Mavic air vs Spark
4490 10 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snakelover
lvl.4

United States

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a new drone, and am wondering which is better. The Mavic air or the Spark. I know the spark is cheaper, but it the mavic air worth it? Also, if you know of any coupons or deals for either drone please let me know. Thanks!
2018-8-30
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

It depends on what do you want. If you looking for flight distance, time, video and photo quality go for MA. If want small and light, quick and easy to charge, easy to take off anywhere than go for Spark.
2018-8-30
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

JUST went through this. Wanted a good quality drone. Started with the Spark with extra battery and controller for 399.  I flew it for a couple weeks and started looking at the Mavic Air (realized this is something I really could get into). I wanted more camera options, more effects, more speed in OA mode, longer battery life and more speed for fun time in Sport Mode. So I returned it and got the MA Fly More for 899. Yes it's more...a lot more, but hey...you only live once. I haven't looked back. Pretty much everything you can do with the Spark you can do with the MA and more. The only thing I can think of is palm take off. I land in my palm all the time.  The Spark is a selfie drone.  It's a nice drone and for many just want they need, but if you are AT ALL on the fence get yourself the MA.
That's just my take on it.
2018-8-30
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I've had the spark and currently have the MA

Photo quality of the spark is comparably to the MA, you don't have RAW support but if you shoot bracketed you can get comparable results in post; the MA gives you more headroom editing.

Video quality is worlds apart, the 1080p the spark shoots is comparable to the old gopro devices, it's ok but when you look at it next to the MA it pales in comparison.

Spark is a great introduction to the world of drones and a great travel drone.

The MA is a better travel drone as folded it's almost the same size

If you can afford it get the MA

2018-8-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you re willing to pay the extra then the MA hands down.
2018-8-31
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I sold my Spark and buy MA. So far I am happy with it
2018-8-31
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I still like them both.
2018-8-31
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the Air, particularly for its small folded footprint, easy to pack for travel and the video quality is outstanding.
If taking you camera gear everywhere is your thing, then it has to be the Air.
2018-8-31
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

MA by far hands down. If you don't mind spending a little extra get the combo 100% worth it.
2018-8-31
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft

I own both and have not flown my Spark once since purchasing the Mavic Air. They are worlds apart and I highly recommend the Mavic Air if you can afford it.
2018-8-31
Use props
charlesxavier
lvl.1

Georgia

Between Spark and Mavic Air, of course MA is the winner. If you don't have budget limit go for MA, otherwise, get the Spark with Fly More Combo.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules