Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles series!
24514 207 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-1 21:46
I am sorry for the confusion and do not want to add anymore. I will post my findings tomorrow after looking at my old goggles.

Once I know want is going on, I will report back to everyone.

No apologie needed...it wouldn’t surprise me if they actually worked PRIOR to the update....that’s why I was curious and if so I was going to try and down grade....
2018-9-2
Use props
fans9af54f79
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-1 16:39
Perhaps its shame on you for not reading user posts.  Is this first DJI product?  Android issues will be fixed in late 2017, don't you know.  They are doing theyre job, and the company is making boucoup dollars.  cry elsewhere..

God Bress,

Duplicate Post.
2018-9-2
Use props
fans9af54f79
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-1 16:39
Perhaps its shame on you for not reading user posts.  Is this first DJI product?  Android issues will be fixed in late 2017, don't you know.  They are doing theyre job, and the company is making boucoup dollars.  cry elsewhere..

God Bress,

You are mistaken. You have the Racing Edition (per your post.) These work fine.

Standard Goggles do not yet work, as DJI have not released firmware v01.04.0500 yet. Please stop increasing the confusion.
2018-9-2
Use props
fans9af54f79
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Everyone please stop posting that regular Goggles are working, unless you can share screenshots or some other proof. You are causing wasted time and confusion.
DJI themselves have said they have not released the require firmware for white Goggles.

The fact that this thread is headed up by an official DJI admin saying otherwise just shows the internal disfunction of the DJI organization.

For those of us with regular Goggles (NOT Racing Edition) we have to sit and wait for v01.04.0500 firmware. They said it would be out in August, which was plainly not true because it's now obviously Sept 2.
2018-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-2 07:56
No apologie needed...it wouldn’t surprise me if they actually worked PRIOR to the update....that’s why I was curious and if so I was going to try and down grade....

I hate giving bad information and like to be able to provide the facts. unfortunately my friend and I  didn't get together today.... so no new information as of today.

I flew the Mavic 2 Pro using my new RE goggles I did have a very minor drops and hesitations during my flight testing. I went out to about 2400 feet and total of about 12500 feet total distance. overall it worked pretty good. I need to play with the settings some more to see what is the best. I had it on Auto hopping 2.4/5.8 but I am wondering if I should set the best channel  before the flight?  I did not have the analog antenna installed (did see the point) I am a little disappointed with the results so far, I hope to get better
Rich

image1.png
2018-9-2
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-2 16:02
I hate giving bad information and like to be able to provide the facts. unfortunately my friend and I  didn't get together today.... so no new information as of today.

I flew the Mavic 2 Pro using my new RE goggles I did have a very minor drops and hesitations during my flight testing. I went out to about 2400 feet and total of about 12500 feet total distance. overall it worked pretty good. I need to play with the settings some more to see what is the best. I had it on Auto hopping 2.4/5.8 but I am wondering if I should set the best channel  before the flight?  I did not have the analog antenna installed (did see the point) I am a little disappointed with the results so far, I hope to get better

I’ve been following a couple guys..try leaving it on 2.4..I think it gets confused...I don’t see the need for 5.8 unless your using fpv for another aircraft...I have 1000’s with one of them set up to transmit video on 5.8 to a video display....I think with these goggles it would lower the amount of equipment I have to carry with those hogs....thinking about the RE soon....
2018-9-2
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

fans9af54f79 Posted at 2018-9-1 14:13
For the white goggles, the firmware to work with Mavic 2 has NOT been released yet.

SHAME on the DJI admin and comms team for spreading this information and wasting a lot of people’s time trying to get a product to work that currently is impossible.

Im sure they're all torn up about it, while cashing your check.   Bugs should be worked out for android 7 by fall of 2017.  Android 8 should be fixed by early 2018.   Don't be impatient.  We own you.
2018-9-2
Use props
Hamsets
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254944 ft
Russia

Good news. I think it's important for Mavic2
2018-9-2
Use props
skr1107
New

Vietnam

wow that's great
2018-9-3
Use props
Baaen1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3788520 ft
  • >>>

its working. new firm ware for white goggles now downloadable
2018-9-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Good !!
2018-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

With the released today firmware they (original Goggles) connect fine.
2018-9-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

Work fine....I posted on another thread that it does pause at 49% for a couple minutes...don’t disconnect...it will finish...
2018-9-3
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you comment on CrystalSky? I tried it right away and it read the drone as a Mavic Pro. Would not update firmware so I've been flying with iPhone X.
2018-9-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-3 12:34
Work fine....I posted on another thread that it does pause at 49% for a couple minutes...don’t disconnect...it will finish...

Glad others can finally download the .500 FW update.

I flew again my RE goggles today and still only took it out about 1/2 mile. some glitches on dual band but worked better than yesterday

Rich

IMG_1112.PNG IMG_1114.PNG
2018-9-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-3 19:05
Glad others can finally download the .500 FW update.

I flew again my RE goggles today and still only took it out about 1/2 mile. some glitches on dual band but worked better than yesterday

I took my STD goggles out today and had a lot of choppy and shuddering video at 1/2 mile..put the feed down to 720 and didn’t make a difference...also when turning (yawing) it would do it also....Didn’t want to go any further as it felt like it was going to disconnect. Wasn’t shooting any video so can’t blame that. Tomorrow I’m going to try and screen record and pass it along...I can say that in the area I was flying I get 2 1/2 - 3 miles and good video on MP....sooo we’ll see...
2018-9-3
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Good. News!
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all, sorry for the confusion. The Googles firmware v01.04.0500 has been released in the Mavic Pro update, you may check here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165060-1-1.html
If you encounter any issue when connecting the drone with standard Goggles and Goggles RE, please kindly offer more details for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mberry72 Posted at 2018-8-31 07:14
I can't seem to get the RE googles to work more than a couple of blocks with current firmware and I get video signal loss every time.     When I call DJI I get mixed messages.  Some tell me the firmware isn't out.  Others tell me that it's a known issue and to wait for a update.  Others don't seem to have a clue.

Any one else having these issue?  I within my return window and if these aren't going to work they need to go back.

Hi mberry72, sorry for the confusion. The firmware for the white Goggles has been released, you may refer to 59# and confirm.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans9af54f79 Posted at 2018-9-1 14:13
For the white goggles, the firmware to work with Mavic 2 has NOT been released yet.

SHAME on the DJI admin and comms team for spreading this information and wasting a lot of people’s time trying to get a product to work that currently is impossible.

Sir, I'm so sorry for the confusion. The new firmware for white Goggles has been released, please kindly refer to 59# and try to connect DJI Assistant 2 to update, thanks!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

daev2018 Posted at 2018-9-3 17:10
Can you comment on CrystalSky? I tried it right away and it read the drone as a Mavic Pro. Would not update firmware so I've been flying with iPhone X.

Hey daev2018, I'm sorry that the Mavic 2 series is not compatible with CrystalSky for now. Our engineers are working on it and will release as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-3 20:27
I took my STD goggles out today and had a lot of choppy and shuddering video at 1/2 mile..put the feed down to 720 and didn’t make a difference...also when turning (yawing) it would do it also....Didn’t want to go any further as it felt like it was going to disconnect. Wasn’t shooting any video so can’t blame that. Tomorrow I’m going to try and screen record and pass it along...I can say that in the area I was flying I get 2 1/2 - 3 miles and good video on MP....sooo we’ll see...

Hi Dennis, you may change to another open field to check whether it helps and keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks so much!
2018-9-4
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126844 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:00
Hi mberry72, sorry for the confusion. The firmware for the white Goggles has been released, you may refer to 59# and confirm.

My googles are the RE version and I had no issue updating the software or connecting them to the drone.  The issue I have is that the work for about 600 feet and loose connection every time.  I'm not the only one reporting this issue.
2018-9-4
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126844 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:00

Duplicate Post
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:21
Hi Dennis, you may change to another open field to check whether it helps and keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks so much!

Hi Susan,

So far, I have been getting shorter than expected range with my RE goggles on the Mavic 2 Pro. I posted above the map and this area is free of inference. I had my Mavic Pro in this same area with 3 times the range when I finally had to bring it back due to legal limits.

Let us know if we can do something in the settings to improve the performance of our goggles.

Thanks
Rich

2018-9-4
Use props
Exidous
lvl.1
Canada

is  that external antenna required for goggles RE when using them with Mavic 2 Pro?
2018-9-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-4 12:04
Hi Susan,

So far, I have been getting shorter than expected range with my RE goggles on the Mavic 2 Pro. I posted above the map and this area is free of inference. I had my Mavic Pro in this same area with 3 times the range when I finally had to bring it back due to legal limits.

Yea Susan...I'm with Rich on this...I went to another location and got the same result, 1/2 mile before becoming really choppy on the video...I've never done a screen record from the goggles...is that possible? Just asking because I want to show you the video so you can take to the engineers....like Rich just let us know if you have any ideas we can try. Thanks.
2018-9-4
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

you need both versions installed.
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Exidous Posted at 2018-9-4 13:52
is  that external antenna required for goggles RE when using them with Mavic 2 Pro?

no, this is a analog 5.8 receiver. not needed and I do not have it installed. The internal antennas are all that is needed in this case.

Rich
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-4 14:58
Yea Susan...I'm with Rich on this...I went to another location and got the same result, 1/2 mile before becoming really choppy on the video...I've never done a screen record from the goggles...is that possible? Just asking because I want to show you the video so you can take to the engineers....like Rich just let us know if you have any ideas we can try. Thanks.

I had to fly my P4P today on a job. So didn't get to try my M2P again today. I will be playing around with the HD settings and possibly trying another location this week.

PS I checked my old goggles and they were on the latest FW. I didn't bother getting a screenshot on my laptop because everyone is getting the FW now.

Hang in there

Rich
2018-9-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-4 20:06
I had to fly my P4P today on a job. So didn't get to try my M2P again today. I will be playing around with the HD settings and possibly trying another location this week.

PS I checked my old goggles and they were on the latest FW. I didn't bother getting a screenshot on my laptop because everyone is getting the FW now.

I brought it down to 720 and didn't make any difference...let me know what you get,
2018-9-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's good to know   
2018-9-5
Use props
Vins
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info.  I activated my REs and upgraded the firmware to .600.  I was able to connect them to the 2 Zoom and see through the camera.  As a nube, I do have a couple of questions.  I find that while I can see with the goggles, the gimbal doesn't follow my head movement.  I fiddled with the sensitivity setting I found in the goggles(settings) to no avail.  Where would the proper setting/control for this be found?  Also, when using the goggles, do you/should you also still have your cell phone connected to the controller?  Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place to ask these questions...
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_2HKPfCFnaUaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58819 ft
Germany

Vins Posted at 2018-9-5 02:44
Thanks for the info.  I activated my REs and upgraded the firmware to .600.  I was able to connect them to the 2 Zoom and see through the camera.  As a nube, I do have a couple of questions.  I find that while I can see with the goggles, the gimbal doesn't follow my head movement.  I fiddled with the sensitivity setting I found in the goggles(settings) to no avail.  Where would the proper setting/control for this be found?  Also, when using the goggles, do you/should you also still have your cell phone connected to the controller?  Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place to ask these questions...

I could update M2P and white goggle without a problem, all firmware is recognized but the linking /pairing between googles and drone does not work. when pressing the linking button it disconnects from the remote. To get it working again I have to start the drone again.

Any ideas?
2018-9-5
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

I should be getting them tomorrow.  Anything worth mentioning?  
2018-9-5
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-4 20:03
no, this is a analog 5.8 receiver. not needed and I do not have it installed. The internal antennas are all that is needed in this case.

Rich

I get better range with the antenna installed, but, still choppy and glitchy. I can't say as I understand why.
2018-9-5
Use props
Vins
lvl.1

United States

Vins Posted at 2018-9-5 02:44

OK, like all this stuff, you kinda need to just keep fussing with it.  I finally found the gimball control in the goggles.  I just did a short flight up about 100 ft and flew out a little bit from where I launched and about threw up!  This is greatness beyond what I had imagined!
2018-9-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:21
Hi Dennis, you may change to another open field to check whether it helps and keep us updated on the latest progress, thanks so much!

Hi Susan...another different location...goggles (standard) work great until I hit 2050 feet...the telemetry froze but the video was working so I could make my way back...all heads up data was froze. I brought it back, hovered and rebooted the goggles which then worked. Went back out to 3,125 feet and the video started getting choppy again. I was in a very wooded area on top of a mountain so I didn’t feel like trying to push through it in case I lost everything.....Is there a way I can record what the goggles are seeing? Also I flew MP out to about 2.7 miles in the same location with no goggle issue...just FYI.
2018-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-4 21:52
I brought it down to 720 and didn't make any difference...let me know what you get,

I see that you had better results with distance but the telemetry locked up.  I did not get out today because I am now looking at a possible camera balance issue. Keep us posed/ hope to fly some more unless DJI wants the drone back to service

link to camera issue

Thanks
Rich
2018-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2018-9-5 09:57
I get better range with the antenna installed, but, still choppy and glitchy. I can't say as I understand why.

That is strange, because the external antenna is only for the 5.8 analog receiver.

Thanks for sharing
Rich
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules