394 5 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spyros.rho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55919 ft
Germany

Hello,

A bit more than a month ago I sent a mavic pro for repair - for the very common problem of gimbal reseting mid-flight.

The mavic was supposely repaired, but already in the first flight after I received the drone from repair the gimbal startet reseting again mid-flight.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi spyros.rho, sorry to know the issue persists after the repair service, just to verify, the gimbal reset is triggered at the moment you start taking video or during video shooting? Could you please do more tests to verify if it happens each time?
2018-8-30
Use props
spyros.rho
lvl.1
Germany

Hi.

So far the issue starts when I start shooting video. The camera then starts bouncing for a few seconds before it becomes completely unresponsive, and some seconds later the gimbal resets. I also tied re-calibrating the gimbal, but this did not solve the issue. It happens randomly,  not every time. So far I did about 10 flights and it happened 4 or 5 times. It was exactly the issue I stated when I sent the drone in for repair. Thanks.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

spyros.rho Posted at 2018-8-30 23:39
Hi.

So far the issue starts when I start shooting video. The camera then starts bouncing for a few seconds before it becomes completely unresponsive, and some seconds later the gimbal resets. I also tied re-calibrating the gimbal, but this did not solve the issue. It happens randomly,  not every time. So far I did about 10 flights and it happened 4 or 5 times. It was exactly the issue I stated when I sent the drone in for repair. Thanks.

Thanks for your update, may I know which SD card are you using? Any chance to try another SD card?
2018-8-31
Use props
spyros.rho
lvl.1
Germany

The SD card is different from the one I used when the problem first occurred (before sending it in), so it happened on 2 different cards for now. I use the card on windows only , and only for the Mavic (so I only transfer the files from the card to the PC). The card was new when I started using it. I can give it a try and format the card and see if that helps. Not sure of the manufacturer of the current card is atm, as I don't have the drone nearby I can't check.  I believe it is a 64GB Sony. Will let you know. The first card was a 16GB SanDisk.  
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

spyros.rho Posted at 2018-8-31 01:14
The SD card is different from the one I used when the problem first occurred (before sending it in), so it happened on 2 different cards for now. I use the card on windows only , and only for the Mavic (so I only transfer the files from the card to the PC). The card was new when I started using it. I can give it a try and format the card and see if that helps. Not sure of the manufacturer of the current card is atm, as I don't have the drone nearby I can't check.  I believe it is a 64GB Sony. Will let you know. The first card was a 16GB SanDisk.

This could be related to the Micro SD card, did you try the stock SD card included in the package when you purchased it? Looking forward to your update.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules