Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles series!
24513 207 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-5 19:29
I see that you had better results with distance but the telemetry locked up.  I did not get out today because I am now looking at a possible camera balance issue. Keep us posed/ hope to fly some more unless DJI wants the drone back to service

link to camera issue

No not really...still getting really choppy at 1/2 mile...had my MP with me so flew it out almost 3 miles and no issues so there’s something going on with MP2...seems both of us are having issues around 1/2 mile. I’m going to try again Friday...I want to see how far I can get over 1/2 mile before losing the video...maybe it’ll be fine, just haven’t had the nerve nor the safe space to push on...
2018-9-5
Use props
Vins
lvl.1

United States

So, I found my video thru the RE goggles was locking up/cutting out at about 1000 feet.  I checked and the liveview rate was 1080, which I think I inadvertently selected during setup.  I attempted to change the setting to smooth to no avail.  It will only let me choose HD or normal.  Any tips on this?  I performed the reset all in the settings on the goggles, but I may not be performing this operation correctly as nothing seems to happen once selected.  I did power cycle the goggles but I still couldn't get back to smooth mode.  Ideas?
2018-9-6
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Vins Posted at 2018-9-6 05:41
So, I found my video thru the RE goggles was locking up/cutting out at about 1000 feet.  I checked and the liveview rate was 1080, which I think I inadvertently selected during setup.  I attempted to change the setting to smooth to no avail.  It will only let me choose HD or normal.  Any tips on this?  I performed the reset all in the settings on the goggles, but I may not be performing this operation correctly as nothing seems to happen once selected.  I did power cycle the goggles but I still couldn't get back to smooth mode.  Ideas?

I found the same thing over around 1200ft (headset feed would glitch and lock up, and even remote/phone feed would die)...  All reports claim the headset only connects to the remote, not the craft, but as soon as I disconnect the headset, the feed clears and I am able to continue flying further (remote/phone only).  After flying further, the headset can no longer reconnect (which is strange if it's only connecting to the remote, a couple feet away), until back within about 1000ft.

I chatted with DJI about this and they're replacing my headset, but it doesn't sound to me like it's just a defective unit... will keep everyone posted on if the new unit clears things up!
2018-9-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-9-6 06:05
I found the same thing over around 1200ft (headset feed would glitch and lock up, and even remote/phone feed would die)...  All reports claim the headset only connects to the remote, not the craft, but as soon as I disconnect the headset, the feed clears and I am able to continue flying further (remote/phone only).  After flying further, the headset can no longer reconnect (which is strange if it's only connecting to the remote, a couple feet away), until back within about 1000ft.

I chatted with DJI about this and they're replacing my headset, but it doesn't sound to me like it's just a defective unit... will keep everyone posted on if the new unit clears things up!

Good to know..so there’s more than 2 of us....
2018-9-6
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126844 ft
United States

Vins Posted at 2018-9-6 05:41
So, I found my video thru the RE goggles was locking up/cutting out at about 1000 feet.  I checked and the liveview rate was 1080, which I think I inadvertently selected during setup.  I attempted to change the setting to smooth to no avail.  It will only let me choose HD or normal.  Any tips on this?  I performed the reset all in the settings on the goggles, but I may not be performing this operation correctly as nothing seems to happen once selected.  I did power cycle the goggles but I still couldn't get back to smooth mode.  Ideas?

I'm able to get 4000+ feet no issue using my phone, but 600-1000ft before losing all video feeds!  The other weirdness is that once the googles loose connection, so does my phone.  Essentially flying blind.  I talked with tech support, but they were no help.  Finally just gave up on the Googles and returned them to Amazon.
2018-9-6
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:14
Hey daev2018, I'm sorry that the Mavic 2 series is not compatible with CrystalSky for now. Our engineers are working on it and will release as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.

Thank You DJI Susan. I'm happy to wait. The Mavic 2 Pro is great!
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mberry72 Posted at 2018-9-4 04:26
My googles are the RE version and I had no issue updating the software or connecting them to the drone.  The issue I have is that the work for about 600 feet and loose connection every time.  I'm not the only one reporting this issue.

Hello mberry72, Rich, Dennis and Glenn

Thanks for keeping us updated. For the issues you encountered with the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro, I have reported to our engineers to check and confirm. We'll come back as long as there is an update. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vins Posted at 2018-9-5 12:02
OK, like all this stuff, you kinda need to just keep fussing with it.  I finally found the gimball control in the goggles.  I just did a short flight up about 100 ft and flew out a little bit from where I launched and about threw up!  This is greatness beyond what I had imagined!

Hi Vins, thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear that you have found the clue. Please try to choose Normal to see whether it helps.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_2HKPfCFnaUaz Posted at 2018-9-5 06:56
I could update M2P and white goggle without a problem, all firmware is recognized but the linking /pairing between googles and drone does not work. when pressing the linking button it disconnects from the remote. To get it working again I have to start the drone again.

Any ideas?

Sir, could you refer to the below tutorial video to confirm? If the issue remains, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.

2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I found the same thing over around 1200ft (headset feed would glitch and lock up, and even remote/phone feed would die)...  All reports claim the headset only connects to the remote, not the craft, but as soon as I disconnect the headset, the feed clears and I am able to continue flying further (remote/phone only).  After flying further, the headset can no longer reconnect (which is strange if it's only connecting to the remote, a couple feet away), until back within about 1000ft.

I chatted with DJI about this and they're replacing my headset, but it doesn't sound to me like it's just a defective unit... will keep everyone posted on if the new unit clears things up!

Hi thejesterbot, we're checking the exact status with our engineers and will keep you updated on the latest progress. Also, could you tell us your case number? We'll keep an eye and follow up for you.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

daev2018 Posted at 2018-9-6 17:33
Thank You DJI Susan. I'm happy to wait. The Mavic 2 Pro is great!

Thanks for your understanding. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-9-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-6 18:19
Hello mberry72, Rich, Dennis and Glenn

Thanks for keeping us updated. For the issues you encountered with the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro, I have reported to our engineers to check and confirm. We'll come back as long as there is an update. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi Susan, to clarify, I have the Standard (white) goggles...Rich has the RE....but all of us have the same issue...thanks for helping
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-5 19:30
That is strange, because the external antenna is only for the 5.8 analog receiver.

Thanks for sharing

Hello mberry72, Rich and Glenn,
I just got an update from our engineers that it is recommended to use the external antenna when using Goggles RE and Mavic 2 to get a better experience.
Due to the fact that the transmission of the digital receiver relies on this antenna and will use advanced frequency selection strategies to help users avoid interference. You may mount the antennas to see whether it helps. Alternatively, you may choose 2.4G manually to check.
Sorry for the previous confusion, I'll edit and avoid further troubles.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-6 18:47
Hi Susan, to clarify, I have the Standard (white) goggles...Rich has the RE....but all of us have the same issue...thanks for helping

Hi Dennis, thanks for the clarification. For standard Goggles, it only works on 2.4GHz. I'm afraid that it might be easily disturbed by the environment. For your situation, you may connect the Googles and App at the same time, then check the whether the image transmission channels are stable when the choppy appears in the standard Goggles.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Exidous Posted at 2018-9-4 13:52
is  that external antenna required for goggles RE when using them with Mavic 2 Pro?

Hi Exidous, the external antenna is required for goggles RE when using them with Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-7
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
United States

Any try the RE googles with the antenna?   I'm extremely frustrated here.  I called multiple times to tech support  and was told the same thing it says in the manual that the antenna isn't needed for DJI drones.  Now they are saying oops it is.  Doesn't make any sense.  Anyways I returned them back to Amazon, but still interested in the tech if they are working correctly now.  Can someone give me feedback.

Thanks.
2018-9-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

The external antenna helps with range for sure in my case, but, does not fix the situation as I still get reduced range and a glitchy or choppy image. With the antenna I can get up to a mile of range. With the goggles off, I can get 4+ miles. There is just something wrong that need fixing. The goggles worked perfectly with my Mavic Pro.

Also, I updated a buddy's goggles RE with the same results with my M2P.
2018-9-7
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

Anyone know how you can screen record from the goggles? I think if I can do that and then post, DJI can see what we’re going through....
2018-9-7
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-5 20:29
No not really...still getting really choppy at 1/2 mile...had my MP with me so flew it out almost 3 miles and no issues so there’s something going on with MP2...seems both of us are having issues around 1/2 mile. I’m going to try again Friday...I want to see how far I can get over 1/2 mile before losing the video...maybe it’ll be fine, just haven’t had the nerve nor the safe space to push on...

Having the same issue.
2018-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-7 00:35
Hello mberry72, Rich and Glenn,
I just got an update from our engineers that it is recommended to use the external antenna when using Goggles RE and Mavic 2 to get a better experience.
Due to the fact that the transmission of the digital receiver relies on this antenna and will use advanced frequency selection strategies to help users avoid interference. You may mount the antennas to see whether it helps. Alternatively, you may choose 2.4G manually to check.

Hi Susan

Okay, thank you for the update. I will check this out as soon as I can and let you know. I still seems to me the goggle FW may need some additional work (IMO)

I am waiting to hear from you regarding my Mavic 2 Pro gimbal and have not been flying.

Thanks
Rich
2018-9-7
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-7 00:47
Hi Dennis, thanks for the clarification. For standard Goggles, it only works on 2.4GHz. I'm afraid that it might be easily disturbed by the environment. For your situation, you may connect the Googles and App at the same time, then check the whether the image transmission channels are stable when the choppy appears in the standard Goggles.

Hi Susan...so this morning I got some kind of update..I then flew and had NO issues with the choppy video...I only went out a bit over a mile but before I couldn’t get 1/2 mile. However, here’s the question, I used a different iPad. Would an iPad or phone that perhaps is at the lower end of the specs cause the video feed to the goggles to be choppy and cut out like we have been talking about? I wouldn’t think it would but am trying to work this out....
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mberry72 Posted at 2018-9-7 04:28
Any try the RE googles with the antenna?   I'm extremely frustrated here.  I called multiple times to tech support  and was told the same thing it says in the manual that the antenna isn't needed for DJI drones.  Now they are saying oops it is.  Doesn't make any sense.  Anyways I returned them back to Amazon, but still interested in the tech if they are working correctly now.  Can someone give me feedback.

Thanks.

Hi mberry72, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The antenna is required for Goggles RE, this has been double checked with our engineers. As for the reduced range and choppy issue, our engineers are still working on this, they are trying to reproduce and locate the exact reason at our end. Appreciate your patience and support.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2018-9-7 06:29
The external antenna helps with range for sure in my case, but, does not fix the situation as I still get reduced range and a glitchy or choppy image. With the antenna I can get up to a mile of range. With the goggles off, I can get 4+ miles. There is just something wrong that need fixing. The goggles worked perfectly with my Mavic Pro.

Also, I updated a buddy's goggles RE with the same results with my M2P.

Hi Glenn, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have reported this to our engineers and they are checking the exact status. Could you offer the screenshots when the issue begins? You may refer to the below and confirm.
screenshot.png
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-7 22:06
Hi Susan...so this morning I got some kind of update..I then flew and had NO issues with the choppy video...I only went out a bit over a mile but before I couldn’t get 1/2 mile. However, here’s the question, I used a different iPad. Would an iPad or phone that perhaps is at the lower end of the specs cause the video feed to the goggles to be choppy and cut out like we have been talking about? I wouldn’t think it would but am trying to work this out....
https://youtu.be/4YiYKqPGmBg

Hi Dennis, we're sorry that the Goggles do not support screen recording for now, you may refer to the 103# and offer the screenshots when the issues appear, I'll collect and forward to our engineers to analyze as well.
2018-9-8
Use props
Vins
lvl.1

United States

Ok, so I flew out to 4k feet and had a video feed, albeit somewhat choppy.  I am using the RE goggles with the antenna installed.  I was able to record in 720 but it wasn't smooth.  In the goggles, the liveview only seems to give me the two choices of 720 or 1080.  I can't seem to select "smooth" mode.  Also, as a side question, I set the units in the remote to imperial but I can't seem to do that in the goggles.  It doesn't appear to change those and I couldn't find a choice in the settings.  I hate to be all "American" about this, but when I see m/s, etc on the lower left hand side of the goggles screen the info is pretty much meaningless. (lol)  A setting for this would be great in an upcoming update.  Thanks
2018-9-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

Vins Posted at 2018-9-8 06:57
Ok, so I flew out to 4k feet and had a video feed, albeit somewhat choppy.  I am using the RE goggles with the antenna installed.  I was able to record in 720 but it wasn't smooth.  In the goggles, the liveview only seems to give me the two choices of 720 or 1080.  I can't seem to select "smooth" mode.  Also, as a side question, I set the units in the remote to imperial but I can't seem to do that in the goggles.  It doesn't appear to change those and I couldn't find a choice in the settings.  I hate to be all "American" about this, but when I see m/s, etc on the lower left hand side of the goggles screen the info is pretty much meaningless. (lol)  A setting for this would be great in an upcoming update.  Thanks

I can’t select “Smooth Mode” either...
2018-9-8
Use props
Bucket Lang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3820246 ft
United Kingdom

mberry72 Posted at 2018-8-31 07:14
I can't seem to get the RE googles to work more than a couple of blocks with current firmware and I get video signal loss every time.     When I call DJI I get mixed messages.  Some tell me the firmware isn't out.  Others tell me that it's a known issue and to wait for a update.  Others don't seem to have a clue.

Any one else having these issue?  I within my return window and if these aren't going to work they need to go back.

Hi Mberry - I am also having problems with poor picture on my Goggles. It works then starts breaking up and affects the image on my device also - I have reported this and am awaiting answers. Also I am not happy with battery life compared to Mavic Pro.
2018-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-7 06:46
Anyone know how you can screen record from the goggles? I think if I can do that and then post, DJI can see what we’re going through....

Hi Dennis

As you know I do not have my old goggles anymore. The RE goggles have an option to screen record from the flight options  menu You start it by tapping on the side of the goggle touch pad.  Take a look and see if you can find it.  of course you need to put a micro sd card in the goggles  

Rich  
2018-9-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-8 16:03
Hi Dennis

As you know I do not have my old goggles anymore. The RE goggles have an option to screen record from the flight options  menu You start it by tapping on the side of the goggle touch pad.  Take a look and see if you can find it.  of course you need to put a micro sd card in the goggles  

Yea...looks like its only available on the RE...although I've seen videos on the how to's before the RE came out...don't know how they did it but if there's a way I'll figure it out...someday...
2018-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-8 18:34
Yea...looks like its only available on the RE...although I've seen videos on the how to's before the RE came out...don't know how they did it but if there's a way I'll figure it out...someday...

I guess you can locate the how to videos again for your goggles. I wondered if the new FW might have updated it with a screen recorder?
I have my iPhone 8+ connected on the remote as well as my goggles. You can run the screen recorder on the phone but I am not sure you would have the same result as what you are seeing in your goggles. If you are flying with a spotter, you have them look at the device and you can call out when you have interference. They could let you know if the phone is getting the same interference.

Rich
2018-9-8
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

I can't seem to get the RE googles to work more than a couple of blocks with current firmware and I get video signal loss every time.     When I call DJI I get mixed messages.  Some tell me the firmware isn't out.  Others tell me that it's a known issue and to wait for a update.  Others don't seem to have a clue.

Any one else having these issue?  I within my return window and if these aren't going to work they need to go back.

Two issues really!

The most important of which is the current batch of DJI phone support tech are INCOMPETENT!

I've had to explain issue to them in detail because they had NO clue!

DJI....these people need proper training!
2018-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-9 15:07
Two issues really!

The most important of which is the current batch of DJI phone support tech are INCOMPETENT!

I flew my Mavic 2 Pro today using the RE goggles with the external Pagoda Antenna installed. I was at the same location that was giving me issues before. This time my HD video was solid and working completely. I only tested to about 1 mile but feel it would work as I was used to from my old Mavic Pro.

Very happy with the results. Now I just need to hear back on my camera balance / gumball issue

Rich
2018-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-8 18:34
Yea...looks like its only available on the RE...although I've seen videos on the how to's before the RE came out...don't know how they did it but if there's a way I'll figure it out...someday...

See my post #114

Finally feel it was working the way if should and had solid HD signal.

Hope you get yours figured out soon. I think DJI should be tweaking the FW to improve the Mavic 2

Rich
2018-9-9
Use props
Mike Frey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4661821 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try your RE goggles with the extra antenna plugged into the top and automatic switching on the frequencies. I was good for a very long range the other day with that set-up. Still no luck on Smooth Mode in Live View though.
2018-9-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-9 15:29
See my post #114

Finally feel it was working the way if should and had solid HD signal.

Soo...I got some kind of FW update...brief but an update....it’s not advertised but after the update I got smooth video to the goggles out 8,000 ft...I was low on battery so I returned...and I posted a short clip above..no chop...I went to another location where I know I get chop and while it was still had some chop I’d say it was about a 50% improvement ....still not comfortable past 3,500 ft in that location but I just need to bite the bullet and just fly to disconnect..it’s on top of a mountain so shouldn’t be the interference I’m getting....tomorrow’s another day....let me know your ranges...
2018-9-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-8 02:37
Hi Dennis, we're sorry that the Goggles do not support screen recording for now, you may refer to the 103# and offer the screenshots when the issues appear, I'll collect and forward to our engineers to analyze as well.

Can you answer the question I asked above? That is, would it be possible that a lower end iPhone or iPad is able to affect the goggles during flight? I believe the 2 are separate but would you confirm? If so then we are narrowing down the issue of choppy reception and disconnect....
2018-9-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

Two issues really!

Yea...you get more useful information here on the forum because we are all out there giving feedback. Sometimes you have to browse the categories but trying different settings or breakthroughs then sharing it to the rest of us is very productive. Usually support gets their information through user feedback anyway..I’m sure they have some process...if you follow all the new DJI product releases it’s just a de ja vue or Groundhog Day time period....it will work out..just post post your findings, good or bad so everyone can learn what to or not to do....
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-9 21:16
Can you answer the question I asked above? That is, would it be possible that a lower end iPhone or iPad is able to affect the goggles during flight? I believe the 2 are separate but would you confirm? If so then we are narrowing down the issue of choppy reception and disconnect....

The image transmission in the APP and Goggles are separate, but you can check the whether the image transmission channels are stable to see whether there is interference in the environment and whether the drone is disturbed. Hope this helps.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Two issues really!

Hi geoffz, sorry for the inconvenience. May I have more details about the issue you encounter? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

As for the technical services, may I have your phone number when you contact our support? We'll keep learning and improve our service in the future. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-9-10
Use props
mberry72
lvl.3
United States

I had the exact same issue with my RE goggles that were brand new.  I suspect your going to have issues with the new headset.  This is definitely a software issue.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules