Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles series!
24543 207 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-10 01:09
The image transmission in the APP and Goggles are separate, but you can check the whether the image transmission channels are stable to see whether there is interference in the environment and whether the drone is disturbed. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll let you know
2018-9-10
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136578 ft
Canada

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-9 21:09
Soo...I got some kind of FW update...brief but an update....it’s not advertised but after the update I got smooth video to the goggles out 8,000 ft...I was low on battery so I returned...and I posted a short clip above..no chop...I went to another location where I know I get chop and while it was still had some chop I’d say it was about a 50% improvement ....still not comfortable past 3,500 ft in that location but I just need to bite the bullet and just fly to disconnect..it’s on top of a mountain so shouldn’t be the interference I’m getting....tomorrow’s another day....let me know your ranges...

Was the fw upgrade to the goggles or the mavic or the remote?
2018-9-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

victor101 Posted at 2018-9-10 07:50
Was the fw upgrade to the goggles or the mavic or the remote?

I'm not 100% sure...it was one of those update notices when I checked before flying...in the App...so I just hit update and it updated...in the meantime I went on the support site to try to see what it was and couldnt find anything...and to be clear, it wasnt a no fly database update..sooo I just dont know for sure... I also noticed that when checking for an update to the goggles it says "update" instead of "refresh" for V .500....since I had already updated to .500 I'm not sure why it keeps saying "update"....so today I just did the update again....still doesnt go back to "refresh"....so, that said, I just dont know...
2018-9-10
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thriller Posted at 2018-8-31 04:26
Good news... I am thinking to buy them.

you still have to use a mobile device while using goggles....i thought i could ditch that buggy go 4 app and mobile device....no good...without mobile device...you are limited to beginner mode 100 foot high...150 foot distance ....and maps there are no maps in the goggles and no way to take Panorama images while using goggles....
2018-9-10
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

mberry72 Posted at 2018-9-10 04:41
I had the exact same issue with my RE goggles that were brand new.  I suspect your going to have issues with the new headset.  This is definitely a software issue.

Same issue for me as well.
2018-9-10
Use props
fansccbe6a6c
lvl.1

I was able to upgrade without incident.

Did some testing and things appear to work.

Has anyone done any range testing? I went out about 3,000 feet and had good quality on the image.

I usually don't fly out further than that but curious how far people have pushed it.
2018-9-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

fansccbe6a6c Posted at 2018-9-10 20:58
I was able to upgrade without incident.

Did some testing and things appear to work.

I went out 8,000 ft...I think somewhere on this thread I posted a short video of the screen capture....yesterday I went out 8,400 but I was down to 2 bars of reception...going to try another location and see if I can get 14,000..
2018-9-12
Use props
Vins
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I just did the firmware update and that was a game changer.  I was able to fly over 6k total feet and probably about 1/4 mile away with no glitching at all.  Thanks for that fix!
2018-9-13
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

I had to return my white goggles.  At first I was only getting to about 500 feet out without having signal problems. I was also having signal issues flying low at any altitude when obstacles got in the way, i.e. flying down into small ravines sometimes less than 200 feet away.  The DJI rep told me to reinstall the firmware, which I did. It helped, but now I got out to about 1000 feet before having problems, which was sometimes complete signal loss. It never fixed the low flying signal issue. Under ideal condition, where I was out in the country with no other electronics nearby, I might get comparable distance as my other drone, the Mavic Air, sometimes.  I did notice, that the goggles tended to have the same signal problems at the same point as the Mavic Air.  However, the Mavic Air could always fly through the interference, sometimes, while the goggles attached to the Mavic 2 could not, complete signal loss. The Mavic 2, when not connected to the goggles, wouldn't show any problems at these points.

The final issue was the camera resolutions. I was unable to view the goggles in HD (1080) and keep 4K. The goggles turn the on board camera recording down to 1080 at 30 fps.  So forget 4K or even 1080 at 60 or 120 fps. Setting he goggles to 720 was suppose to resolve this issue.  The goggle view in 720 or even HD was horrible. Felt I was looking at a poor 640X480 video. I got a better view by just moving my head closer to the smart phone attached to my controller.

I think DJI has to do some serious firmware updates so that they work better with the Mavic 2 before I would recommend.  However, I think they might have to completly redesign the goggles to be more in line with the Mavic 2 technology. I could wait it out and hope that DJI does that fix. However, I purchased my goggles through Amazon, and they have a hassle free return policy for the first 30 days. I doubt that DJI was going to have a fix in the next 30 days.

2018-9-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-9-10 09:13
you still have to use a mobile device while using goggles....i thought i could ditch that buggy go 4 app and mobile device....no good...without mobile device...you are limited to beginner mode 100 foot high...150 foot distance ....and maps there are no maps in the goggles and no way to take Panorama images while using goggles....

connect your Mavic with your mobile device and goggles.... then you can turn off the mobile device and your drone will have full range available after that. after you turn off the drone it would need to be reconnected to your mobile device before the next flight in the same way. The Go 4 App unlocks your drone and this is true for P4P, Inspire 2 series too.

Hope that helps

Rich
2018-9-16
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-16 21:06
connect your Mavic with your mobile device and goggles.... then you can turn off the mobile device and your drone will have full range available after that. after you turn off the drone it would need to be reconnected to your mobile device before the next flight in the same way. The Go 4 App unlocks your drone and this is true for P4P, Inspire 2 series too.

Hope that helps

the main reason i bought the goggles was to lose the buggy "go4 app" to ditch the  mobile device getting my dji mavic pro and spark to connect to a mobile device is a nightmare....especially the Spark....when i bought these and found out i still had to connect the darn mobile device i almost cried....now more work to get in the air....who was the genius who designed these?
2018-9-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-9-18 04:00
the main reason i bought the goggles was to lose the buggy "go4 app" to ditch the  mobile device getting my dji mavic pro and spark to connect to a mobile device is a nightmare....especially the Spark....when i bought these and found out i still had to connect the darn mobile device i almost cried....now more work to get in the air....who was the genius who designed these?

I believe it appears that DJI uses the App to enforce the GEO fence and NFZ rules. It you start up your drone without connecting to the Go 4 App the drone will be limited. If you connect the App and then disconnect from the App your drone will be able to fly with full abilities.  Unfortunately this is the way it is right now.

Rich
2018-9-18
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-18 08:47
I believe it appears that DJI uses the App to enforce the GEO fence and NFZ rules. It you start up your drone without connecting to the Go 4 App the drone will be limited. If you connect the App and then disconnect from the App your drone will be able to fly with full abilities.  Unfortunately this is the way it is right now.

Rich

a smarter option would to have been to install the app in the goggles....who designs these? instead of making things easier...it requires extra steps...smh....
2018-9-18
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Compared to previous DJI products like the 1000 and 900, the Mav series is simple to get ready and fly. Perfect? No. Simple? Yes. Plug a smart phone in the holder, turn on the controller, turn on the Mav, click the GoApp, turn on the goggles...go fly...Not trying to be a jerk but I’ve seen a significant improvement in how easy it is to go fly and capture pics and video...I may be the lone wolf and am not without some bugs here and there but I gotta give them credit for where we are today....Anyone want to buy an S-1000 or 5?
2018-9-19
Use props
fans52910cac
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, I've read through all the posts and it's making me hesitate in purchasing the white goggles.  I have a great chance to buy a second hand white goggles at around $235 but don't want to see it go to waste if the range isn't there..  I normally get 4000 feet in distance near my neighborhood and would certainly hope the video feed would not be disturbed, but don't feel so confident.  Are you all still experiencing the lack of distance when using the white goggles with M2P?  Thanks.
2018-9-25
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

fans52910cac Posted at 2018-9-25 15:49
Hi everyone, I've read through all the posts and it's making me hesitate in purchasing the white goggles.  I have a great chance to buy a second hand white goggles at around $235 but don't want to see it go to waste if the range isn't there..  I normally get 4000 feet in distance near my neighborhood and would certainly hope the video feed would not be disturbed, but don't feel so confident.  Are you all still experiencing the lack of distance when using the white goggles with M2P?  Thanks.

I went as far as 1km and it was fine. Have not had a chance go further than that yet!
2018-9-26
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-6 18:19
Hello mberry72, Rich, Dennis and Glenn

Thanks for keeping us updated. For the issues you encountered with the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro, I have reported to our engineers to check and confirm. We'll come back as long as there is an update. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Susan,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Mavic 2 Pro
- Application version: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2 / Firmware: V01.00.0000

DJI Goggles RE
- DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 / Firmware: V01.00.0600

To recap the issue that many of us on this forum are experiencing, the Goggles RE edition disconnect from the Mavic 2 Pro after barley a few hundred feet away. I have refreshed at least 3 times and still have the same poor distance results.

Can you please officially tell us if this is a known issue and that DJI is working in it… or if we should return our Goggles for replacements? Please advise.

Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-26 17:06
Susan,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Hi Mavical, I've read your comments before and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1585561 Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-9-27
Use props
SimonUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi.  I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the RE Goggles.  I have updated all firmware but just get a timeout notice when trying to Link the drone to the goggles.  I have the updated ver of DJI Assistant.  However, I do note that there are different versions of DJI Assistant 2 on the Mavic site download and the RE Goggles site download.  As at now, I can't link the RE goggles at all. Can anybody please help?
2018-9-28
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

SimonUK Posted at 2018-9-28 04:21
Hi.  I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the RE Goggles.  I have updated all firmware but just get a timeout notice when trying to Link the drone to the goggles.  I have the updated ver of DJI Assistant.  However, I do note that there are different versions of DJI Assistant 2 on the Mavic site download and the RE Goggles site download.  As at now, I can't link the RE goggles at all. Can anybody please help?

there is 2 different assistant software . One is for goggles and other for mavic2 so you need both.
2018-9-29
Use props
jack9520
lvl.1

Turkey

That's great
2018-9-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-19 06:15
Compared to previous DJI products like the 1000 and 900, the Mav series is simple to get ready and fly. Perfect? No. Simple? Yes. Plug a smart phone in the holder, turn on the controller, turn on the Mav, click the GoApp, turn on the goggles...go fly...Not trying to be a jerk but I’ve seen a significant improvement in how easy it is to go fly and capture pics and video...I may be the lone wolf and am not without some bugs here and there but I gotta give them credit for where we are today....Anyone want to buy an S-1000 or 5?

Hi Dennis

Are your stock White DJI goggles still on the latest FW .500? I was just looking today and found a new version for the RE goggles. .700. the release notes do not say anything. I have updated them and hope to try them out soon.

Rich
2018-9-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-30 20:43
Hi Dennis

Are your stock White DJI goggles still on the latest FW .500? I was just looking today and found a new version for the RE goggles. .700. the release notes do not say anything. I have updated them and hope to try them out soon.

Hey Rich...yes, 500...I posted a video..I think under Goggles...and I got out about 2 1/4 miles before it started breaking up but my MP got 3 1/4 at a lower altitude...same location and destination. I ascended up to 400 ft to keep the Zoom connected so theres definitely something different about the Mav2. However, at another location closer to me, of course, I'm still only getting 3-4000 ft before it starts breaking the video feed. Much better than when we first started this conversation but they'll figure it out. Hope all is well Edit: Heres the link from yesterday https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D430%26typeid%3D430
2018-10-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-1 08:28
Hey Rich...yes, 500...I posted a video..I think under Goggles...and I got out about 2 1/4 miles before it started breaking up but my MP got 3 1/4 at a lower altitude...same location and destination. I ascended up to 400 ft to keep the Zoom connected so theres definitely something different about the Mav2. However, at another location closer to me, of course, I'm still only getting 3-4000 ft before it starts breaking the video feed. Much better than when we first started this conversation but they'll figure it out. Hope all is well Edit: Heres the link from yesterday https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D430%26typeid%3D430

Dennis
I have not been able to fly due to weather. Nut the new RE goggle FW added some tutorial info but there was no information provided in Assistant 2 software notes.

I watched your video on the link provided, I normally do not need to fly that far away. There are so many variables when talking about radio range. But I hope DJI gets this worked out. I do agree with you regarding my old Mavic Pro had better range then my new M2P however, things will improve with time.
I am getting much better range with my M2P than ice beginning.. you will recognize the lake shot
Rich

image1.png image2.png IMG_1222.PNG
2018-10-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:24
Dennis
I have not been able to fly due to weather. Nut the new RE goggle FW added some tutorial info but there was no information provided in Assistant 2 software notes.

Much better....as far as range, yea I dont "normally" need the longer range but I'm outside of Tahoe so the need is there for some shots as theres no roads to get there....I would be ecstatic if I could get the "4 mile" range as advertised. For example, I need to do a point of interest and circle shot with climbers on top of this Octopus looking peak. I need just a hair over 2.5 miles with good video feed cause I aint going to climb up there.....  BTW, pic is from my M2Z
2018-10-1
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

I also tried
2018-10-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-1 19:10
Much better....as far as range, yea I dont "normally" need the longer range but I'm outside of Tahoe so the need is there for some shots as theres no roads to get there....I would be ecstatic if I could get the "4 mile" range as advertised. For example, I need to do a point of interest and circle shot with climbers on top of this Octopus looking peak. I need just a hair over 2.5 miles with good video feed cause I aint going to climb up there.....[view_image]  BTW, pic is from my M2Z

Nice shot!...
Well after flying today, I do not have great news. Latest Go4 App .700 FW on my RE goggles and 2 flights. My Go4 app crashed while over the water and lost signal at about 3100 feet. So, I guess it is back to the drawing board for me. I think I will ground my Mavic 2 Pro for right now and check everything over. I might refresh the FW and try again.... but right now I am not happy…. really need to take a break

Rich
2018-10-2
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-2 16:14
Nice shot!...
Well after flying today, I do not have great news. Latest Go4 App .700 FW on my RE goggles and 2 flights. My Go4 app crashed while over the water and lost signal at about 3100 feet. So, I guess it is back to the drawing board for me. I think I will ground my Mavic 2 Pro for right now and check everything over. I might refresh the FW and try again.... but right now I am not happy…. really need to take a break

Soo..it’s while using the RE’s right? Is everything normal just flying with a pad/phone?
2018-10-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-2 16:36
Soo..it’s while using the RE’s right? Is everything normal just flying with a pad/phone?

I am not sure, because I do not fly the distance when only using the device (iPhone 8+)  I refreshed the FW tonight and downloaded my log files to be on the safe side. I will check it again tomorrow weather permitting.
Here is a screen shot showing the device (Go4 App) quitting on me over the water
Rich

IMG_1381.PNG

photo from this spot and another one after the App crashed downstream

IMG_1376.jpg IMG_1377.jpg
2018-10-2
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-2 20:33
I am not sure, because I do not fly the distance when only using the device (iPhone 8+)  I refreshed the FW tonight and downloaded my log files to be on the safe side. I will check it again tomorrow weather permitting.
Here is a screen shot showing the device (Go4 App) quitting on me over the water
Rich

The pics look much better than the map !!
2018-10-3
Use props
Mira54
lvl.1

Ukraine

Such a great news! Thanks!
2018-10-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-2 20:33
I am not sure, because I do not fly the distance when only using the device (iPhone 8+)  I refreshed the FW tonight and downloaded my log files to be on the safe side. I will check it again tomorrow weather permitting.
Here is a screen shot showing the device (Go4 App) quitting on me over the water
Rich

Rich..what device are you running the Go4 on with the RE's ? Asking because I have an iPad mini and noticed some breakup at a shorter range...I switched to an iphone 6 and got some longer range then  I went to an iPad and thats the device I was getting the 2+ miles on...just wondering out loud ...of course this was on the White goggles so not sure if it would make any difference with your's
2018-10-4
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

Tic tock, dji.... I'll buy some goggles when you update the firmware.  
2018-10-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-4 07:34
Rich..what device are you running the Go4 on with the RE's ? Asking because I have an iPad mini and noticed some breakup at a shorter range...I switched to an iphone 6 and got some longer range then  I went to an iPad and thats the device I was getting the 2+ miles on...just wondering out loud ...of course this was on the White goggles so not sure if it would make any difference with your's

Using the iPhone 8+  and this worked great with the old Mavic perfectly.  I will keep working on it and see if I can get better results.

Rich
2018-10-7
Use props
Geraldian
lvl.1

Germany

sounds great, thanks!
2018-10-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-7 18:31
Using the iPhone 8+  and this worked great with the old Mavic perfectly.  I will keep working on it and see if I can get better results.

Rich

I was out at Black Rock Desert yesterday and went out 3 miles with no issues on the white goggles and M2Z (not meaning to insult, but I think the M2 is susceptible to interference more than MP) .. heres a pic
2018-10-9
Use props
gamer100
New

United States

فروشگاه بازی
2018-10-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-9 09:23
I was out at Black Rock Desert yesterday and went out 3 miles with no issues on the white goggles and M2Z (not meaning to insult, but I think the M2 is susceptible to interference more than MP) .. heres a pic[view_image]

That is a stunning shot!  Thank you so much for sharing. I believe the new mavic 2 will continue to improve and I will let you know if I figure out something with my range.

Rich
2018-10-11
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had some strange issues with my Gen1 Goggles and the Mavic 2. When I updated firmware on the goggles, that went fine. I had to rebind the RC and goggles which was also fine. When flying it appears to work only on 2.4Ghz which is understood given the goggles only support this, however I found the reception to not be as good.
After the flight and changing batteries etc, this time flying with just RC and no goggles, I found the RC is stuck in 2.4Ghz only and the range/picture quality is not as good as before. I could not revert the RC back to 5.8Ghz in the DJI Go4 app at all, it would simply stay in 2.4Ghz. Lots of troubleshooting but in the end I had to rebind the RC to the AC without the goggles and finally I got back the 5.8Ghz option. Is this a bug or what?
2018-10-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

With the white or first gen Goggles why do you find a need to go to 5.8 with Mav?
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules