Osmo Pro, Samsung S8+, YouTube live stream
1661 4 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJ B12
lvl.1
United States

I have an Osmo Pro connected to a Samsung Galaxy S8+ using the wired video USB video cable. I upgraded the Osmo firmware.
The video is transfering correctly into my phone via the USB cable into the DJI Go app (the pre P4 version). My question
is now that my Wifi is free, how do I stream live to YouTube? I select the Osmo Pro from the menu, it connects, but there
is no option for live streaming. I've seen that the new DJi Go 4 has streaming, but I tried that for kicks but I can't get in because
I get redirected to use the DJI Go pre 4 app. I tried the youtube app but it only shows my phone camera (i thought I would get a
camera source option, but none).

Is there a solution to this with the current setup I have?

Thanks

[Andriod, DJI Osmo Pro, Samsung Galaxay S8 plus , youtube, livestream, streaming, wifi, wired video]
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Android mobile device doesn't support live streaming since the mobile phone connects to Osmo Pro via wi-fi, so the wi-fi channel is occupied, Android device cannot invoke cellular data automatically unlike iOS. That's why live streaming is not available in Android APP.
2018-8-31
Use props
JJ B12
lvl.1

Hi, I am Not using Wifi to connect the Osmo Pro. I am using the USB video cable. My Wifi is open, free and available. I should be able to stream correct?
2018-8-31
Use props
JJ B12
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-31 02:31
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Android mobile device doesn't support live streaming since the mobile phone connects to Osmo Pro via wi-fi, so the wi-fi channel is occupied, Android device cannot invoke cellular data automatically unlike iOS. That's why live streaming is not available in Android APP.

My cell and Osmo Pro are connected by USB cable, NOT Wifi. The DJI Go App was connected.  I  downloaded an app called ScreenTube to my cellphone which is designed for gamers to transmit their screens  live on YouTube and it worked. I streamed Oscmo Pro on YouTube. But, the ScreenTube quality is bad 480p.  This tells me that the DJI GO app can and needs to be updated to allow the DJI Osmo Pro/Raw  to stream live.  DJI created the video link USB cable I use which Frees the WIFI  and makes it AVAILABLE for streaming.

Now, can the DJI software team please UPDATE the DJI GO App to include the streaming options?

Thank you
2018-9-8
Use props
SonicMayhem3787
lvl.1

United States

I am trying to do the same. I have the Osmo Pro, I am connected to my Samsung Note 8 via the video adapter, so I'm not using wifi. Also DJI Go detects I'm using the video adapter because I was prompted to give it permission to use it. Also I'm a programmer, so this can easily be programmed into the app if using Osmo Pro/Raw and using video adapter then enable Livestream features. There is literally no excuse as to why this is not a feature for the Osmo Pro/Raw. If you don't understand here is some pseudo code you can pass on to your app developers.

if(using Osmo Pro/Raw && using Video Adapter)
{
    Livestream features = true;
}
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules