with multirotor technology is to build your own from open source hw and sw.

thank you your correct answer.
2018-9-4
Use props
Robkadett
lvl.1
Hungary

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-30 08:54
Spark is a drone developed for photo and video production. That is why it would not make much sense for the stronger engines, because it is still too fast to shoot certain situations.

The stronger engines are heavier and they consume more so the flight time will be reduced, which is not too much. it would have to be bigger, and then it would be harder again and then it would have to be a stronger engine ... it would never end ...

Thank you too the answer.
i thought it all before try minimal tune, but
yes i see, i will make my own drone by parts. and later i will integrate spark's camera and gimball or like same quality. (difficoult mission the camera )

thanks for all
2018-9-4
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

50 kph is way fast enough for these little things , size for speed they are like rockets  .. best video is  slow speed ..
2018-9-5
Use props
DPJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-9-5 02:47
50 kph is way fast enough for these little things , size for speed they are like rockets  .. best video is  slow speed ..

You've obviously never flown an FPV Quad, mine will do nigh on 95mph! And it's smaller than my Spark by a couple of inches easily.
2018-9-7
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

DPJ Posted at 2018-9-7 07:30
You've obviously never flown an FPV Quad, mine will do nigh on 95mph! And it's smaller than my Spark by a couple of inches easily.

Differant enviroment mate and built for differant uses
2018-9-7
Use props
darkfull1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I love to do tuning on my racing drone but I would not do it on my spark. (except maybe put stickers on it)
2018-12-29
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Well actually you can tune the spark like the Mavic Pro on a correct firmware with the correct version of DJI assistant 2,
You have to modify the parameters.
Spark in sport+ goes 70kph and mavic pro in sport+ goes 85 kph.
And you can modify all sorts of stuff also.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
darkfull1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 12-30 16:54
Well actually you can tune the spark like the Mavic Pro on a correct firmware with the correct version of DJI assistant 2,
You have to modify the parameters.
Spark in sport+ goes 70kph and mavic pro in sport+ goes 85 kph.

Well ok you can tune the firmware but I was thinking mechanical and electronic tunning.
2018-12-31
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

The only known tuning I know of on a spark would be maintainance and DJI Assistant that can change some of your parameters.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules