7218 68 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

I received the MVP-2 today.

First of all, kudos to DJI for the quick delivery!  (I ordered Monday and it shipped Tuesday from China and arrived in California on Thursday...truly amazing!)

In any case, I fly with the crystal sky monitor and there appears to be problems.

1. I was unable to update the aircraft with the crystal sky.
Initially it recognized the aircraft but after many trys, would NOT 'activate' it.

So I switch to the trusty old iPhone 6 plus and everything went some as silk.
Was able to activate and download/update firmware for remote control and aircraft.

2. Subsequently, using the crystal sky monitor, the Go 4 app will not recognize the aircraft.
There is not even a Mavic Pro 2 icon to select from the drop down menu!?

3. The older crystal sky Remote Control bracket will NOT fit the NEW MP-2 remote control!??

DJI Support!...

1. What is going on with Crystal Sky Monitors with the NEW Mavic Pro 2???

2. When are you going to fix this with a NEW firmware update?

3. When are you going to manufacture a NEW adapter for the Mavic Pro 2?

Anyone else have these issues?

2018-8-30
Use props
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2
Australia

I was about to post an almost identical threat. Ordered mine last weekend and arrived in Sydney, Australia last night. Have not yet tried SW update but was wondering about  mounting bracket on new controller? Lets see if we get a response. Clearly, a high $ drone should have necessary accessories available.
2018-8-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-8-30 18:23
I was about to post an almost identical threat. Ordered mine last weekend and arrived in Sydney, Australia last night. Have not yet tried SW update but was wondering about  mounting bracket on new controller? Lets see if we get a response. Clearly, a high $ drone should have necessary accessories available.

Don't you dare to threat anybody here! ...
2018-8-30
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

typical release then catch-up with accessories, firmware...bla bla
2018-8-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

geoffz Posted at 2018-8-30 19:56
typical release then catch-up with accessories, firmware...bla bla

this is sad......
2018-8-30
Use props
Shawn Patapoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6296 ft
Canada

Same issue here.
2018-8-31
Use props
SkyPicsUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4751775 ft
  • >>>
United States

The sad part is the amount of money I laid out for the CS Ultrabright, several mounts, screen hood, extra batteries.  Instead of ensuring that DJI’s own flagship professional monitor is ready for use with the new product, DJI’s response is that they “expect” to provide compatibility sometime in the future.  Really???

Now I have to switch back to an iPad and bury my head in a hood while DJI buries their head in the sand.  Here in the United States we have a long holiday weekend ahead of us (Labor Day).  I was hoping to get some serious stick time in on the M2P.  Please DJI, show you loyal customers some respect and support this eessential gear with a firmware upgrade.
2018-8-31
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

SkyPicsUSA Posted at 2018-8-31 12:48
The sad part is the amount of money I laid out for the CS Ultrabright, several mounts, screen hood, extra batteries.  Instead of ensuring that DJI’s own flagship professional monitor is ready for use with the new product, DJI’s response is that they “expect” to provide compatibility sometime in the future.  Really???

Now I have to switch back to an iPad and bury my head in a hood while DJI buries their head in the sand.  Here in the United States we have a long holiday weekend ahead of us (Labor Day).  I was hoping to get some serious stick time in on the M2P.  Please DJI, show you loyal customers some respect and support this eessential gear with a firmware upgrade.

Just a personal update.

I trash my go4 app and re-installed it via the iphone/iTunes and had to redo some of the prompts that came up but after which...I launched my 5.5" crystal sky monitor and the aircraft/RC recognized it. It seems to lag a bit and the touch screen was not as responsive as with my Mavic Pro...but it worked.

I dunno know but re-installing the go4 app seemed to have made a difference.  I need to do more testing to see for sure.  

Also, as I mentioned in my original post, DJI needs to hurry up and manufacture their proprietary crystalsky RC Mounting Bracket.  I do not want to purchase a 3rd party solution!
2018-8-31
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Dji... can you please just push out the update for the Crystal Sky monitors!!?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm afraid that the crystal sky is not yet compatible with our DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates when it will be compatible as well. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-31
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 14:38
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm afraid that the crystal sky is not yet compatible with our DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates when it will be compatible as well. Thank you for understanding.

So... the $600 I recently spent on my CrystalSky monitor, battery, hood and charger is so I can own an expensive brick? I am really confused as to why DJI can keep their DJI Go apps updated on people's phones for free, but they can't seem to do it for their own, expensive hardware they sell as a premium option to their customers. What if Apple released their next iPhone and for the first 6 months it only sync'd with Windows machines? I appreciate that DJI managed to actually have the Mavic 2 ready to ship after their announcement this time, but man, not supporting their own proprietary monitor (which runs on Android, just like any phone) while they relentlessly support 3rd party devices is just bad, bad, bad.
2018-8-31
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes DJI when I bought cs I thought it was the preferred official DJI device for the semiprofessional drones... what us going on
2018-9-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

CrystalSky just needs to be updated with the new GO 4 version, then it will work. I hope that DJI will release it soon.
2018-9-1
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184226 ft
Italy

geoffz Posted at 2018-8-31 13:04
Just a personal update.

I trash my go4 app and re-installed it via the iphone/iTunes and had to redo some of the prompts that came up but after which...I launched my 5.5" crystal sky monitor and the aircraft/RC recognized it. It seems to lag a bit and the touch screen was not as responsive as with my Mavic Pro...but it worked.

Why you wanna use a mount for the CS? Just use a Velcro/3m double lock on the controller and stick the CS on. Cheap, durable, sturdy, and you don't have to worry about finding space in your case or mounting and un-mounting every time or getting things scratched up.
2018-9-1
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 14:38

DJI Tony...

re: Crystal Sky RC Mounting Bracket.

The MP-2 Remote Control looks to be similar in size as its predecessor.
However, as an engineering oversight they drilled the bottom oblong holes to be smaller side to side. (no idea why)
If they had made those 2 openings the 'same' width as the predecessor...the older Bracket would work just fine.

Now they're going to have to machine an entire 'new' bracket to fit the smaller opening on the MP-2.

IMO...a waste of time and ultimately will cost them extra, which they of course, will pass down to the customer who'll be forced to purchase another bracket when the original could have been made to fit just fine!   grrrrr

2018-9-1
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

DJI is not really supporting the CS...I'm afraid that they are redesigning from scratch a new version that works (I'm speaking about HW CPU power, reliability etc..) to make it compatible with the 1080p of the MP2.
Mine was already replaced once. The second one is not working better. I do not hope anything from the current CS anymore.
Hoping to be wrong
2018-9-1
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

castormalin Posted at 2018-9-1 07:52
DJI is not really supporting the CS...I'm afraid that they are redesigning from scratch a new version that works (I'm speaking about HW CPU power, reliability etc..) to make it compatible with the 1080p of the MP2.
Mine was already replaced once. The second one is not working better. I do not hope anything from the current CS anymore.
Hoping to be wrong

That's an interesting observation...if not somewhat ominous.

Used mine extensively and never had any issues.

2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

robotfist Posted at 2018-8-31 21:31
So... the $600 I recently spent on my CrystalSky monitor, battery, hood and charger is so I can own an expensive brick? I am really confused as to why DJI can keep their DJI Go apps updated on people's phones for free, but they can't seem to do it for their own, expensive hardware they sell as a premium option to their customers. What if Apple released their next iPhone and for the first 6 months it only sync'd with Windows machines? I appreciate that DJI managed to actually have the Mavic 2 ready to ship after their announcement this time, but man, not supporting their own proprietary monitor (which runs on Android, just like any phone) while they relentlessly support 3rd party devices is just bad, bad, bad.

Hi, We perfectly understand your concern and we do apologize for the inconvenience, however, there are things needs to be considered first before putting the accessories to be compatible with our DJI GO 4 app also we have to ensure that there will be no problem in both of the devices if ever that we will be using the crystal sky. Please pay attention to our website for further updates.
2018-9-3
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

I think what the delay in updating Go4 for the CrystalSky means is that compared to the number of IOS and non CS Android users the CS users are a small minority.  Even though we paid a lot for the CS DJI just puts updating it on the back burner until they "get around to it".  I really enjoy flying with my CS much more than any other screen.  I flew my new Mavic 2 Pro with an iPad Mini 4 today.  As nice as the mini is, it is terrible flying in bright sunlight compared to the CS.  Come on DJI - get on the ball.
2018-9-3
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Id like some news …

DJI are we looking at days, weeks or months ...for the Crystalsky to be compatible with Mavic 2.

Extremely disappointed this should have been ready to run on release.

My crystalsky currently has zero use as I only have a mavic 2. £600 of premium DJI product gathering dust.  

2018-9-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

BlueSkies99 Posted at 2018-9-3 14:21
I think what the delay in updating Go4 for the CrystalSky means is that compared to the number of IOS and non CS Android users the CS users are a small minority.  Even though we paid a lot for the CS DJI just puts updating it on the back burner until they "get around to it".  I really enjoy flying with my CS much more than any other screen.  I flew my new Mavic 2 Pro with an iPad Mini 4 today.  As nice as the mini is, it is terrible flying in bright sunlight compared to the CS.  Come on DJI - get on the ball.

My hunch is that the delay on the update for the CS is because of the upcoming RC with built-in 5.5" display which I believe boasting high brightness as well.
2018-9-3
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-9-3 14:37
My hunch is that the delay on the update for the CS is because of the upcoming RC with built-in 5.5" display which I believe boasting high brightness as well.

Flown twice with mobile phone and they...along with iPad's...suck for visual quality.

Come on DJI...get with it!!!!
2018-9-3
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need my crystal sky and soon! Would be nice if dji came out with some answers instead of just saying stay tuned! It's sad that we are even talking about this. One would of thought they had this up and running when the mavic was announced. They even had an extra month!!!
2018-9-3
Use props
VUSschneider
New
Germany

Please...WE NEED MAVIC 2 CRYSTAL SKY SUPPORT!!!!
2018-9-4
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

VUSschneider Posted at 2018-9-4 06:39
Please...WE NEED MAVIC 2 CRYSTAL SKY SUPPORT!!!!

After having flown for a year with the Crystalsky, I never want or wanted to return to the inferior iPhone/iPad.  

To be honest, I'm reluctant to fly my 'new' Mavic Pro 2 until DJI comes out with a compatibility firmware update.  Also, I fly with their proprietary Remote Control Bracket, which NO LONGER, fits the RC!

So as far as I'm concerned, it's a double whammy blow to this customer.

Frankly, if I'd known of these issues in advance, I'd have put off the purchase!
2018-9-4
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we at least get an approximate date of when it will be updated?
2018-9-4
Use props
fans244bcce5
New

United States

I too spent good money on a new CS when buying my Mav 2 Pro. Not happy at all.
2018-9-4
Use props
MadeWild
lvl.1

Australia

I owned the original Mavic Pro and recently sold it following my purchase of a Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More kit. To date I have only used my Samsung Galaxy phones when flying and though it is annoying in bright sunlight, most of my flying is during lower light conditions in locations where less weight is appreciated so I make do. I am VERY much wanting to buy the CS 7.85" Ultra Brightness for use with Mavic 2 Pro and am frustrated that I have to wait for an update etc. I can appreciate existing CS owners are frustrated more so but seriously, grow up! Would you rather DJI release it with potential connectivity issues that may risk your drone or would you rather they hold off a couple weeks for them to feel confident with it's release. Sure you could argue they should have held back the M2 release date to coincide but then you'd have non CS users complaining. With regards to the Mavic mounting bracket not being compatible with the Mavic 2 controller, what did you expect? It's a NEW drone and NEW controller. Like any business their goal is to be profitable which will in turn allow them to continue making amazing products. I personally was disappointed that the ND Filters weren't available upon release but I'm not going to abuse DJI for not having it ready, I going to say well done on the new drones and keep up the good work. Patience is a virtue people!
2018-9-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

MadeWild Posted at 2018-9-5 16:29
I owned the original Mavic Pro and recently sold it following my purchase of a Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More kit. To date I have only used my Samsung Galaxy phones when flying and though it is annoying in bright sunlight, most of my flying is during lower light conditions in locations where less weight is appreciated so I make do. I am VERY much wanting to buy the CS 7.85" Ultra Brightness for use with Mavic 2 Pro and am frustrated that I have to wait for an update etc. I can appreciate existing CS owners are frustrated more so but seriously, grow up! Would you rather DJI release it with potential connectivity issues that may risk your drone or would you rather they hold off a couple weeks for them to feel confident with it's release. Sure you could argue they should have held back the M2 release date to coincide but then you'd have non CS users complaining. With regards to the Mavic mounting bracket not being compatible with the Mavic 2 controller, what did you expect? It's a NEW drone and NEW controller. Like any business their goal is to be profitable which will in turn allow them to continue making amazing products. I personally was disappointed that the ND Filters weren't available upon release but I'm not going to abuse DJI for not having it ready, I going to say well done on the new drones and keep up the good work. Patience is a virtue people!

Lets see...you don't owe and not flown with any of the Crystalsky monitors.

If you had done so for a year or more and then was forced to step back into the world of murkiness...then I might be a bit more in line with your post.

I'm whining because I don't want the firmware upgrade to take 6 months.
2018-9-5
Use props
danny2603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4224639 ft
  • >>>
Israel

i have the same problem crystal sjy dont work with mavic pro 2
2018-9-6
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

danny2603 Posted at 2018-9-6 05:07
i have the same problem crystal sjy dont work with mavic pro 2

I remember a year ago with Thor was around.

Used to get up-to-date replies from DJI on ETA and other pertinent info to our posts!

Now we're lucky if we get a formal response at all!
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MadeWild Posted at 2018-9-5 16:29
I owned the original Mavic Pro and recently sold it following my purchase of a Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More kit. To date I have only used my Samsung Galaxy phones when flying and though it is annoying in bright sunlight, most of my flying is during lower light conditions in locations where less weight is appreciated so I make do. I am VERY much wanting to buy the CS 7.85" Ultra Brightness for use with Mavic 2 Pro and am frustrated that I have to wait for an update etc. I can appreciate existing CS owners are frustrated more so but seriously, grow up! Would you rather DJI release it with potential connectivity issues that may risk your drone or would you rather they hold off a couple weeks for them to feel confident with it's release. Sure you could argue they should have held back the M2 release date to coincide but then you'd have non CS users complaining. With regards to the Mavic mounting bracket not being compatible with the Mavic 2 controller, what did you expect? It's a NEW drone and NEW controller. Like any business their goal is to be profitable which will in turn allow them to continue making amazing products. I personally was disappointed that the ND Filters weren't available upon release but I'm not going to abuse DJI for not having it ready, I going to say well done on the new drones and keep up the good work. Patience is a virtue people!

but seriously, grow up! Would you rather DJI release it with potential connectivity issues that may risk your drone or would you rather they hold off a couple weeks for them to feel confident with it's release. Sure you could argue they should have held back the M2 release date to coincide but then you'd have non CS users complaining.

DJI already delayed MP2 release date for a month, thus GO-4 App / CrystalSky OS had extra time to be ready for MP2.
There really is no good excuse for GO-4 App / CrystalSky OS not being ready, DJI leaving customers hanging, and DJI unable to provide a target date.  Far more complex and bigger projects don't suffer from such.  And in cases when there are such delays, the customer is given target dates, and kept apprised of progress.

2018-9-6
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hey, be patient.
I'm before you, I'm trying to make it work with my Inspire 1 Pro  
2018-9-6
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

castormalin Posted at 2018-9-6 22:13
Hey, be patient.
I'm before you, I'm trying to make it work with my Inspire 1 Pro

Yes, and think how it must really impact those flying commercially with the Inspire 1 & 2.

You show up for a job and oops...

You left a crucial part of your toolkit at home...(crystalsky monitor)

coz it doesn't function!
2018-9-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It is like you no one knows DJI by now!!!  
2018-9-7
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If in 2 weeks there is no update for my CS5.5 i will sell the stuff. But DJI don't think i will ever buy a new CS or the new Remote Controller with build in Screen. We all payed really a lot of money for a good product and only want to use them. And i also think it is not a good strategy to try to sell new products this way.  
2018-9-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Crystalsky RnD development office .

2018-9-7
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft

I purchased my M2P with the idea of buying the CS next.  Never expected it would not be compatible, nor Dji not being able to give a definitive date.  I did see a posting in MavicPilots that claims go have a workaround to get the CS working, it is titled "M2 Review & Solution for CrystalSky"
2018-9-7
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

Paul_ Posted at 2018-9-7 12:28
I purchased my M2P with the idea of buying the CS next.  Never expected it would not be compatible, nor Dji not being able to give a definitive date.  I did see a posting in MavicPilots that claims go have a workaround to get the CS working, it is titled "M2 Review & Solution for CrystalSky"C

I do feel that DJI will come out with a fix on the next round of firmware updates.

This is impacting a lot of customers!
2018-9-7
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

SkyPicsUSA Posted at 2018-8-31 12:48

Now I have to switch back to an iPad and bury my head in a hood while DJI buries their head in the sand.  Here in the United States we have a long holiday weekend ahead of us (Labor Day).  I was hoping to get some serious stick time in on the M2P.  Please DJI, show you loyal customers some respect and support this eessential gear with a firmware upgrade.

Haha, i almost made that mistake myself.
I mean, why would a Dji branded and developed monitor be compatible with a Dji drone?
2018-9-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules