Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I was testing bottom LEDs on Mavic 2 Pro today and noticed they are not litting steady but flashing/blinking in very fast frequency but it is annoying like when you have not well filtered led lamp. Is this the same also for you?

Thanks,

David

2018-8-30
Use props
RickC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine are solid when turned on, at least to my eyes it is.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Can you please send a video showing the problem? You can upload it through dropbox or youtube and provide us the link. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

I will try to do video of that issue but I'm not sure if camera will be able to catch very high speed of flickering.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-30 06:06
I will try to do video of that issue but I'm not sure if camera will be able to catch very high speed of flickering.

Alright. Please let us know what will happen. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boy... LED or light flicker is going to have greatly varied opinions based on the observer. If you tested 100 people, maybe half will say they see it and the other half might ask what kind of psychotropic drugs you've been taking because they won't notice anything at all. The other way to think of this...go investigate the people that see the "rainbow effect" on DLP projectors and then look at all of the people that don't see any of it. In the end, all lights flicker...there's just no two ways about it...but LEDs are notorious for producing visible flicker if not regulated properly. I mean, they're the closest to binary light source we just about have. They're either ON (Producing light) or they're OFF (Absolutely no light). I haven't gotten my Mavic 2 Zoom yet, but I'll check it out and see if I can "see" them flicker when I do.
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Txtechnonerd,

I totally agree with you if it is really flickering like in normal life - projector, television...etc but in this case it is really noticeable.

David
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

so this seems to be not isolated case.
2018-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

Solid on here, and I pickup on poor lighting and cheap TV’s!
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-8-30 08:53
Solid on here, and I pickup on poor lighting and cheap TV’s!

You have Pro or ZOOM?
2018-8-30
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I'll report to you  if I see the flickering when I'll receive my MP2 in the next days .
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Thriller Posted at 2018-8-30 09:15
I'll report to you  if I see the flickering when I'll receive my MP2 in the next days .

OK Thanks.
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Given the drone appears NOT to have precision landing any more, what exactly is the purpose of the light?
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-30 09:33
Given the drone appears NOT to have precision landing any more, what exactly is the purpose of the light?

I have no doubt that precision landing is simply the standard now and therefore no longer displaying and having to be selected at take off.
2018-8-30
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-30 10:35
Because they are just freaking cool!  

Mine appear to be on solid BUT, they sure could be modualing them with a LED driver and just above a humans visual perception thresholds. Saves power ya know but, some ppl might have like bat vision or something I reckon and can detect a flicker.

If ya have a o-scope and a photo diode, turn on the landing light aimed at the photo diode, you could confirm the moduation with the scope.......That is, if you need to know.

2018-8-30
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-30 09:33

This is what I noticed as well.
Mavic 1 used to land within an inch from the stating point.
My MP2, tried several times during day time, hovering on spot before leaving the landing pad, but every landing happened like 3 meters away.
I did check all the settings, my Vision Position is enabled which states "Hovering without GPS, and supports Landing Protection and other systems." I wonder if Precision Landing is included in there.
Am I missing something? hope we are not going backwards.

Thanks,
-FC
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

According to DJI support precision landing has been REMOVED from the M2P which is ridiculous.
So yes, unless its a firmware update they've gone backwards from even the Spark.
2018-8-30
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Very cool.......Could you share the camera settings?? That didn't show up in my recordings
2018-8-30
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-30 18:01
Camera was set to 4K (full FOV) in full auto.  My launch location is a brand new building with all LED lighting.  Not sure if that would make it show more or not?

Yes and good point, perhaps that flicker is a "beat freq" between the two (AC and Building/Street Lamp LED's).

f(beat) = |f2(M2P LED)- f1(Bulding LED)|

Re-record same settings BUT, less any building/street LED's, perhaps flicker will vanish then?

My non-flicker recording was less any other LED sources........Neartest street lamp is a old school sodium vapor type.

2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Dirty Bird,

Yes that is exactly the same flicker as on mine.

@DJI could you please address this one?

Thanks.
2018-8-30
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI could you please give us your statement on this? Is this defect?
2018-9-2
Use props
JeanKoné
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42572 ft
  • >>>
Germany

same with me
2018-10-15
Use props
carlhako1
lvl.2
Australia

I noticed this also and just assumed they are PWM controlled and not set to 100% duty cycle, they probably produce too much heat. Possibly a future addition ability to strobe them or change brigheness. You notice it more if you hold the drone, turn the bottom leds on and move it around.
2018-10-15
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

The flicker is indeed there and it seems normal. I manage to capture it shooting at 24 fps, higher and It won't notice it. To my eyeres, however, its solid.

2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules