Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Firmware Update Failed
12Next >
29159 44 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95d751d3
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

So I have a brand new M2P that I just took out of the box.  I saw that there was a firmware update so I attempted to update it from V00.06.0000 to V91.00.0000 using the DJI Assistant 2 app.  I followed the instructions included in the DJI firmware update video.  Initially, it made me update the no fly zone database twice.  Then I moved onto the firmware update.  At the very end, I got a message saying that the Update Failed.  I hit the retry button, it tried the update again, but it still failed.  I then tried rebooting the aircraft and starting over, but that attempt also failed.  After about 6 firmware update attempts, I'm ready to give up and send it back to DJI.  Has anyone had a similar issue or can offer advice on how to get the firmware to update successfully?  I hope everyone else has better luck.  

2018-8-31
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I had similar issues using the Assistant, went with the latest DJI Go4 (4.3.0 on iPhone 8) and all went smooth. I have also read some have had issues when using an earlier version of the Assistant, 2.0 or later is required. Pls note, Goggles wont work with 2.0.0 but will need 1.2.4 (so both needs to be installed)
2018-8-31
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Did you try to update the AC and the RC separately? Of not - try that.
2018-8-31
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I think DJI could have been more obvious what version is being required/used as the naming can be a bit confusing (lots of 2s). Right now the latest version you need for Mavic 2, is DJI Assistant 2, version 2.0.0: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-8-31
Use props
fans95d751d3
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

So, after not getting anywhere with DJI tech support, I downloaded and installed the latest DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0 app (per the above suggestion) and I was able to successfully update the firmware.  Apparently not all 2.0 versions of the app are the same.  There has to be some slight difference from what I had previously installed and the new version I installed (both were 2.0).  Also, FWIW, I did allow the app through the firewall on the PC.  So at least I now have the Firmware updated.  Now to get the Android phone to connect (tablet works, phone doesn't).  Thanks for you help team!
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're really sorry to hear about that. I would suggest uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2 and try to use different PC if the issue persists. Thank you.
2018-8-31
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Once again, it's called Assistant 2 for mavic.  It would help if DJI put a big note on the box or on the drone that you need this newer version of the software.  Also people should  stop using the name Assistant 2 and the version when referring to MP2.  The older software will not work and many keep trying.  This is the exact same thing DJI did with the P4 Vr 2.0, and same problems happened.   

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.0

I am not sure is this new software works with the older MPP or MP, but Assistant 2 does, also with Spark.

Paul C
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

paul2660 Posted at 2018-9-1 06:05
Once again, it's called Assistant 2 for mavic.  It would help if DJI put a big note on the box or on the drone that you need this newer version of the software.  Also people should  stop using the name Assistant 2 and the version when referring to MP2.  The older software will not work and many keep trying.  This is the exact same thing DJI did with the P4 Vr 2.0, and same problems happened.   

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.0

Hi, we're sorry about that. Actually, we have a new software for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2. As of the moment, the new software for DJI Assistant for Mavic will only work for Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-9-1
Use props
Dan_the_Chemist
lvl.1
United States

OMG -  no kidding.  WORST Out Of Box experience ever.    create this account,  create that account,  can we take all your data,  can we spy on you?    Download this.  OH,  it doesn't run.     I expect some problems with a brand new product.   But for $1500 I don't expect to be told to turn my head and cough...
2018-9-2
Use props
Dan_the_Chemist
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 15:42
Hi, we're really sorry to hear about that. I would suggest uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2 and try to use different PC if the issue persists. Thank you.

Holy crap.  Do you mean I have to HUNT for the right software?

assitant crashes.JPG
2018-9-2
Use props
Dan_the_Chemist
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 13:53
Hi, we're sorry about that. Actually, we have a new software for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2. As of the moment, the new software for DJI Assistant for Mavic will only work for Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you and have a safe flight.

Great.  You have a new software for DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.

Are you going to tell us where it is?   A link, for example?

And if the various Assistants are tied to different machines, then MAKE IT CLEAR in the name.  Something like:

Assistant_for_Mavic_2

And gee...  for $1500,  how about putting in a CD or SD card with all the software and video tutorials IN THE BOX?   Or if you feel the software and tutorials will be changing too fast,  how about a clear URL for owners?   
2018-9-2
Use props
flyguybda
lvl.1
United States

Dan_the_Chemist Posted at 2018-9-2 10:47
Great.  You have a new software for DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.

Are you going to tell us where it is?   A link, for example?

It's Tuesday September 4 2018and I can confirm I am still having the same issue you all had with the DJI Go 4 app. It successfully updated my controller firmware but it WILL not update the Aircraft firmware. When I click on the link to download the DJI Assistant 2 software file it wants to take 2 hours to download a 175MB file!!! What is going on DJI???
2018-9-3
Use props
fans7f56149d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

flyguybda Posted at 2018-9-3 21:24
It's Tuesday September 4 2018[view_image]and I can confirm I am still having the same issue you all had with the DJI Go 4 app. It successfully updated my controller firmware but it WILL not update the Aircraft firmware. When I click on the link to download the DJI Assistant 2 software file it wants to take 2 hours to download a 175MB file!!! What is going on DJI???

I'm getting this exact same message. But to be fair, it's a DJI product, so wasn't expecting it to be easy!

2018-9-4
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you go to the download link presented on DJIs website for the Mavic 2 product it takes you to the correct version of Assistant 2.

2018-9-4
Use props
flyguybda
lvl.1
Bermuda

fans7f56149d Posted at 2018-9-4 06:05
I'm getting this exact same message. But to be fair, it's a DJI product, so wasn't expecting it to be easy!

LOL! I contacted DJI support this morning and they advised me to re-install the DJI Go 4 App and it that doesn't work to use the DJI Assistant 2 software. I'll try both methods when I get back home and update.
2018-9-4
Use props
Dan_the_Chemist
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 13:53
Hi, we're sorry about that. Actually, we have a new software for the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2. As of the moment, the new software for DJI Assistant for Mavic will only work for Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you and have a safe flight.

I finally got the right software.   

SUGGESTION:    Call it Asst_for_Mavic_2

After an amazingly difficult time,  I finally got it all to work (more or less).    Man,  this machine is rock steady and the gimbal holds the camera amazingly steady.    It works so well that I might eventually get over the pain of the unboxing and setup.   

Now if I could just get it to shut up about updating the no-fly zones every time I try to use it.   I try, it claims to succeed, and then the next time it does it again.    What makes it more frustrating is that I live in Appalachia and the nearest no-fly zone is 50 miles from me.      The only "bad idea to fly over" zone near me is Harmon's still in the next holler over,  and that ain't on your maps.   
2018-9-4
Use props
fans06cddd2e
lvl.1

Hungary

Do you have any success with the upgrade?
I could upgrade the controller, but the aircraft upgrade is a mission impossible for me. The assistant does not working (not see the aircraft, while the pc see the storages).
The GO4 software messeage: network disconnected.
I am very disappointed.
2018-9-5
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-8-31 07:17
I think DJI could have been more obvious what version is being required/used as the naming can be a bit confusing (lots of 2s). Right now the latest version you need for Mavic 2, is DJI Assistant 2, version 2.0.0: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

That was it, had and old Assistant.   Uninstall the old Assistant and then  download the new Assistant 2 and install and wale.   I think that's how you spell wala??

2018-9-5
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

See Rblomqvist post, 3rd on the list.   Will take you to DJI software download site.   Make  sure you uninstall you old version of Assistant, which mine wasn't that old but the new version just came on 8/23.  Then download and install the current assistant.  Up date drone first then controller.  I was having issues with the controller with to older version of Assistant.

Worked for me.... Hope you all have good luck...
2018-9-5
Use props
Krimz88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38314 ft

I've tired all of the above and have not been able to successfully update the firmware. I've even tried on 2 computers as recommended above.

Am I the only one?
2018-9-8
Use props
fansa07eeadc
New

United Kingdom

No your not, I've tried everything to update, got nowhere, tried android/apple and pc via assistant 2 and nothing g, DJI tech support really sucks, £1500 refund coming my way
2018-9-8
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 2018-9-5 22:29
That was it, had and old Assistant.   Uninstall the old Assistant and then  download the new Assistant 2 and install and wale.   I think that's how you spell wala??

Actually it's viola...
2018-9-8
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

holy cow ... how come this thing is so hard to update, tried everything no luck.. damn... no the battery is less then 50%  ... So i have to wait and cool off...
2018-9-19
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

update the remote went fine..but the bird is still  0.6 .. I used DJI assist 2 for mavic  
2018-9-19
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I tried updating with my samsung s7 no luck, then i tried DJI assist 2 for mavic ...20 times or so...no luck. After that i tried with my ipad mini... and yes !!! updated
2018-9-19
Use props
Pieter VA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1798 ft

Hi All,

I have updated the remote control and fly save map with the app go 4 on my samsung S9.
But I can't update the AC with the app. Due to the connection failure reported in this thread.
I have installed the Assistant 2 for Mavic on 2 windows PC's.
But the program does not detect the AC on USB. I can't even get to the stage of selecting the right FW.
So I'm stuck at the moment. Any help would be appreciated...
2018-9-25
Use props
Maple Delight
New

United Kingdom

Hi. Is it safe to fly the mavic 2 straight from the box without updating firmware. Dji already trashed my phantom 3 pro with terrible firmware problems and I could do without the hassles.
2018-9-28
Use props
Maple Delight
New

United Kingdom

Wouldn't update firmware at all on Samsung galaxy s7 on dji go4. Connected it to iPad and perfect firmware update... pheeew
2018-9-28
Use props
Pieter VA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1798 ft

Pieter VA Posted at 2018-9-25 10:25
Hi All,

I have updated the remote control and fly save map with the app go 4 on my samsung S9.

Hi, found the problem. Issue was with Windows 8. Drivers for Assistant didnt install. You can find the steps needed in the forum if you search for windows 8 driver issue
2018-10-2
Use props
djiuser_np5uiZBeQqNP
New
United States

DL the new app from the link and still getting the same results from 3 diffrent android device,  samsung galaxy 8+,samsung tablet and Motorola turbo......what gives?
2018-10-14
Use props
fans7e400868
New
Flight distance : 45174 ft

Still can't get this updated. Bleeding hack. Fed up trying. I don't have time for this. Some hobby this
2018-10-18
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Dangerousdavekincaid Posted at 2018-9-5 22:29

It's actually spelled "voilà" :-)
Following this thread for the same reasons as all of you.
Couldn't update Mavic 2 FW/RC through DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung GS7, but it seems to work on a recent iPad Mini.
2018-10-19
Use props
rostvoorB
New
Iceland

I had exactly the same problem untill today.
I tried everything like changing phones, connect other wifi, networks, few laptops to install assistant2, few mobiles with go4.
My last idea was about network failure because of some firewalls, software bugs. You know what helped?
I just used my mobile like wifi router for my desktop, on my desktop i turned on VPN ( had some experience with chineese servers) and... it smoothly download all data and quite fast. I was able to update firmware on mavic 2 few hours ago, after long fight with the issues.
But the really bad thing is (yes, it is huge complaint) that nobody from DJI support has answered my few emails with this problem. No advice, no help. Nothing!
It's not how it supposed to be, guys from DJI!
I hope, if not DJI, then maybe users themselves would be able to help eachother.
2018-11-18
Use props
fans80a37906
New

United Arab Emirates

flyguybda Posted at 9-3 21:24
It's Tuesday September 4 2018[view_image]and I can confirm I am still having the same issue you all had with the DJI Go 4 app. It successfully updated my controller firmware but it WILL not update the Aircraft firmware. When I click on the link to download the DJI Assistant 2 software file it wants to take 2 hours to download a 175MB file!!! What is going on DJI???

I got this error with my Samsung note 8.
I found that by switching from my 2.4 Ghz wifi connection to 5Ghz helped. It would download about 40% and then crash again. Restarting RC, AC and app did not help.
I know it actually downloaded part of the firmware because I saw it in the cache (firmware cache).
Clearing it and trying again would download 40% and crash again.

Eventually I connected my AC to my laptop via Assistant 2 for Mavic.

It saw the AC and downloaded to 99% then failed.
Restarted the Assistant 2 for mavic, it downloaded, transmitted , and updated.

This is utterly and most completely ridiculous.

I should not have to hunt ways and waste A LOT of time to simply upgrade firmware.

We paid a lot of money. The firmware upgrade and related services should be seamless.

I have half the mind to return this AC.

And I will most certainly not recommend it to friends.

My friends are not as tech savvy as me. And they value my opinion.
Therefore me recommending this drone to them, knowing how they will struggle, will diminish my integrity.

Terrible.

Just utterly terrible.
2018-12-5
Use props
ssmmtt
lvl.4
Canada

guys update problem is android it will not going to until that bug fixed but dji assit... work ok i did my RC and AC both with assistant 2https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads with no problem make sure both rc and ac  morthan 50%  jucie left or it will not start update also concet ur rc or ac first to computer wait for download drivers once done then open assistant2 and should have no problem here is link for assintant2

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

2018-12-7
Use props
djiuser_1pQMA8m4v5YZ
New
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 8-31 07:07
I had similar issues using the Assistant, went with the latest DJI Go4 (4.3.0 on iPhone 8) and all went smooth. I have also read some have had issues when using an earlier version of the Assistant, 2.0 or later is required. Pls note, Goggles wont work with 2.0.0 but will need 1.2.4 (so both needs to be installed)

why hasn't someone said you need to buy a new iphone before buying mp2?
I like android and my pc
2018-12-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_1pQMA8m4v5YZ Posted at 12-10 15:50
why hasn't someone said you need to buy a new iphone before buying mp2?
I like android and my pc

I was able to update using my Win7 pc.  I've also managed to update using an Android device, well, two actually.  I used a Blackberry Priv which is an android phone and have now moved to a Samsung Tab A - larger screen.

You might want to try a different cable or another usb port on your computer.  And you are using the DJI computer program for the Mavic 2 devices.  From reading, some folks have gotten the one intended for Mavic 1 (ONE) devices.

2018-12-10
Use props
Aluminum13
lvl.1
United States

I am still having a bear of a time updating my 2 pro. I just bought it and have not flown it yet and very new to this system. I will be looking for some videos to help out but this is frustrating.
2018-12-13
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

I just updated my M2P received yesterday,
assistant 2 worked well
2018-12-15
Use props
fans857bad9d
New

United States

So I just received my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller, fly more accessories and bought insurance.  $2400 later I can’t the latest firmware installed on the drone.  This controller is the newest and greatest straight from DJI.  What gives.  I just bought $2400 worth of paper weights.  It gives me an error message stating that the firmware update can’t be completed because of no network connection.  It’s connected just fine as it just spent 20 minutes downloading the firmware from my WI-FI connection.  If this is the best they have, I’ll just stick with my Phantom 4 Pro.  What a piece of crap DJI.  You spend this much money for a box full of headaches.  Fix it or refund my money...
2019-1-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules