Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Precision landing
18498 332 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyGa
Banned
Flight distance : 222771 ft
  • >>>

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 14:37
Again you will see the Mavic miss it’s mark, this precision landing is not all it’s cracked up to be , gimbal was in danger here as well as grass in the props, also a bigger mat than wacthberger’s.
https://youtu.be/K2lvTzI86Pk

As you and Wachberger have used on me and so many others who have had problems with our drones.

I got no problem with accurate Precision Landing - Must be pilot!   
My drone lands perfectly - Must be pilot!   
No problem here - Must be pilot!   

2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-5 14:40
Yep. The many others everywhere else complaining are wrong. DJI’s own disappointed employees in RCG are also wrong. But you, Captain Propwash, are right. Including your bizarre theories of Google GPS data and tall GPS towers. You have found your purpose in life as a shill. The rabbit hole is incredibly deep.

Looks all to familiar; Hallmark007's Private Messaging Taunts.
All you can do is delete them.  Unfortunately you can not block them.  As unfortunate, DJI Admins are not concerned.

Oh good, I just got one from him.  Deleting.
2018-9-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 258448 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:17
From Wachtberger's own post, comes the evidence.

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201809/04/121707nt8my55ytf8fgy4b.jpg[/img]

I have reported your post for abusing my picture without authorisation and totally distorting the message I had conveyed with it. I herewith formally forbid you to ever use my own footage again for your malicious activities! Do your own footage with devices that you at least own and can start to get an informed opinion about but never again steel from others for your own purposes.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4032632 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-5 14:33
Again, just because Captain Propwash doesn’t care about it doesn’t mean that many more than him do think it was a mistake to get rid of the feature that so many liked:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTvRr2KBU50

I don’t post people’s personal messages, but the ones you sent me TOTALING 33 are vile and not for human consumption.
Your a Troll and you’ve been banned for trolling as many as eight times, now your trolling me your trolling DB again and if anybody doesn’t beleive me then just pop over and see Dirty Birds thread where Dave Bender this guys real name has been harassing trolling him for what amounts to years now. You really are a piece of work,
Who would PM anyone 33 times in the middle of the night from his mother’s basement. Only Dave Bender, there’s something in that name!!!!! LMAO......
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 14:55
Looks all to familiar; Hallmark007's Private Messaging Taunts.
All you can do is delete them.  Unfortunately you can not block them.  As unfortunate, DJI Admins are not concerned.

You might have got one from me, I got 33 PMs from your good friend TOMMYGA in the middle of the night.
I’m always amazed how trolls seem to be able to find each other. And always manage to gang up together.
Look forward to seeing you passing on the info I’ve given you regarding precision failure in the Mavic Pro forum, it could help a lot of newbies counting and depending on it. But I don’t think it will happen.
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>

2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>

2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it’s fairly easy to see that HedgeTrimmer and TommyGA are the forums new trolls and it’s time to leave them to themselves, two recking Bulls, they don’t care about anything only how they can wreck anything. HedgeTrimmer has really met his mate here, good luck to him....
2018-9-5
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>

2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-5 14:58
I have reported your post for abusing my picture without authorisation and totally distorting the message I had conveyed with it. I herewith formally forbid you to ever use my own footage again for your malicious activities! Do your own footage with devices that you at least own and can start to get an informed opinion about but never again steel from others for your own purposes.

Guess what Wachtberger.  I used DJI's Forum Network Picture option.  Which creates a Link to picture you posted here -to here, thus no violation.  Further, you posted picture on Public page, thus no violation.  Further, under Laws of Fair Use, I can legally use your picture in a limited way to make a point, thus no violation.
As for ''formally forbid you'' (aka forbidding me); go get a Lawyer.

Summary:  You got a big Nothing Burger.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-5 15:17
I think it’s fairly easy to see that HedgeTrimmer and TommyGA are the forums new trolls and it’s time to leave them to themselves, two recking Bulls, they don’t care about anything only how they can wreck anything. HedgeTrimmer has really met his mate here, good luck to him....

Hallmark007, I was not joking around about you providing a Link that backs up what you claimed I said as a quote.

Either provide the Link to a post where I posted exactly what you claimed I said as a quote
Or, make a sincere public Apology, and remove your post.
2018-9-5
Use props
Strobing_NYC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3865480 ft

Wow no wonder the world is where it's at!!
some education - just because someone posts an image online that DOES NOT mean it's free to use for all..  That's American rules not sure how the rest of this wonderful world works....
2018-9-5
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84063 ft
United States

I don't have any problem with Precision landing now.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-5 19:05
[view_image]

Are you sure?  

Have you actually done a MP2 RTH hands-off landing test?

(Sorry could not resist.)

Big thumbs up for needed Levity!  
2018-9-5
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5338479 ft
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-5 19:05
[view_image]

You need to paint a big letter "H" in the middle. Good luck!
2018-9-5
Use props
stldan67
lvl.1
United States

So let me see if I understand this correctly. I own the Air and now the M2P. And what DJI has done is, make my $800 aircraft land more accurately and safer than my $1400 aircraft? Lesson learned. I will not be jumping at the next new DJI product anymore. Very very disappointed. Not a good way to do business or encourage customer loyalty.
2018-9-5
Use props
Bernal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142959 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

So experience pilots trashing a drone for not having precision landing. Really. Plase do you really need that. I don’t think so. I’m so happy with my new mavic 2 pro. Good job DJI
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 68299 ft

Mark Moonstruck Posted at 2018-9-2 07:54
That's a deal breaker for me.  I'll keep my Mavic Pro.  I will NOT be upgrading.

Same here. Not upgrading given all the issues and the things that have been removed
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 2368983 ft
United Kingdom

Bernal Posted at 2018-9-5 21:37
So experience pilots trashing a drone for not having precision landing. Really. Plase do you really need that. I don’t think so. I’m so happy with my new mavic 2 pro. Good job DJI

The best "pilot" in the world will still trash the drone if a technical fault prevents him being able to control it and therefore has to rely on it making a safe landing on its own.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

Precision Landing confirmed coming to Mavic 2. Perhaps dubbed 2.0.   
2018-9-6
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

Jason Diaz Posted at 2018-9-6 02:58
Precision Landing confirmed coming to Mavic 2. Perhaps dubbed 2.0.

Those who kept their wits up, faith and insight into DJI's culture of excellence, enjoy and bask in being correct.
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 2368983 ft
United Kingdom

Future firmware update, v1.90 in 2020.  Just before Mavic 3.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-6 04:36
Future firmware update, v1.90 in 2020.  Just before Mavic 3.

Is ETA the new debate? Heh.
2018-9-6
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84063 ft
United States

Jason Diaz Posted at 2018-9-6 04:20
[view_image]

Those who kept their wits up, faith and insight into DJI's culture of excellence, enjoy and bask in being correct.

After considering ??  It was announced at the Live event that the Mavic 2 would have precision landing.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-6 09:59
After considering ??  It was announced at the Live event that the Mavic 2 would have precision landing.

Just my thought that DJI focused on new bleeding edge features first while improving some of the previous features with rolling out a 2.0 version feature update. Road map example, Precision Landing 2.0 or Waypoints 2.0, etc.
2018-9-6
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2018-9-6
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-6 12:12
Despite some people always shilling for DJI and defending an obvious mistake, there was such an outcry that DJI had to backtrack. People were saying this like this (attached).  There were no real plans to put in precision landing on the M2 series, just as there are still no plans to correct the barrel distortion (fisheye) in Dlog and HLG modes. This was an obvious mistake which they really couldn't ignore.[view_image] Kind of like the wrong position instructions to calibrate the IMU in the latest Android GO4 app. Things like that should have been picked up in alpha testing and really show a lack of QA that is endemic.

Has the IMU calibration been updated yet ?
2018-9-6
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

Jason Diaz Posted at 2018-9-6 04:20
[view_image]

The first good information for days. Thanks for that.
2018-9-6
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

HCL Posted at 2018-9-6 12:33
The first good information for days. Thanks for that.

No prob, a bit of optimism goes a long way.
2018-9-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 1198036 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess DJI got sick of watching RTH precision landing tests on YouTube.  The people have spoken.  Let them eat cake.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-6 09:59

Subtle reminder to customers to keep them in their place?
2018-9-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 4971991 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 12:06
Hallmark007 - The wise guy TommyGA has been banned from this forum...

People who live in Fragile glass houses, should not throw boulders.

Pardon me but there is a difference between a user being temporarily suspended due to a heated discussion, & a user who has been banned permanently, on multiple occasions, for everything ranging from the creation & dissemination of fabricated DJI internal emails, to the outright impersonation of DJI officials.  (Yes, he actually did these things & I still have the texts where he quite proudly boasted of these deeds)

There is also a difference between a well-known user posting under a pseudonym & an obnoxious, unlikable, troll, who chooses to create one fake profile after another due to a personality disorder, a need to create chaos & make a nuisance of himself, & a complete lack of online people skills.

The irony about said troll is, in person, none of the online bravado, attitude, & arrogance would be exhibited.  He would be meek, mild, & timid as a mouse.  This is because said individual is essentially a diminuitive, portly, one-legged, Hobbit, & he knows he would promptly be beaten & stomped all the way home to the Shire should he behave this way in person.  All the bravado behind the safety of a keyboard is merely an attempt to compensate for Little Man Syndrome, a lifetime of being punked, the need to feel superior, & a desperate search for human interaction.  Even negative & confrontational interaction is preferable to the loneliness & despair that haunts Bilbo Bender.

I apologize to any Hobbits I may have offended.  Hobbits are typically good-natured & likeable folk.  Bilbo shares neither trait & is more correctly classified as a troll.
2018-9-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-6 12:12
Despite some people always shilling for DJI and defending an obvious mistake, there was such an outcry that DJI had to backtrack. People were saying this like this (attached).  There were no real plans to put in precision landing on the M2 series, just as there are still no plans to correct the barrel distortion (fisheye) in Dlog and HLG modes. This was an obvious mistake which they really couldn't ignore.[view_image] Kind of like the wrong position instructions to calibrate the IMU in the latest Android GO4 app. Things like that should have been picked up in alpha testing and really show a lack of QA that is endemic.

Might be time for you to create a fake account for the guy in charge of software testing?  You can post a fabricated mia culpa & a video of yourself committing seppuku to atone for the failure.  It's sure to get more views than any of your drone videos ever got.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-6 21:06
Pardon me but there is a difference between a user being temporarily suspended due to a heated discussion, & a user who has been banned permanently, on multiple occasions, for everything ranging from the creation & dissemination of fabricated DJI internal emails, to the outright impersonation of DJI officials.  (Yes, he actually did these things & I still have the texts where he quite proudly boasted of these deeds)

There is also a difference between a well-known user posting under a pseudonym & an obnoxious, unlikable, troll, who chooses to create one fake profile after another due to a personality disorder, a need to create chaos & make a nuisance of himself, & a complete lack of online people skills.

I think I understand.  You are saying, person living in fragile glass house throwing boulders, is not as bad as person the boulders were thrown at.

Please forgive me for having a different perspective.  I have no previous experience with person who boulders were thrown at.  However, I have a lot of unpleasant experiences with person who was throwing boulders.

2018-9-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-6 21:40
I think I understand.  You are saying, person living in fragile glass house throwing boulders, is not as bad as person the boulders were thrown at.

Please forgive me for having a different perspective.  I have no previous experience with person who boulders were thrown at.  However, I have a lot of unpleasant experiences with person who was throwing boulders.

I'm saying be careful with whom you chose to play house.  You're not his friend.  You're just a tool to be played against a common adversary.  You'll figure this out for yourself in time.
2018-9-6
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>

2018-9-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-6 22:04
Some people are just angry individuals. Said people, Mike Lovelace, are partly angered because they were discovered for claiming they were a veteran when they weren’t. Even more evidence of the instability is the fact that he was in prison for murdering someone- yes, that is completely and totally factually correct. It was in multiple news stories: He killed a man in cold blood and was somehow eventually released. Said convicted felon  boasts of his current 40 gun collection and multiple drones while being foreclosed and sued by other creditors. Multiple spouses have been forced to have restraining orders against him- all also documented in public forums.  Every word here is factual. People like this are obviously not just dangerous (their criminal records prove it) but have no credibility. Whatsoever. No matter how many stupid posts they write. Just ask the prosecutor or murdered victim’s family. Hopefully that explains the frenetic behavior and insults put forth by someone whose jailhouse nickname could well have been “Dirty Bird” and who literally has a DJI drone that he names “Poop Chute.” Hopefully that elucidates some things about this strange and violent bird.

Dear Bilbo,

I've never been in the military, nor have I ever claimed to be in the military.  Since you have all the facts & evidence, put up or shut up.

Yes, folks, in the early morning hours of April 1, 1996, I killed a guy who attacked two women in a dark parking lot.  When I interceded on their behalf he attacked me with a pair of pool sticks.  Pool sticks vs. gun = bad night for a bad guy.  There's an old adage: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."  I have personally tested this theory.  I was tried & acquitted of 1st/2nd degree murder, but the jury hung 11-1 for aquittal on manslaughter (in my state the state gets three bites at the apple).  As I did not have another $50K CTO pay an attorney for a second trial, I accepted a plea bargain. I pled guilty to manslaughter in exchange for a sentence of TIME SERVED, some community service, & I  was barred from firearms posession for five years.

Bilbo Bender, being a Hobbit & of limited intellect, is unable to grasp the nuances of this event. He mistakenly believes repeatedly posting this information again & again is embarassing to me or hurts my feelings.  Each time he reappears it takes only a day or two before he falls back to this same ploy.  Sorry, Bilbo, it just shows people what a pathetic loser you are.

Yes, an ex-GF once filed a restraining order against me....because I threatened to mail her Ashley Madison ad to her parents!  Had nothing to do with any physical altercation, she just didn't want her parents to see that ad (I wouldn't really have mailed it anyway)

Yup, I'm self-employed & have had some financial troubles throughout the years.

There ya go, Bilbo.  It's all out there, except for the false statement about me claiming to be a vet.  Now everyone knows, they know TommyGA is the latest David "Bilbo" Bender account, & they know I'll be requesting your account be deleted for doxxing yet again.  You are a one-trick Hobbit.

Have a nice day, Bilbo!
2018-9-6
Use props
TommyGa
Banned
  • >>>

2018-9-6
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bilbo, @Hallmark & I have had our differences in the past, but that's really none of your concern.  I respect a guy with a strong opinion, & I consider Hallmark a friend.  Adults have disagreements.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules