Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is It worth buying a drone in uk???
3266 9 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Is it worth buying a drone in uk as the new rules coming in are fair, but are they going to change and make it hard for hobbyist drone pilots
to fly? will they put more restrictions on us?
Thanks
John

2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Why would they change rules they only brought in a month ago?  If anything they'll adopt the EASA ones in 2022 or so but thats it.  The only reason they'll put more restrictions are if the idiot brigade constantly flout and ignore the current rules.
2018-8-30
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-30 11:59
Why would they change rules they only brought in a month ago?  If anything they'll adopt the EASA ones in 2022 or so but thats it.  The only reason they'll put more restrictions are if the idiot brigade constantly flout and ignore the current rules.

I agree the ones who have no regard for their actions will continue to ignore the rules.
Its just that i have heard drone pilots saying that they cant fly in some areas eg parks in Leeds and other towns. What is the EASA regulations?
2018-8-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can’t hold off because the potential ‘what if’ scenario...get one, enjoy it, fly responsible.
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Council policy.  If they dont want to let you fly that's their right.  Plenty of other places to launch from.
2018-8-30
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-30 12:14
Council policy.  If they dont want to let you fly that's their right.  Plenty of other places to launch from.

Yes its their right but might stretch to the other plenty of places you say you can fly from and then one day you cant what happens then?
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well one day the sun will swallow the earth - doesn't mean its going to effect life for a while.
The laws aren't going to change any time soon unless a complete moronic causes an accident.  If you cant fly from parks its not as if the UK is sort of places that arent council parks.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. You can still enjoy the drone as long as you're complying to the local policy and responsible for using it. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The UK is actually relaxed as long as you follow the CAA code, most of it is common sense. The European body EASA have various option notices out at present which gather feedback from interested parties. It is very likely that in the UK you will need to register your drone and take an online test to remain within the law. Currently this looks like it will be at the end of the year. For commercial operation of UAV the rules changed so that with your CAA Pfco you can now operate an UAV upto 20kg instead of the bandings in place before.

It’s likley that as drone ownership increases then so will the regulations, to avoid over regulation it is down to all operators to follow the guidance and not go rouge and just do what you feel like doing. I see posts all the time complaining about not being able to fly over 400’ AGL or my range isnt 6k! As pilots we have an obligation to operate within the rules of the air. I for one don’t mind that, but as a pilot of manned aircraft I have a vested interest as I don’t want 1kg of plastic and metal coming through my windscreen as I operate my aircraft within the laws laid down, just because some irresponsible operator wanted a cool shot!

The UK CAA remain proactive in UAV ownership and understand its benifit to the economy as a whole.

I for one don’t want over regulation but in fact that is more down to us operating safely and with consideration to other users of airspace than the CAA who will be driven to act by parliament. MPs who react to public opinion are not what we need in setting regulation.
2018-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Registration and online test is November 2019 (Its in CAP383/ANO2018).

The UK recreational drone laws are relaxed enough, really not that restrictive compared to some places.  That said, if idiots keep ignoring them it might get clamped down on.  Hopefully the new laws come with teeth to enforce.

They need to do something about the ludicrous mark up for PfCO approved courses though.  Its a money making racket and you get very little value for money.  There is nothing in there that justifies the £1.5k or so total cost for it.

2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules