Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
End of life of several DJI products and you may surprise
3594 16 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I have read article here: https://dronedj.com/2018/08/31/end-of-life-mavic-pro-platinum-phantom-3-4-osmo-dji/amp/ i believe next year will be end for Mavic Air too and also we will have new generation of drones. What do you think?
2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

From the linked story:

In a memo (dated August 30th) to retailers, DJI announces the End of  Life for the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Mobile,  Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Even though this version of the memo  is in Chinese, we have been able to confirm the existence of the  document with retailers here in the U.S.

Figures.  Mavic Pro Platinum line is less than year old, and already headed for oblivion.  

Had mine 213 days, and its already Buh Bye.

2018-8-31
Use props
Markus_M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117582 ft
Germany

Hello, what does end-of-life exactly mean? Can‘t buy anymore, but still service and repair for several years?
2018-8-31
Use props
Markus_M
lvl.3
Germany

Hello, what does end-of-life exactly mean? Can‘t buy anymore, but still service and repair for several years? Thank you, regards, Markus
2018-8-31
Use props
nnote
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

End of life? My MP was end of life about 5 months ago with the horrible DJIGO updates. Please tell me it's not gonna be left like this.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for bringing this topic with us. Don't worry. This is not true unless we announce it on our website. We will still continue to operate Mavic Air and other models that is listed above. For more information and updates, please visit our website. Thank you and have a nice day.
2018-8-31
Use props
Alex Batalov
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that end of life simply means that DJI won’t make new ones but they will of course still support them.

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-8-31
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Natalia.  How long before you (DJI) announce it and make it official?
2018-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With some companies it means it will stop getting updates etc.
2018-8-31
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Vietnam

I did not know exactly, but i want to raise here for all pilots give your idea. From my opinion, may be they will stop producing them but still give support for repairing, and updating may be.
2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

nnote Posted at 2018-8-31 11:24
End of life? My MP was end of life about 5 months ago with the horrible DJIGO updates. Please tell me it's not gonna be left like this.

End of Life (EOL) is commonly used (in U.S.) to mean a product will no longer be made, will no longer be supported (no more fixes, patches, updates etc), and no more spare parts will be made (get'em while you can).  As to whether EOL product will still be serviced / repaired by manufacture, that varies.  Sometimes service / repairs are done for a while inhouse, then turned over to 3rd-party.  Parts availability being a big factor on continued service / repairs.

Be a lot more comforting for owners, if memo shown was written with EOS (End of Sales); instead of EOL.

2018-8-31
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.1

Might be scare tactics to go for the new Mavics, but, I am also glad I ordered the Zoom instead of going for Air.
2018-8-31
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Markus_M Posted at 2018-8-31 11:07
Hello, what does end-of-life exactly mean? Can‘t buy anymore, but still service and repair for several years?

No longer supported as they bring out new models to the fleet. Lets hope they provide stable FW before they stop supporting. Then again, unless it's a critical UD or a release / improvement to existing features then stay with the FW you know works.
2018-8-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 09:53
From the linked story:

In a memo (dated August 30th) to retailers, DJI announces the End of  Life for the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Mobile,  Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Even though this version of the memo  is in Chinese, we have been able to confirm the existence of the  document with retailers here in the U.S.

They discontinued the original P4 in 8 months and the Obsidian in 10 months. Yet my Inspire 1 V2 has been on the market for nearly three years and the X3 camera for nearly four years but you can still buy one brand new today. I think it all comes down to demand but all Mavic's and Phantom's are consumer products so will evolve at a more rapid pace and are upgraded sooner making the previous models less relevant - bit like iPhones Vs iMac's I guess. The M2P/Z will be old news in six months...
2018-9-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Markus_M Posted at 2018-8-31 11:07

Production has stopped meaning new-old-stock purchase only but accessories and servicing will still continue - you just can't buy one from DJI.com as the basically don't make it anymore.
2018-9-1
Use props
Markus_M
lvl.3
Germany

Thank you all. Think I got a picture now. Regards, Markus
2018-9-1
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain