Mavic 2 is compatible with DJI Goggles series!
24546 207 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Because 2.4Ghz is noisy environment, picture becomes choppy. The point is the drone is stuck in 2.4Ghz even when goggles is not in use.
2018-10-15
Use props
djindu09
lvl.1

Algeria

It's impossible for me to get the .500 FW update.
I updated my goggles on and should be getting together with my friend that picked up my old goggles tomorrow as so as Dafont[/url]]Dafont 123Movies FileHippo .  If he can lone them back to me for a day, I will take the screenshot of the FW for you.
it will be resolved soon, I hope.

lea
2018-10-15
Use props
Devildog01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263924 ft

This is finally true after the firmware update. However, after watching the video of the goggles I bought both the RE and the regular wanting to share the experience. No go. Waiting on an update from DJI to make this happen. Waiting on the "two controller" function in order to utilize both sets of goggles. Would have been nice to know this BEFORE I made the purchase.
2018-10-15
Use props
Devildog01
lvl.1

mberry72 Posted at 2018-8-31 07:14
I can't seem to get the RE googles to work more than a couple of blocks with current firmware and I get video signal loss every time.     When I call DJI I get mixed messages.  Some tell me the firmware isn't out.  Others tell me that it's a known issue and to wait for a update.  Others don't seem to have a clue.

Any one else having these issue?  I within my return window and if these aren't going to work they need to go back.

No. I have a strong video with both the RE goggles and regular as long as the controller strength is good.
2018-10-15
Use props
Devildog01
lvl.1

John Hennesey Posted at 2018-8-31 16:10
DJI assistant 2 - it showed up on my screen without issue.  BUT, be warned...  we figured out why the reception went from 1,500 ft to 300 ft...  the goggles.  When they are on and I am 5 feet away from my son while he flies it - the range is poor.  We turned off the goggles and the range was better with the upgraded firmware.

Kind of a bummer if you want to fly and goggle at the same time.

I found almost the same thing. I changed the transmission stetting from HD to normal and get the range back.
2018-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-9 09:23
I was out at Black Rock Desert yesterday and went out 3 miles with no issues on the white goggles and M2Z (not meaning to insult, but I think the M2 is susceptible to interference more than MP) .. heres a pic[view_image]

Hi Dennis

I updated to the latest Mavic 2 FW and now my connection is solid with the RE goggles. I tested to almost 8000 feet in the same location without any glitches.  looks like I can rely on this drone now. But I will do some more testing. I do not need to go the distance very much, like you do.  

Hope all is well with you

Rich

edit: add map

IMG_1586.jpg
2018-10-15
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-15 19:53
Hi Dennis

I updated to the latest Mavic 2 FW and now my connection is solid with the RE goggles. I tested to almost 8000 feet in the same location without any glitches.  looks like I can rely on this drone now. But I will do some more testing. I do not need to go the distance very much, like you do.  

Glad to hear..now I have another issue to try and figure out...it's max altitude...we have a lot of mountain peaks and climbers plus soon to be skiers. In the Go4 theres a max altitude of 500M you can't override, Its from the point of takeoff. While I understand goofballs will go up in the stratosphere if allowed I need to use it on some footage and shots..especially right now with climbers...and I'm not a climber so hiking up to 8-10,000 feet isn't in my future....heres a peak as an example...I am at max altitude and can't get the top shot I need....got any ideas?
2018-10-16
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is gimbal head tracking available yet?  (M2P & RE Goggles).
2018-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-16 07:32
Glad to hear..now I have another issue to try and figure out...it's max altitude...we have a lot of mountain peaks and climbers plus soon to be skiers. In the Go4 theres a max altitude of 500M you can't override, Its from the point of takeoff. While I understand goofballs will go up in the stratosphere if allowed I need to use it on some footage and shots..especially right now with climbers...and I'm not a climber so hiking up to 8-10,000 feet isn't in my future....heres a peak as an example...I am at max altitude and can't get the top shot I need....got any ideas?[view_image]

I hear you and understand.... but DJI will not lift the restrictions. I have asked this same question before.  

I shot this one today in the foothills (1800 feet ish)  not as nice as your shot.....
Rich

IMG_1585.jpg
2018-10-16
Use props
Slushii
lvl.1

Hope it works with M2P.. Goggles arrived today
I only gonna sell them if i experience severe motion sickness
2018-10-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Slushii Posted at 2018-10-17 03:00
I only gonna sell them if i experience severe motion sickness

They take a little getting use to...take off, get to an altitude where you can hover then pull the goggles down..careful not to touch the right side menu patch....just slowly start flying forward and do slow turns. When I go to land I just get close then hover and pull the goggles up then visually land. Also get familiar with the F2 or back button under the goggles. If you accidentally swipe the menu pad just hit the button to get out of the menu on the screen. Once you get use to them you’ll use them almost every time....good luck.
2018-10-17
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136578 ft
Canada

Slushii Posted at 2018-10-17 03:00
I only gonna sell them if i experience severe motion sickness

it works beautifuuly with m2p. I rarely fly without them.
2018-10-20
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-16 07:32
Glad to hear..now I have another issue to try and figure out...it's max altitude...we have a lot of mountain peaks and climbers plus soon to be skiers. In the Go4 theres a max altitude of 500M you can't override, Its from the point of takeoff. While I understand goofballs will go up in the stratosphere if allowed I need to use it on some footage and shots..especially right now with climbers...and I'm not a climber so hiking up to 8-10,000 feet isn't in my future....heres a peak as an example...I am at max altitude and can't get the top shot I need....got any ideas?[view_image]

Same here, 500m is about 1600 feet, which is only up to halfway up this mountain, even when I hike as far up as I can go, without becoming a mountain climber, who I am trying to film. The mountina is over 3,000 feet high,at the lowest. I can't even get the to red sandstone line.
2018-10-21
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

covpack Posted at 2018-10-21 12:40
Same here, 500m is about 1600 feet, which is only up to halfway up this mountain, even when I hike as far up as I can go, without becoming a mountain climber, who I am trying to film. [view_image]The mountina is over 3,000 feet high,at the lowest. I can't even get the to red sandstone line.

Yes exactly! This is a serious issue for me and a lot of other people....
2018-10-21
Use props
yuft gtdr
lvl.1

Egypt

Same here
2018-10-23
Use props
fans88279822
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297956 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-10-21 13:29
Yes exactly! This is a serious issue for me and a lot of other people....

I know it is risky, but couldn’t you fly up the mountain as high as you can, find a safe place to land, land, and then take off again?  This would reset the max altitude because it is calculated from the point of takeoff.
2018-10-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans88279822 Posted at 2018-10-25 15:00
I know it is risky, but couldn’t you fly up the mountain as high as you can, find a safe place to land, land, and then take off again?  This would reset the max altitude because it is calculated from the point of takeoff.

Im dealing with rock climbers....the face of the rock itself is straight up...theres no place to land.
2018-10-25
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

Yeah I wish they would lift that max altitutude, but faa and transport canada have a height restriction. You can try to get special permission thru the dji go4 app?
2018-10-26
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Okay great,
Has there been any movement on the goggle /MP2 issue yet? Getting ridiculous, almost past my return window.
2018-10-29
Use props
victor101
lvl.2
Canada

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-29 08:37
Okay great,
Has there been any movement on the goggle /MP2 issue yet? Getting ridiculous, almost past my return window.

what issue? My mavic 2 pro and dji  goggles(white) are working great (aside from not being able to select smooth mode or fixed-wing mode option)!
2018-10-31
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

victor101 Posted at 2018-10-31 07:31
what issue? My mavic 2 pro and dji  goggles(white) are working great (aside from not being able to select smooth mode or fixed-wing mode option)!

The issue is with mavic 2 and dji goggles RE (black). A very short range. Sometimes 80 meters.
The white one works good (in terms of the range).
2018-10-31
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-29 08:37
Okay great,
Has there been any movement on the goggle /MP2 issue yet? Getting ridiculous, almost past my return window.

I guess I would return them while you still can and repurchase again when the issue has been solved, if it gets solved.
2018-10-31
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-31 08:53
I guess I would return them while you still can and repurchase again when the issue has been solved, if it gets solved.

Absolutely agree.
I am going to return my DJI Goggles RE. I still have a few days more before doing that.
Of course, I am waiting for DJI resolves this issue not later than in a week or so. If it does not - I definitely return the product and I will need to write the reason for doing that: "Item defective or doesn't work".
2018-10-31
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Missed mine by a day!!!! Now I’m stuck with the P.O.S. till it gets resolved. DJI?????
2018-10-31
Use props
fans2bb8a73c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94587 ft
Germany

All Firmware Updated with DJI Assistant 2: Yesterday
DJI Goggle RE/DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
I have the problems: 1st Cant activate smooth-mode for 720p with 60 fps, 2nd only TabFly and Active Track can be chose in FlyMode menue
Can i get here some help?
This is my first Problem, then i will test range.

2018-11-2
Use props
fansf02a27f2
New
United States

I received the newest goggles today for my Mavic 2 pro and they aren't even updated. When I download the assistant application to my PC it also fails to operate properly.
2018-11-11
Use props
fansf02a27f2
New
United States

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 9-1 16:39
Perhaps its shame on you for not reading user posts.  Is this first DJI product?  Android issues will be fixed in late 2017, don't you know.  They are doing theyre job, and the company is making boucoup dollars.  cry elsewhere..

God Bress,

Still not fixed ...so...yeah
2018-11-11
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group,

Has anyone come up with a workaround to bypass the wireless connection on the RE Goggles and link it directly through the USB hub with a cable on the Mavic 2 Pro’s RC?
2018-11-12
Use props
Patrick Conway
New

United States

Thriller Posted at 8-31 04:26
Good news... I am thinking to buy them.

Don't they are garbage and don't work properly.
2018-11-13
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Patrick Conway Posted at 11-13 21:29
Don't they are garbage and don't work properly.

Hey all,  Patrick is a silly guy and is happy with all his new gear!!  Once he got the bird in the air this evening, and tried the goggles, he has a grin from ear to ear!

Randy
2018-11-14
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad they made that work now
2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_mmeUgtLPfKso
New

Russia

Could I use two dji googles with mavic 2 zoom
I found out this option in googles menu for mavic pro (primary and secondary goggles ) but it doesn’t have for mavic2
2018-11-27
Use props
cramerph
New
United States

mberry72 Posted at 8-31 07:14
I can't seem to get the RE googles to work more than a couple of blocks with current firmware and I get video signal loss every time.     When I call DJI I get mixed messages.  Some tell me the firmware isn't out.  Others tell me that it's a known issue and to wait for a update.  Others don't seem to have a clue.

Any one else having these issue?  I within my return window and if these aren't going to work they need to go back.

If you have the RE goggles make sure you use the included antenna for the 5.8GHz extended range. Without it the 2.4Ghz is a shorter distance.  Also make sure the drone is configured to use both bands.
2018-11-29
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

DennisMurry08 Posted at 10-16 07:32
Glad to hear..now I have another issue to try and figure out...it's max altitude...we have a lot of mountain peaks and climbers plus soon to be skiers. In the Go4 theres a max altitude of 500M you can't override, Its from the point of takeoff. While I understand goofballs will go up in the stratosphere if allowed I need to use it on some footage and shots..especially right now with climbers...and I'm not a climber so hiking up to 8-10,000 feet isn't in my future....heres a peak as an example...I am at max altitude and can't get the top shot I need....got any ideas?[view_image]

I would like Terrain Follow mode as Mavic Pro. I think this way can be safer to over pass 500M
2018-11-29
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

I am wide open to trying any ideas that anyone has here on how to hard wire the two together…

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

still waiting for range issues to be fixed on mine...
2018-12-3
Use props
arso96
lvl.1

Algeria

Since the Goggles support 2.4 GHz only, I wonder if there's a way to keep the M2 from changing to the 5.8 GHz band?
2018-12-4
Use props
arso96
lvl.1

Algeria

I just figured out that the goggles RE work much better with an antenna screwed in. Still not perfect but much better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://appsync.biz/dafont/ https://downloader.vip/mapquest/ https://appsync.biz/filehippo/
2018-12-5
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

Still waiting here too. Sent logs from the goggles, controller and Mavic 2 to support today. "Rest assured that you will be notified as soon as we have updates."
2018-12-5
Use props
Jair Fonseca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2382 ft
United States

I would love to use the DJI Goggles but I get dizzy
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules