Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Good evening to the Community!
Can someone tell how big may be a fines in Namibia, if caught flying the unregistered drone? Do they confiscate the drone itself or together with controller and device?
I mean not during flying in National Parks, but aside from people, just nature views, like desert or similar?
2018-8-30
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Old saying i have heard for 62+ years and that is, "If you have to ask then you cannot afford it" just a joke of course
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What in particular prevents you from taking the legal route if I may ask?
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Why not just follow the law rather than further dragging down the reputation of drone users?
2018-8-30
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Because i have no 60 days anymore and because i can't provide insurance liability ( not possible in my country) and because i maybe not able to take off at least once, as i travel with the group and there many of similar reasons. I think your position is right in common, but as always there are many exceptions in our life
2018-8-30
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

Haibo, don't play with the Namibians
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Yea, the problem here is you're asking about the cost of doing something you know is illegal. Maybe you just shouldn't do things that are illegal and then you won't have to figure out whether you can afford it? Just saying...
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Drones are illegal to fly in Namibia?
I didn’t know that.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Most people here criticizing you have never flown their drones beyond their backyard. Just a bunch of hypocritical guys, that don't have balls or would do the same in your place... Fly safe, use comon sense, don't get caught, be happy, share your work!
2018-8-30
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
South Africa

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-30 19:04
Drones are illegal to fly in Namibia?
I didn’t know that.

They are legal to fly in Nam. "Officially" you have to file in advance( for a foreigner between 60 & 90 days depending on intended use if not mistaken.) for a permit and obtain various other permissions, have liability insurance etc. etc.
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

So don't break the law, make the image of drone users even worse and encourage people to enforce more bans and restrictions on legitimate users.

Why not go there and burgle someones house too?  That's also illegal but you dont seem to think the law applies to you.

There seems to be a fair sense of entitlement but just because you bought a new toy to play with doesn't mean you can use it wherever you want regardless of local laws.
2018-8-31
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-31 00:41
So don't break the law, make the image of drone users even worse and encourage people to enforce more bans and restrictions on legitimate users.

Why not go there and burgle someones house too?  That's also illegal but you dont seem to think the law applies to you.

Thank You for the nice school lesson, teacher!
P.S. Who told You, that i am going to break the law? Is it in your dreams?
2018-8-31
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Mark_One Posted at 2018-8-30 23:41
They are legal to fly in Nam. "Officially" you have to file in advance( for a foreigner between 60 & 90 days depending on intended use if not mistaken.) for a permit and obtain various other permissions, have liability insurance etc. etc.

Ok, so not illegal then but almost impossible to fly legally
2018-8-31
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Only if you get caught. 2 million people in a country the size of France so very unlikely. I flew my P4P at Deadvlei and no one seemed to care.
2018-8-31
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
South Africa

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-31 04:00
Ok, so not illegal then but almost impossible to fly legally

It can be a bit of a hassle/time consuming process. Like here in South Africa and many other countries they are strict with regards to national parks and disturbing/chasing wildlife in general. In those areas you will definitely see enforcement of fines and maybe possible confiscations depending on the severity of transgressions. Around buildings is also a no no.  The way I see if you're in the middle of no-where in the desert the appropriate distance from NFZ,people & wildlife flying in a responsible manner you may be fine but in the end it's probably best to respect local laws to avoid any issues for yourself as well the locals who might suffer stricter laws as result of repeated offences.
2018-8-31
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

So after visiting Namibia i can finally answer to my own question about the fine - so it is 5000N$ or dron confiscation. BUT THERE IS NO ONE POLICEMAN HUNDRED KM AROUND
2018-10-27
Use props
huki24
New
Czechia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-10-27 05:51
So after visiting Namibia i can finally answer to my own question about the fine - so it is 5000N$ or dron confiscation. BUT THERE IS NO ONE POLICEMAN HUNDRED KM AROUND

Hey, what about airport security checks?
Did you pay fine somewhere or does somebody have peoblem with your drone?
2019-5-1
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just bring a distant relative with healthy kidneys. Should cover most situations  
2019-5-1
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

huki24 Posted at 5-1 10:16
Hey, what about airport security checks?
Did you pay fine somewhere or does somebody have peoblem with your drone?

No i did not pay anything
2019-5-1
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Where are the photos/ videos? All this drama and you are not sharing the beauty of that amazing country?

2019-5-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

28wins Posted at 5-2 19:40
Where are the photos/ videos? All this drama and you are not sharing the beauty of that amazing country?

So here is my cliphttps://youtu.be/6lYObnvt5vk
2019-5-2
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-31 00:41
So don't break the law, make the image of drone users even worse and encourage people to enforce more bans and restrictions on legitimate users.

Fair comment in my view. Well said.
2019-5-22
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage
2019-6-6
Use props
dronie1965