8576 36 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did some more testflights today but didn´t find Course Lock I had on my Phantom 4 Pro and from what I´ve read was also present with the Mavic 1 Pro.
The only function I found that 'should' do the same is 'Tap to Fly Free', but maybe I´m to silly for that or this is something different since the copter still flies in the direction of the nose.
Anyone else who is missing the 'cable cam' course lock function?!

2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Apparently "its coming".
But like a lot of features, we dont have it yet.

Home lock and a few others are missing too.

It's even more odd given hyperlapse is basically a course lock with interval.
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tapfly free works pretty well, hopefully we will see some of the missing stuff soon,
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly check the attached image below for Course lock feature on Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Thank you.

2018-8-30
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Natalia, I forgot to mention that I want this for video as it worked with my former P3P and my P4P.
I want to fly myself but in a fixed direction, like a cable cam.
2018-8-30
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think Natalia knows what home lock or course lock is ?
2018-8-30
Use props
fans91864f2d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3424865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, really bummed here also not to have course and home lock, used it all the time with the MP for my cinema video. I've been trying to get by using tapfly, but its not anywhere near the same function. I really hope this comes soon, wasn't expecting to lose key features after spending 2k for the upgrade with the fly more package!
2018-9-17
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tapfly is pretty great to use like course lock.
2018-9-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Except it doesn't work anything like course lock.
2018-9-17
Use props
Ariel Foto
lvl.2
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2018-8-30 14:02
I don't think Natalia knows what home lock or course lock is ?

“She” is describing Hyperlapse course lock—not the same as regular video course lock in older models.  It is rumored that course lock will appear in later firmware updates, but until I see it....

(Pardon the quotes on the “she”: I’m new to these fora, and admittedly still struggling with the professionalism and judgment of using fake comic book character identities for DJI representatives.  Maybe I’m too old, but to me, credibility is strained when Hit Girl or Black Widow or Elektra says DJI is working on a fix for a technical issue.  Feels like Daffy Duck telling me that somehow replacing my Ethernet cable will resolve a Kerberos and LDAP issue.  Thankfully the user community is very helpful and takes up the slack....)
2018-9-18
Use props
fans91864f2d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3424865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also really miss the Video features of Course and Home lock. DJI, will these return? Tap to fly doesn't work near as well.
2018-11-22
Use props
fansf2e3b75a
lvl.1

United States

PLEASE ADD COURSE LOCK BACK TO WORK AS IT PREVIOUSLY DID!!!

It’s complete BS that you eliminated it - which it was eliminated. Let’s not call a completely different function course lock, cause it’s not.

How about the mode that brings the drone in a straight line back to home? Not the “home button” as if you turn the drone, it now won’t work to get the drone back to you.
2019-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansf2e3b75a Posted at 2-2 11:03
PLEASE ADD COURSE LOCK BACK TO WORK AS IT PREVIOUSLY DID!!!

It’s complete BS that you eliminated it - which it was eliminated. Let’s not call a completely different function course lock, cause it’s not.

Tap fly free works exactly like that it will away from you and straight back to you.
2019-2-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I miss course lock, to be able to fly in a straight line, whilst rotating the aircraft is a very useful feature for video. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Tap fly is not the same as Course Lock.
2019-2-2
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yea, +1 here.  What could be the rationale for removing it?  
2019-2-3
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Just use Tap Fly free as stated before? It is the same as course lock.
2019-2-4
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Ariel Foto Posted at 2018-9-18 04:40
“She” is describing Hyperlapse course lock—not the same as regular video course lock in older models.  It is rumored that course lock will appear in later firmware updates, but until I see it....

(Pardon the quotes on the “she”: I’m new to these fora, and admittedly still struggling with the professionalism and judgment of using fake comic book character identities for DJI representatives.  Maybe I’m too old, but to me, credibility is strained when Hit Girl or Black Widow or Elektra says DJI is working on a fix for a technical issue.  Feels like Daffy Duck telling me that somehow replacing my Ethernet cable will resolve a Kerberos and LDAP issue.  Thankfully the user community is very helpful and takes up the slack....)

Ariel.... glad someone finally said it.   The forum names are just plain silly.   Sort of like calling tech support in India and being helped by "BOB".
2019-2-4
Use props
jakesugden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2958540 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please bring back course lock for VIDEO
2019-2-23
Use props
fans169fbb29
lvl.1
United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzxTBs4i9o
2019-3-9
Use props
fans169fbb29
lvl.1
United States

I am new to this forum and new owner of Mavic 2 Pro. It looks like the Course Lock feature is not provided with this product and I am very disappointed not having this feature on the DJI go 4 app/Mavic 2 Pro.                          
This is a sample of what I would like to do and looks like it "Was" available in previous models:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzxTBs4i9o    Anyone have some updated info if this will be available for us Mavic 2 Pro owners?   
2019-3-9
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

nor is home lock
2019-3-9
Use props
fansdbe7bc50
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-30 09:46
Apparently "its coming".
But like a lot of features, we dont have it yet.

Have you been told home lock is coming because i spoke to dji and they cant confirm it will be included in future firmwares
2019-3-14
Use props
fansdbe7bc50
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-30 10:06
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly check the attached image below for Course lock feature on Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Thank you.

[view_image]

Is home lock coming or not
2019-3-14
Use props
fansdbe7bc50
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dji need to put all the missing flight modes back , they are happy to take thousands of pounds from us so we should get what we pay for
2019-3-14
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

fans169fbb29 Posted at 3-9 17:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzxTBs4i9o

Probably the best video explaining home and course locks.
2019-3-14
Use props
piergiuoco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77671 ft
Italy

After buying the PH3SE (black Phantom sheep), but which still has many useful features and allowed me to learn how to make good videos, I bought the Mavic 2 Pro two weeks ago, a drone for 1500 euros, but course lock and home lock have disappeared !!!!! Congratulations to Dji, which eliminates two of the most used functions from videomakers. Do something right away.
2019-3-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is exactly the mode I'm looking for!!  This is insane how it has been Removed but the Litchi app has course lock but cost $25.
2019-4-21
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI has had over 6 months to finish this half-baked bird but haven't.  They have our money and have moved on the other newer products.
2019-4-22
Use props
Branden Holm
New

United States

Hate to say it on here but the litchi app has bolth built into it the UI seems a bit old school and blocky but the app has worked great for me on my M2Z and Spark?
2019-5-2
Use props
fans32d91e9c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 2-4 00:35
Just use Tap Fly free as stated before? It is the same as course lock.

Tap fly only goes one way. Course lock you can slide back and forth, trying different manoeuvres. Much more useful
2019-8-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Im guessing 10 months on Course Lock isn't coming back.  Which is a shame - theres no equivalent on the new Mavic and it was a very very useful mode.
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 8-22 16:20
Im guessing 10 months on Course Lock isn't coming back.  Which is a shame - theres no equivalent on the new Mavic and it was a very very useful mode.

Sadly I think your right.  They haven't even fixed some of the bugs in the POIs yet let alone bring back features we all assumed would be included in an upgrade.
2019-8-23
Use props
Andy N.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92320 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2019-2-2 11:44
Tap fly free works exactly like that it will away from you and straight back to you.

No, you are incorrect. Tapfly will fly the drone in a specific direction, BUT if you attempt to adjust the yaw to track a subject, the heading of the drone will shift from the original destination point.
2020-2-23
Use props
Andy N.
lvl.1
United States

I desperately would liketo see course lock.  Contrary to other posts here, Tap Fly is by no means the same as course lock.  With tap fly, if you adjust the yaw of the drone, it will also change the course direction to match the nose of the drone.  Course lock allowed users to adjust the yaw to track subjects, while the course stayed on the original track that was set.  WE NEED COURSE LOCK!!!
2020-2-23
Use props
Andy N.
lvl.1
United States

I desperately would liketo see course lock.  Contrary to other posts here, Tap Fly is by no means the same as course lock.  With tap fly, if you adjust the yaw of the drone, it will also change the course direction to match the nose of the drone.  Course lock allowed users to adjust the yaw to track subjects, while the course stayed on the original track that was set.  WE NEED COURSE LOCK!!!
2020-2-23
Use props
Andy N.
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-30 10:06
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly check the attached image below for Course lock feature on Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Thank you.

[view_image]

Sorry Natalia.  You have NOT described a method for Course Lock.  You have described Hyperlapse course lock.  This is not the same.  We want to fly and shoot VIDEO (not a series of stills) on a LOCKED course while having ability to adjust the yaw and camera pitch while flying the course.
2020-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Andy N. Posted at 2-23 12:23
No, you are incorrect. Tapfly will fly the drone in a specific direction, BUT if you attempt to adjust the yaw to track a subject, the heading of the drone will shift from the original destination point.

No it won't, heading of drone will stay on course as you yaw left or right , in tapfly Free , so go try it again .

2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules