Australia

I’m in Western Australia
2018-8-30
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

If that’s the case. Would DJI have to allow CASA to look into pilots, see where they have flown, or would DJI have to pass on info if pilots have flown in no go zones?
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

In the USA we have to register our drones as well. But I believe it's for the same reason. If you crash your drone somewhere it's not supposed to be, they can then determine who owns it. That doesn't have anything to do with DJI though as the drones are registered with the government for identification (FAA).
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m interested to know also if DJI passes on our flight data to the aviation administration authorities.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cindav Posted at 2018-8-30 18:41
If that’s the case. Would DJI have to allow CASA to look into pilots, see where they have flown, or would DJI have to pass on info if pilots have flown in no go zones?

I doubt it. But what CASA could do is ensure that all of the restricted flying zones in Australia (as you can view on their Can I Fly There app) is added to DJI's No Fly database for downloading to all craft.
They also have the ability to require drones to be registered, and for registration to be placed onto the relevant craft, but that would require a physical presence to enforce. That's where CASA will have challenges.
DJI also offer their "signal intercept" technology which CASA could pick-up to extract details from any craft in flight in dangerous circumstances. Then afterwards knock on the owners door with a nice fine...
2018-8-30
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Awesome! This needs to happen to weed out the thousands of no-brain idiots who just buy a drone and fly it wherever they like! Great news.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules