Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Precision landing
20331 341 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyGa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 222828 ft
  • >>>

Let’s all just agree that DJI should have put precision landing in the M2Pro and judging from people’s responses, they made a mistake. In the meantime, I hope my phone connects to those pesky GPS towers and Google Maps GPS data!
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4152854 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 12:06
Hallmark007 - The wise guy TommyGA has been banned from this forum...

People who live in Fragile glass houses, should not throw boulders.

Trolling again . Your well matched with Tommy G A
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 11:48
No gps in phones and cars rely on data from google maps government surveys etc, drones don’t  so that is the difference.
It just goes to show how much of a troll you are that you would go back over a year searching for this sh#t , you really need to get a life.

Hallmark007 - No gps in phones and cars rely on data from google maps government surveys

Is above from a botched bar joke...

Why do iPhones and Cars go to Geography section of Public Libaries?
To look up their previous locations Latitude and Longitude for GPS...   (ba-da-dum, tshhh)

And to think of all those Billions of dollars that could have been saved by not launching GPS Satellites into orbit!

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 12:15
Hallmark007 - No gps in phones and cars rely on data from google maps government surveys

Is above from a botched bar joke...

That was great! I’m glad we all agree that DJ I’ve made a mistake in removing the precision RTH  feature, based on all the people on many different forums requesting it, whether they use it frequently or not.

In the meantime, I hope our smart phones remain able to connect to those pesky GPS towers and Google GPS data otherwise we would all get lost!  I guess we can all answer the question of where Baghdad Bob went after the Gulf war. It appears to be Ireland!
PS. I am so glad the Mavic2 pro does not use the same GPS that cell phones do. Who knows how it would act if it relied on “Google maps GPS”? Or this large pesky GPS towers?
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 2993497 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 11:48
No gps in phones and cars rely on data from google maps government surveys etc, drones don’t  so that is the difference.
It just goes to show how much of a troll you are that you would go back over a year searching for this sh#t , you really need to get a life.

No they don't.

They get their location from satellites.  The maps are just an overlay.  Without the satellites they wouldn't know where they are.
In case you hadnt noticed, Go4 has a google map overlay too.
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 12:22
No they don't.

They get their location from satellites.  The maps are just an overlay.  Without the satellites they wouldn't know where they are.

Please- Captain PropWash believes only he and DJI know what people want. “Don’t believe what you see and hear. Only alternative facts matter. DJI can do no wrong, Google GPS and GPS towers be damned!”
The Irish do have a penchant for drinking though. Maybe that explains the malignant narcissism in the face of overwhelming odds.

2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 12:03
I read the first line of this post and I’m not reading anymore, you don’t own a M2P you have said publicly here that you will never own a M2 why are you so worried whether it lands on a roof or a stamp, all your here to do is try to rubbish this product , maybe you will tell us what difference it’s going to make to you ?
Just read where others have tested already and you should be able to figure and plenty have.

Hallmark007 - ... maybe you will tell us what difference it’s going to make to you ?

At the moment it is countering your disinformation.  You clearly do not know what your are talking about involving GPS and Cars / Phones.   Your statements are very misleading and people who don't know, could take such statements as fact.  

Additionally bothersome is you continue to try to spread the disinformation with your usual derailing and dragging on of more non-sense.  Instead of simply saying you (Hallmark007) were wrong or mistaken or letting it go.

Fact you attempt to cover-up such mistakes with further non-sense, makes you a risk to Newbie drone pilots.  

Hope that answers your question.  

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 12:33
Hallmark007 - ... maybe you will tell us what difference it’s going to make to you ?

At the moment it is countering your disinformation.  You clearly do not know what your are talking about involving GPS and Cars / Phones.   Your statements are very misleading and people who don't know, could take such statements as fact.  

Somehow methinks the old sow has gone into the basement to regroup.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 12:22
No they don't.

Can gps work out when a new road is constructed, when a building has been knocked when a road has been closed, so it needs outside source or your car will end up driving off a cliff.

Here’s what wiki says.

A GPS navigation device, GPS receiver, or simply GPS is a device that is capable of receiving information from GPS satellites and then to calculate the device's geographical position. Using suitable software, the device may display the position on a map, and it may offer directions. The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) made up of a network of a minimum of 24, but currently 30, satellites placed into orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense.[1]
The GPS was originally developed for use by the United States military, but in the 1980s, the United States government allowed the system to be used for civilian purposes. Though the GPS satellite data is free and works anywhere in the world, the GPS device and the associated software must be bought or rented.
A GPS device can retrieve from the GPS system location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth. A GPS reception requires an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites,[2] and is subject to poor satellite signal conditions. In exceptionally poor signal conditions, for example in urban areas, satellite signals may exhibit multipath propagation where signals bounce off structures, or are weakened by meteorological conditions. Obstructed lines of sight may arise from a tree canopy or inside a structure, such as in a building, garage or tunnel. Today, most standalone GPS receivers are used in automobiles. The GPS capability of smartphones may use assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology, which can use the base station or cell towers to provide a faster Time to First Fix (TTFF), especially when GPS signals are poor or unavailable. However, the mobile network part of the A-GPS technology would not be available when the smartphone is outside the range of the mobile reception network, while the GPS aspect would otherwise continue to be available.
The Russian Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS) was developed contemporaneously with GPS, but suffered from incomplete coverage of the globe until the mid-2000s.[3] GLONASS can be added to GPS devices to make more satellites available and enabling positions to be fixed more quickly and accurately, to within 2 meters.[4]
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again I was completely right about you , you are a TROLL, you got your test said nothing about it, but would rather dig up something from a year and a half ago.
Be honest your not interested in this thread your just interested in your new Mate and TROLLING.
KEEP ON TOPIC.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

As regards newbies, they just need to do what you were looking for proof of how good landing is without precision landing and I have provided that, what have you provided, post from a year and a half ago.

You are just here to cause HYSTERIA you done the same on the Mavic Air forum for the last 7 months it’s what you do and your well matched with your friend TommyGA.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Here’s your new Bestie , banned for LIFE , and there are quite a few more of these banned posts around here.
For anyone else here, they should Know who TommyGA really is and why he’s here to troll.

2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 12:52
Again I was completely right about you , you are a TROLL, you got your test said nothing about it, but would rather dig up something from a year and a half ago.
Be honest your not interested in this thread your just interested in your new Mate and TROLLING.
KEEP ON TOPIC.

Hallmark007 - KEEP ON TOPIC

Be a whole lot easier to ''KEEP ON TOPIC'' if you would heed your own lecturing advice.
Hallmark007 - you are a TROLL
Hallmark007 - your new Mate and TROLLING

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

While Captain Propwash may hysterically post nonsense accusing people of being other people, his Wikipedia post really proved his own fallaciousness. In great detail. I think we know who the winner is here, and it ain’t the Irish Leprechaun!

Back to regular programming: it is clear in so many places that people don’t like the fact that DJI removed the precision RTH feature. Clearly it was a mistake.

Now back to those Google GPS towers! (Sorry- the insane claim was made ‘some time ago’ because Bono’s lesser-half is much smarter now!)
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:24
Hallmark007 - KEEP ON TOPIC

Be a whole lot easier to ''KEEP ON TOPIC'' if you would heed your own lecturing advice.

Again ignore the proof , you got it but now it looks like you would rather Troll with Tommy.
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:26
Again ignore the proof , you got it but now it looks like you would rather Troll with Tommy.

The epitome of deflection.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-5 13:24
While Captain Propwash may hysterically post nonsense accusing people of being other people, his Wikipedia post really proved his own fallaciousness. In great detail. I think we know who the winner is here, and it ain’t the Irish Leprechaun!

Back to regular programming: it is clear in so many places that people don’t like the fact that DJI removed the precision RTH feature. Clearly it was a mistake.

Goodbye Dave, montymelon Head , glimmerman, and I forgot about Ron Harper, think it’s best that everyone on the forum is introduced to this forums most Famous Troll .
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:26

What are you blathering on about now, "ignore the proof".  

That Wiki post is simply another one of your ways of trying distract people from posts that show you were severely mistaken about Cars / Phones and GPS.

Admit it, you were wrong!
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:28
Goodbye Dave, montymelon Head , glimmerman, and I forgot about Ron Harper, think it’s best that everyone on the forum is introduced to this forums most Famous Troll .

Hallmark: “Trolling...KEEP ON TOPIC”

Back to topic:
Thank you Hedgetrimmer for pointing out the GPS info and correcting the unsung hero.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:17
Here’s your new Bestie , banned for LIFE , and there are quite a few more of these banned posts around here.
For anyone else here, they should Know who TommyGA really is and why he’s here to troll.
[view_image][view_image]

If there is any Truth to it even relating someone posting here.  Not that you can be trusted with truth.
All I can say is, the banned for Life should have Hallmark007 as Avatars.

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

If DJI does restore precision landing because of the big outcry all over, they would probably be more willing to admit their mistake. Even though certain people may be Dwight Schrute enough to not admit it for them. Instead, certain people don’t see the irony in their bizarre claims of GPS towers. Sigh.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:38
What are you blathering on about now, "ignore the proof".  

That Wiki post is simply another one of your ways of trying distract people from posts that show you were severely mistaken about Cars / Phones and GPS.

Look at the video keep on topic, it was you in your trolling that change the topic around here.
Again you still haven’t explained why your so concerned about precision landing in a drone you will never own, or am I right your just Trolling.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-5 12:48
Somehow methinks the old sow has gone into the basement to regroup.

If only.  You haven't been around here long enough (no offense meant) to see Hallmark007 for what he is.  Thread Trashing Troll.   Anytime someone dares counter his self-proclaimed expertise, he is out from under his bridge to bash said person.  Along with burying the thread in rants, non-sense, and even nasty personal attacks - including using terms that are supposed to get you banned from here.

There is one exception to Hallmark007's Thread Trashing.  You take his Trash (lying, derailing, distractions, and crude remarks) to one of his own ''Precious'' threads, and he quickly shuts-up and crawls back under his bridge.  Seems Hallmark007 has no issues with Dumping  on other people's theads (like this one), but absolutely won't take a Dump in his own backyard.

2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:38
What are you blathering on about now, "ignore the proof".  

That Wiki post is simply another one of your ways of trying distract people from posts that show you were severely mistaken about Cars / Phones and GPS.

I wasn’t wrong , but you decide to go back 1 1/2 years to a post I wrote and then try to take it out of context, then look for answers but don’t answer your own posts, I’ll start with below post just answer it.

HedgeTrimmer Quote: Drone photography is not real Photography , so now give us an answer.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:51
Look at the video keep on topic, it was you in your trolling that change the topic around here.
Again you still haven’t explained why your so concerned about precision landing in a drone you will never own, or am I right your just Trolling.

Geez, thought by now and numerous previous explanations that would be obvious to you.

What DJI does with one product, has a way of effecting other products and future products.
Fact that DJI talked about Precision Landing in the Big Wow, and yet it isn't there is an issue.
Fact that DJI removed Precision Landing from MP2, is an issue as previously discussed, missing landing pad on RTH, resulting in sand, dust, grass.
Sand - camera lens and gimbal.
Dust - sucked into drone by fans.
Grass - wrapped around motor hubs via props.

BTW: Your latest distraction is not going to work.
Below Copied from Post #54

Hallmark007 -- whoever was blogging knows nothing about how gps works in these drones

Hallmark007 --  Gps in cars and phones receive signal in much different ways  than your gps in your aircraft , gps in drones takes signal directly  from satellites,so yes if you are above obstacles in the clear sky you  have much better chance of receiving higher gps sat count.  Cars and phones receive signal from antenna masts signals being bounced around from strategically placed very large GPS receivers and that’s why they don’t have problems driving through cities etc.
2018-9-5
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Do you two ever stop arguing ?  you act like your married and it is very distracting and annoying .
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-5 14:01
Do you two ever stop arguing ?  you act like your married and it is very distracting and annoying .

Back to topic:

Clearly lack of precision landing is an issue to many people. There is one video on YouTube with almost a hundred thousand views about it and hundreds of complaints in the comments. I think DJI may realize it made a mistake, despite what some a few loud shills say.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:55
I wasn’t wrong , but you decide to go back 1 1/2 years to a post I wrote and then try to take it out of context, then look for answers but don’t answer your own posts, I’ll start with below post just answer it.

HedgeTrimmer Quote: Drone photography is not real Photography , so now give us an answer.

Since you didn't post a Link to claimed post, I will got with more Smoke Blowing.

Clearly you plan to Trash this Thread like you have done previously.  Guess it is time to take your Thread Troll Trashing to one of your own Threads?  It is your call, what say you?
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:59
Geez, thought by now and numerous previous explanations that would be obvious to you.

What DJI does with one product, has a way of effecting other products and future products.

Again you came here to get proof of how accurate regular landing is you got it and the proof says it’s actually better than precision landing what more do you need.
Your here to troll, why not go to phantom forum that’s going to be the next dji drone, all your BS about future drones, it’s total BS, this thread has nothing to do with the post you dug up from  year and a half ago.
I noticed that as soon as proof was put up you try to thrash the thread your just a Troll you’ve been trolling the Mavic Air and now your trolling this forum, you do nothing but try to trash everything with your BS.
Now refer to video, there’s enough proof there to show that dust won’t get in your motors.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:06
Since you didn't post a Link to claimed post, I will got with more Smoke Blowing.

Clearly you plan to Trash this Thread like you have done previously.  Guess it is time to take your Thread Troll Trashing to one of your own Threads?  It is your call, what say you?

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

Regular RTH is not as accurate as precision landing. The avalanche of online complaints about the lack of precision RTH shows that. Anyone who would claim otherwise is delusional.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:59

What DJI does with one product, has a way of effecting other products and future products.

It’s amazing you can go back a year and a half and find a post but you can’t find a post that was directed to you in the last 30 minutes. LMAO......
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 14:07
Again you came here to get proof of how accurate regular landing is you got it and the proof says it’s actually better than precision landing what more do you need.
Your here to troll, why not go to phantom forum that’s going to be the next dji drone, all your BS about future drones, it’s total BS, this thread has nothing to do with the post you dug up from  year and a half ago.
I noticed that as soon as proof was put up you try to thrash the thread your just a Troll you’ve been trolling the Mavic Air and now your trolling this forum, you do nothing but try to trash everything with your BS.

From Wachtberger's own post, comes the evidence.

Missed it!

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:17

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201809/04/121707nt8my55ytf8fgy4b.jpg[/img]

You have just proven yourself hilarious. Precision landing was there for a reason. That’s why so many people are disappointed with that feature taken away. Even DJI’s own employees on RCG acknowledge that. Your shilling would be an art form if it weren’t so obvious.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Video title right at top ''Mavic Pro Return to Home Precision''.   
Ironic being you were just lecturing on KEEP ON TOPIC.

Opening talking about Weather apps.
Throwing out landing pad.
Pictures of Mavic Pro landing.
Skipping forward.
More Pictures of Mavic Pro landing.
Not wasting any more of time on watching yet another one of your Side Tracking videos.

Specify exactly where in the Video he tests Multiple Landings of Mavic 2 (or Mavic Pro 2), and after each landing he moves landing pad couple hundred feet from last landing.  

After what I pointed out with iPhone-5s and Garmin 64st  original vs. return GPS coordinates, the MP2 does not simply go up then down.  Instead MP2 flies off several hundred meters in X&Y plane then returns.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201809/04/121707nt8my55ytf8fgy4b.jpg[/img]

Did you not watch the video, precision landing was off as well how much proof do you want, more proof your here to create hysteria along with your new bestie to back you up. Two trolls working in harmony .
And the real truth is none of this effects you . Except that in Mavic Pro precision landing is not as good as regular landing and you own a Mavic pro.
So I expect to see you on the Mavic forum with this concern or maybe the the phantom forum, but I don’t really think that will happpen, because can’t cause as much hysteria over there.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I’ll test and take pictures tomorrow seen as it’s the pictures that is the proof your looking for.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 14:26
Did you not watch the video, precision landing was off as well how much proof do you want, more proof your here to create hysteria along with your new bestie to back you up. Two trolls working in harmony .
And the real truth is none of this effects you . Except that in Mavic Pro precision landing is not as good as regular landing and you own a Mavic pro.
So I expect to see you on the Mavic forum with this concern or maybe the the phantom forum, but I don’t really think that will happpen, because can’t cause as much hysteria over there.

Clips I saw, the Mavic Pro landed on Pad.

From use of my own Mavic Pro Platinum with Precision landing enable, it will fly off at over 90-feet going out hundreds of meters, and yet return to within a foot of its take off spot.

More to the point, it does not excuse DJI from dropping Precision Landing, when their big Wow Presentation talked about it and adding downward LED to aid with such landings in Low light conditions.

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Second Officer
  • >>>

Again, just because Captain Propwash doesn’t care about it doesn’t mean that many more than him do think it was a mistake to get rid of the feature that so many liked:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTvRr2KBU50

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1h08r_4RplI

Everyone knows all of this. So rather than just repeating your own personal opinion, just go away and leave the thread to those who actually believe it is an issue. There are plenty more examples elsewhere- RCG, MP, etc. their OWN employees acknowledge they are disappointed as well and think it’s removal was a problem.

Only you would rather pollute this thread in order to dilute it to suit your shilling agenda.
1E8BBBBD-7600-4986-B4D7-B6BEDAB43637.jpeg
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again you will see the Mavic miss it’s mark, this precision landing is not all it’s cracked up to be , gimbal was in danger here as well as grass in the props, also a bigger mat than wacthberger’s.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules