How do I connect OTG?
1946 11 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrpenguin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403875 ft
United States

Does the OTG cable go into the phone or remote?
2018-8-31
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Hi,
The OTG cable connects from the phone or tablet to the RC (remote controller) Both ends are micro USB.

Here is what worked for me:
1 - turn ON the AC (spark)
2 - turn ON the RC
3 - Wait for the green light on the RC
4 - Connect the OTG cable to the RC
5 - Connect the OTG cable to the Tablet or phone

Hope this help.
Cheers,
S.
2018-8-31
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
United States

My cable has a micro USB to full A, which goes on radio and which on phone?
2018-8-31
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

the otg cable goes to the remote. normal cable to phone.
2018-8-31
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

mrpenguin Posted at 2018-8-31 12:34
My cable has a micro USB to full A, which goes on radio and which on phone?

Hi,

You need 2 cables;
1) a OTG cable: female type A USB at one end, male micro USB at the other,
2) a standard USB cable; male type A at one end, male micro USB at the other.
The OTG cable goes to the RC, the standard USB cable to the phone, male and female type A connectors together.
S.
2018-8-31
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, I got it working with my iPad so I don't need to connect the WiFi every time.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date and OTG cable should be connected from your RC going to your mobile device. Ensure that the phone is an Android device as the OTG cable is only optimized for this type of device. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-31
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 16:44
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date and OTG cable should be connected from your RC going to your mobile device. Ensure that the phone is an Android device as the OTG cable is only optimized for this type of device. Thank you for the support.

DJI Tony, the iPad is working fine with OTG, and I take full responsibility for anything that happens.
2018-8-31
Use props
purduein98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103999 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 16:44
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date and OTG cable should be connected from your RC going to your mobile device. Ensure that the phone is an Android device as the OTG cable is only optimized for this type of device. Thank you for the support.

I just purchased a Spark and an OTG cable.  I can't get it to connect with my iphone 6S +.  Are you saying Apple devices aren't supported with OTG / Spark?
2018-8-31
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

purduein98 Posted at 2018-8-31 21:52
I just purchased a Spark and an OTG cable.  I can't get it to connect with my iphone 6S +.  Are you saying Apple devices aren't supported with OTG / Spark?

Hi Purduein98,

As far as I know, OTG is /officially/ supported by the Android version only. But if you search the forums here, you'll find out that some people got their Apple gear to work with OTG.
YMMV.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mrpenguin Posted at 2018-8-31 17:30
DJI Tony, the iPad is working fine with OTG, and I take full responsibility for anything that happens.

Hi, Thanks for your response. Hope that your concern can be sorted out for you to use the OTG cable. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

purduein98 Posted at 2018-8-31 21:52

Hi, Thanks for noticing us. As of the moment, the OTG cable is fully optimized with the Android devices only. I would recommend using a wi-fi for the mean time if you're using an iOS device. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules