Mavic Air - Activation failed, Network error !
6694 11 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans94484ff8
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a brand new factory sealed Mavic Air fly more combo on Ebay.  After unboxing, I tried to activate using DJI GO4, but it's giving me a error message, "Activation Failed-Network Error". I reinstalled the app, rebooted router, and used cell data as told by DJI tech support. But nothing works. The tech support promised me to call me back regarding this, but no one did. I messaged DJI Susan about this issue, but she is not responding AT ALL. Can anyone else from DJI help me to solve this? The serial number is 0K1CF623AF1P4C. It could be related to BAD SERIAL # according to other discussion. Thank you for your help in advance !

2018-8-31
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

I have bad news for U. Search similar topics here.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience. Just want to clarify if you still facing the issue?
2018-9-4
Use props
fans94484ff8
lvl.1

I had to return it because of activation failure. Thanks.
2018-9-4
Use props
Ryan27
New
Flight distance : 646066 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. Will not activate. Have sent two messages to DJI, and spent an hour on chat with zero help. This mavic 2 pro is way too expensive to just be sitting here wasting my time.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ryan27 Posted at 11-8 14:16
I am having the same issue. Will not activate. Have sent two messages to DJI, and spent an hour on chat with zero help. This mavic 2 pro is way too expensive to just be sitting here wasting my time.

Ryan, I have just replied your another post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-99208-6-1.html
Please keep us updated in one thread, we will keep following up, thank you.
2018-11-8
Use props
moluccensis
New

Australia

In case anyone reads this - I'm going to resurrect it with my 'solution'. I have a new Mavic 2 (the hasselbladh one), and got the dreaded 'activation failed - network error' message. Reading these forums made me think it was bricked and I'd have to send it back to DJI.

Here's what I tried (without results): updating the firmware through DJI GO 4, delete the app, restart phone (iPhone X), reinstall app, try to activate again. Wait an hour (!). Chatted to tech support for a couple of hours, they suggested a system upgrade may be the cause, wait 24 hours ad try again (!!). Now it may be veering into tinfoil hat territory, but I don't really believe the system upgrade excuse, seems they throw that around a lot, so not sure that was the issue either?

Here's what I did that worked
: Connected to DJI Assistant 2 - updated to the latest firmware (even though DJI Go4 said it was already up to date). Re-ran the activation process through DJI GO 4 App, this time not choosing the name the app suggested (which has a -) in it, instead renamed simple single word name. Boom - it worked! Not sure what it was, updating through a desktop app, or changing the name, but either way it connected and I'm activated. Hopefully this works for someone else too!
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_3lVOpXAp7J9S
lvl.1

Same happened with my mavic air
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_5kttvotrqD6p
New
Canada

Anyone have a solution? I’m currently having this issue and waiting for the DJI “engineers” to get back to me. What a joke
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_5kttvotrqD6p Posted at 3-26 19:45
Anyone have a solution? I’m currently having this issue and waiting for the DJI “engineers” to get back to me. What a joke

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been fixed, please try again, thank you.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_N2d9isD4rcNE
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-4 11:40
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience. Just want to clarify if you still facing the issue?

I am having issues with the activation of my mavic air 2.
2020-5-26
Use props
fans893bc4e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35108 ft
Belgium

Hello, I changed the imu on an dji mavic air 1. With the dji go4 I receive the image and screen, it pops up for a few seconds and directly I received the message I must activate the drone, trying it I gives the message activation failed. It seems the mavic air must be disactivated before. I tried with the dji assistant 2 to set up to factory settings and so on. But it sill stay the same problem. Who can give me a suggestion? Regards, Rudi
597504AC-CE1B-4B49-AF2E-20085C4FC8EF.png
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules