Dirty on Arrival
2749 13 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

Got my new P3 Pro last week, and when I opened up the box, the brand new phantom wasn't clean !   Anyone seen this before?  Shame.
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3117.JPG
2015-5-28
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did you purchase it from?

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-28
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

Reseller in Canada
2015-5-28
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

An authorized DJI dealer? Or, just a reseller? Perhaps someone returned it and/or they gave it a test run. I believe DJI tests all of the Phantoms, but you'd think they would have noticed that before shipping it out.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-28
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Mine has a small amount of sticky residue at the end of one of the 4 arms, as if sticky tape was on there and then removed.  It came off pretty easily though by rubbing it, so not too worried.  Otherwise it looked pretty clean.
2015-5-28
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

Authorized dealer.  I already flew it around a few times so I've sort of accepted it too.
2015-5-28
Use props
shed14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6854 ft
Australia

Watch OUT for this!!
I bought mine from a dealer in LOS ANGELES and the shifty staff gave me a supposedly new phantom..

When i opened the box the phantom too was dirty and after more investigating i found that the controlller had no protective plastic, the rubber sides was dirty, and the battery
had no sticker on it (the one that explains how to turn it on) then the final dead give away was that there was an after market cable inside the box..

Within 30 mins of pickin it up i went back and told em about all the suspicious points, and they dismiss all of em and said that was normal.. i went online and had a look at an unboxing and saw all the things that was wrong with mine. I send the owner of the story a very long email expressing my anger that i paid full price for an unopened phantom and i got duped with an opened used phantom!

long story short they ended up making up a BullS--T excuses blah blah, and only after threatening to expose their crap on social media they finally gave me another unopend box..

so moral of the story is, make sure you check fully that the box has not been open.. starting from the first 2 round sticker on the outside of the box.. if they show sign that they been opened (like mine did ) make sure you dont accept it..  (as excited as you may be to take it home) youll end up with more dramas trying to proove that you didnt cause the dirt etc..

Im still waiting to collect my battery from this reseller but lets just say i wont be giving them any more of my money for their shifty acts!!!

2015-5-28
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Ken, sorry for this. Can you provide me the serial number? I'll report it, thank you.
2015-5-29
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

kenmasters Posted at 2015-5-29 12:07
Authorized dealer.  I already flew it around a few times so I've sort of accepted it too.

Was it an authorized re-seller in Mississauga? Mine came like this too (not the battery though) and smelled of oil.
2015-5-29
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

IMO, when you are making a local purchase, the dealer should open the box in front of the customer, demonstrate how to install the battery, propellers and remove the protective film over the lens. They should also check the calibration of the gimbal. A shop battery and controller can be used for the demonstration. Service sells!

Not sure that dealers know what customer service is anymore.

My photography shop owner rents DJI products out. When renting a unit from him he spends the time to ensure that you have at least basic skills to operate the unit. He wants repeat business, unlike some dealers that just sell at the lowest price. You've got a problem with what was purchased , they tell you to send it to the manufacturers facility.

I've spent thousands of dollars with him over the years due to his service. His prices are competitive with the New York guys, but he's not going to be the cheapest.

2015-5-29
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was also not there cleanest, i mentioned it on another forum at the time,  this is what i rote, mine was sealed in its box end everything as it should have been.

After checking everything over the first thing I noticed was how dirty some things seamed to be, the white lettering on the prop bag had brown marks in it, the phantom its self had adhesive in various places especially on the gimbal, The Radio is wrapped in the plastic like Apple use on there product but there was bits of dirt or packaging all stuck underneath, I just think if your spending this amount of money you would expect it to be clean, Am I being a bit fussy ? Most likely but first impressions are everything and its something I spotted rite away.
2015-5-29
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Thats not cool
2015-5-29
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-29 17:08
Ken, sorry for this. Can you provide me the serial number? I'll report it, thank you.

I've reported to my dealer already and DJI customer support.  Customer support was of no help.  Just said ummm that's not good, and that was it.
2015-6-8
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-29 17:48
Was it an authorized re-seller in Mississauga? Mine came like this too (not the battery though) and ...

Yes, it was.  I am thinking its not an isolated problem or related to the dealer.  The pkg was sealed too and came to me directly by mail.  
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules