1971 22 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI thinks we will pay for the technology that is exceptional then trade it in as though it is trash? Keep your new flash. Even though you are listing many favorite drones as "end of life" and you will no longer support them. Yuneek and Parrot are fully ready to take this market from you. But that's a strategy you have chosen. It's fine by me. New adventures with new drones. God speed, DJI. It's been fun but I no longer am elite enough for you.
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Friends don't let friends drink and post.
2018-8-30
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-30 18:46
Friends don't let friends drink and post.

Ummm... *driving within the lanes safely* Can you tell me what they offer for your quad and your opinion of it, please?
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

DJI isn't forcing me to buy anything and they're not taking my current drone away from me. Parts and service will be around for years after EOL of these drones. They just won't be producing new ones after that date. Relax, fly, be happy (and have a drink on me)...
2018-8-30
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-30 18:52
DJI isn't forcing me to buy anything and they're not taking my current drone away from me. Parts and service will be around for years after EOL of these drones. They just won't be producing new ones after that date. Relax, fly, be happy (and have a drink on me)...

*Walking the line with finger on nose* Of course they are not taking your drone away. They are just prompting all of us to  "trade up" for pennies on the dollar and it's an insult. Please go to up trade and see if you are not offended by the offer. Then they will restrict our ability to to keep our "old" drones up to speed.
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

Yea, OK. Whatever you say mate. Happy flying.
2018-8-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you got a great working Mavic Air or Mavic Pro, I would not trade MA or MP in.  Why risk loosing a great thing?
If you got a big fat lemon, then trading it in does not sound so bad even at dimes on dollar.   Besides you can dump it with a clear conscious!
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Nobody is forcing you to trade in your old drone, sell it on Craigslist if you prefer for all it matters!

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-31
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

If you really wish to sell/trade do it on your own terms, in most cases any company dealing with second hand goods will offer you below what you feel is fair market value. The catch 22 is that it's quick and hassle free money.

They may or may not put in time to refurbish units where necessary- in the event of, labor would need to recouped etc. - but at the end of the day what it really boils down to is that it's business, not personal and they're looking to make a profit.

Again they're not forcing you to trade up with them but merely providing  the option and like many who sell to pawn shops, 2nd hand dealers etc. If you're desperate enough for a quick buck you'll most likely take the offer.

Economics 101.  

Anyways all the best I wish many new adventures and safe flights upon you.

2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry if you feel that way, the trade up would be the option, in any case, you will no longer use your aircraft due to damage or end of life and convert it to the DJI credit, however, the decision would depend on you if you want to keep it or sell it to other. Thanks for understanding.
2018-8-31
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Listen, I get it.  But as someone posted, they are not forcing you.  Treat it the same way you would treat a car.  If the trade in value isn't satisfactory, sell it on your own.  You'll get more for it.

On the other hand, the values are kinda wonky...

$50 for a P3Advanced, but $104 for a P3Standard...

by comparison, the P3A goes for 250+ on Ebay and the P3S is going for around 200+

2018-8-31
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Don't get me wrong everyone. Yes, when I saw the end of life notice along with the trade up values that was just a combination of bad news that overwhelmed me. I will always trumpet the DJI brand for the innovation, technology and products they provide. It just looks to me that the market niche I fit in is shrinking here. The analogy of trading in a car is a little backwards. You will get top dollar trade in for, say, a GM brand car for the purchase of another one to keep you in the "family". If by DJI's own reckoning these models have depreciated that much then what will that do to the market itself? It almost seems the only ones not willing to trade for fair market value of a DJI product is.....DJI! We all know with proper maintenance and safe flying practices these things will go forever! So there. I hope I've made a more rational grievance.  
2018-8-31
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

You could just not trade it for what they are asking instead of whine about it.
2018-8-31
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-8-31 17:53
You could just not trade it for what they are asking instead of whine about it.

Yeah. Let's not ever express our opinions. Nothing ever gets fixed by giving an opinion. Do you have an Inspire? I'll give you $5.00 for it. Now take it or don't whine.  How will companies know what the customer feels without feedback?
2018-8-31
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-8-31 19:30
Yeah. Let's not ever express our opinions. Nothing ever gets fixed by giving an opinion. Do you have an Inspire? I'll give you $5.00 for it. Now take it or don't whine.  How will companies know what the customer feels without feedback?

$10 and its yours
2018-8-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-30 19:50
Have you ever traded in a car or seen trade-in prices offered for mint-condition cell phones?  They are offering you something for a no-hassle, no-haggle trade up.  No one is forcing you to trade up & if you want more you can sell it through other means.  Personally I am keeping my other drones.  I like 'em too much to say goodbye!

love your answer Dirty Bird.  No one forces anyone to trade up or sale.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think DJI should offer a discount on any product if you're trading in your unit for what they list as the price paid for trading?
2018-9-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

To compare it with other "trade in" offers, go to the B&H photo and Adorama websites.  Both of those electronics companies will purchase any number of electronic products.  A while back they were purchasing certain quadcopter.  If their offer is better, go for it ;-)
EDIT:  Just checked both of my suggestions.  B&H no longer buys quads, however you CAN get an offer from Adorama ( dot com ) for a number different DJI products including Pro's, Air's.  [ I did not include a link.  Didn't want to mislead anyone thinking it was an affilliate ploy :-) ]
2018-9-2
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our second class status on prisoner's planet means we get the shaft all of the time.
2018-9-2
Use props
ColdFish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78058 ft
Finland

I'll take that if you offer free shipping
2018-9-2
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ColdFish Posted at 2018-9-2 16:42
I'll take that if you offer free shipping

LOL! I'll split the shipping! Then I'll keep the original Pro that would have sold for $600.00 plus if DJI hadn't devalued it by offering so little to keep a customer. So yeah. It's my choice. I'll keep the awesome quad that they have devalued by their own reckoning. Can't upgrade to a Pro 2. I'll give it a few months. They should trade in at $600.00 by then.
2018-10-5
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Well, I have submitted my Mavic Pro Platinum to the "Trade Up" program, they have received it at the evaluation point, and there it sits, due to the virus and who knows what else, for over 8 days.
Originally, I was going to offer it here to a few of the good serious folks, but did not want the hassle, or - if something went wrong, the feeling  of "what went wrong" and feel at least half responsible.
So . . . I decided to take the loss, and get a little something to go towards something else.  The drone has only been flown 10 10 15 times, never above 75 feet, and NEVER crashed or even nicked.
I await what they will offer me - when - they get to it.
2020-12-13
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It shows how DJI value their products.
2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now