Nice surprise with new Ronin-S Firmware (and Nikon D850)
8347 19 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have just updated my Ronin-S with the new Firmware: v 1.4.0.30 and after connecting my Nikon D850 I had a nice surprise!!!

The D850 (when connected with the cable) no longer enters in "PC" mode but remains fully operational so it is possible to change all parameters even when connected to the Ronin.

Now with D850:
Focus follow is working
Is also possible to tap on the monitor to select point of focus
Start and stop recording is working
Take a picture is working
Is possible to manage the D850 and change the parameters/setup when the camera is connected to Ronin-S.

Next step (but this is Nikon side) allow the focus peeking also in autofocus mode.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ToscanaDrone, thanks for your feedback and sharing, we will keep improving the compatibility of Ronin-S with the cameras, enjoy shooting.
2018-9-3
Use props
Istrian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2051860 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-3 02:29
Hi ToscanaDrone, thanks for your feedback and sharing, we will keep improving the compatibility of Ronin-S with the cameras, enjoy shooting.

Follow focus on my D850 doesn't work, with latest Ronin firmware camera is no more locked in the pc mode, but still can't get focus wheel to work. The led on focus wheel lights green, camera and lens (24-120) are in autofocus mode, but nothing. Autofocus and start/stop buttons work, so I don't know what the hell is the problem. Camera firmware is 1.02
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_DDLL
lvl.2
Mauritius

Istrian Posted at 2018-9-3 04:27
Follow focus on my D850 doesn't work, with latest Ronin firmware camera is no more locked in the pc mode, but still can't get focus wheel to work. The led on focus wheel lights green, camera and lens (24-120) are in autofocus mode, but nothing. Autofocus and start/stop buttons work, so I don't know what the hell is the problem. Camera firmware is 1.02

Hi Toscana Drone,

Thanks for sharing . Had my Ronin S back for replacement due to bluetooth problem, DJI says shipping it back asap.. I greatly appreciate your post,  the new firmware update  gives me hope that these problems are just  teething ones and that the future might be brighter.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Istrian Posted at 2018-9-3 04:27
Follow focus on my D850 doesn't work, with latest Ronin firmware camera is no more locked in the pc mode, but still can't get focus wheel to work. The led on focus wheel lights green, camera and lens (24-120) are in autofocus mode, but nothing. Autofocus and start/stop buttons work, so I don't know what the hell is the problem. Camera firmware is 1.02

Hi there, may I verify if the settings are correct?
1. Please ensure live view on camera stays on when used with Ronin-S;
2. When connected with MCC-B cable, the built-in dials and buttons on camera will be locked;
3. To pull focus with Ronin-S, please set the lens focus mode to M/A, and make sure the camera focus mode is set to AF.
4. Gimbal's range of motion might be restricted when a longer lens is mounted, please setup the gimbal's control Endpoints and SmoothTrack parameters to avoid unintentional collision of equipments.
2018-9-4
Use props
fans4bab3129
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cant wait to finish work, get home and update to 1.4.0.30, it was so annoying to lose all control of the camera... just FP on auto mode to go!
2018-9-4
Use props
fans4bab3129
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just got home, updated, and as promised, the ginbal now works as I would want!! Brilliant! Only issue is the firmware update killed all my presets
2018-9-4
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.2

Is there new update for dji ronin s?
2018-9-4
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-4 02:10
Hi there, may I verify if the settings are correct?
1. Please ensure live view on camera stays on when used with Ronin-S;
2. When connected with MCC-B cable, the built-in dials and buttons on camera will be locked;

2 - with the latest firmware when the camera is connected with mcc-b cable all the buttons and dials are fully working .
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-9-4 14:52
2 - with the latest firmware when the camera is connected with mcc-b cable all the buttons and dials are fully working .

Glad to know that, please let us know if there is any other issue.
2018-9-7
Use props
dbthump
lvl.1
United States

I just got my S on Thursday, my first DJI product, and lacking button functionality when plugged in was such a bummer.  This update is such a cool surprise tonight.  Well done DJI.  
2018-9-7
Use props
fansa1fc5fee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21067005 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been reading the functionality issues with the ronin s and the d850. I am finally ready to make the purchase but want to have full function of the gimbal. So is it true that with this firmware the pclock is open to adjust parameters when connected?
2018-10-15
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fansa1fc5fee Posted at 2018-10-15 17:19
I have been reading the functionality issues with the ronin s and the d850. I am finally ready to make the purchase but want to have full function of the gimbal. So is it true that with this firmware the pclock is open to adjust parameters when connected?

Yes is true!
2018-10-15
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everyone! I'm replying to this thread as I'm new to the DJI Ronin/Nikon world. I used to use the DJI OSMO - I had sold it and I'm planning on getting the Ronin S. I've been researching compatibility and have been reading some (on Reddit) that Ronin S-Nikon D850 doesn't work well together, and then I found this thread and I'm reading that it does.

I rented a DJI Ronin S instead to play and test with my Nikon D850.

The firmware on the Ronin is 1.4.0.30, the firmware on my Nikon D850 is 1.02.

I was able to balance my camera with the Ronin but when I used the connector usb, the live view on my Nikon closed up and I couldn't turn live view on (camera is still on). Is there a custom function that I need to set up so that I can make this to work? Do I need to update the Nikon D850 firmware too?

Looking forward to getting more info on this. Thank you!
2018-11-21
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

cdizzzle Posted at 11-21 11:36
Hello everyone! I'm replying to this thread as I'm new to the DJI Ronin/Nikon world. I used to use the DJI OSMO - I had sold it and I'm planning on getting the Ronin S. I've been researching compatibility and have been reading some (on Reddit) that Ronin S-Nikon D850 doesn't work well together, and then I found this thread and I'm reading that it does.

I rented a DJI Ronin S instead to play and test with my Nikon D850.

Did a few more experiments and I've gotten my Nikon D850 to be connected to the Ronin-S via the mcc-b cable to allow for live view. I can also start/stop recording on the Ronin and can pull focus using the focus knob on the Ronin!

Ronin firmware 1.4.30, D850 firmware 1.02. After trying out a few things that I thought would make it work, what did it for me was to connect cable, turn on Ronin, turn on camera, then half press shutter button
2018-11-21
Use props
Marc Lamey
New
  • >>>
France

It effectively work now on my D850 but I've a D810 that I was planing to use  with the Ronin S updated and the Nikon D810 at his latest update, and the Liveview issue is the same as before for the D810; Did someone knows if and when it will be fixed ? I'm using the D850 for photography (No need of the Ronin) and the D810 for video..  
2019-1-3
Use props
Marc Lamey
New
  • >>>
France

It effectively work now on my D850 but I've a D810 that I was planing to use  with the Ronin S updated and the Nikon D810 at his latest update, and the Liveview issue is the same as before for the D810; Did someone knows if and when it will be fixed ? I'm using the D850 for photography (No need of the Ronin) and the D810 for video..  
2019-1-3
Use props
Erick Cedano
New

United States

Cool that the Ronin S now supports the Nikon D850, but in reality most people will use for video a prior model they use.  In my case I am waiting to purchase because I need the focus ring to work either on a Nikon D810 or a D7200 which I use for video.  My D850 is strictly used for photography with much heavier lenses.  Is there any ETA on development for a firmware update supporting focus for the D810 or D7200?  Any developers here? - Thanks for any info.
2019-4-5
Use props
Juno_Works
lvl.1
India

Hi All ,

I have Ronin S and NIkon D850, best combination ever, but im facing problem in focus

Firstly my focus on ronin with my D850 isn't working, it used to work but now its not, i don't know why,

secondly my D850 firmware is 1.03 and DJI Ronin S is on 1.8.0.70 as per Ronin App,

But when i connect to DJI Assistant it says update to 1.8.0.70 Firmware.

Can anyone resolve the focus issue im facing? rest everything is Amazing.
2019-5-25
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, please can I check that you definitely don't have your camera going into PC mode when using the mcc-b cable? I'm on a Nikon D5 (which is also on the DJI compatible D850) and despite doing this firmware update it's still goes into PC mode. I'd be grateful if you could reply please.
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules