Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
connecting DJI Goggles to Mavic 2 Zoom (and a couple other questi...
14905 35 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2
Flight distance : 508652 ft

hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has had any success connecting a set of DJI Goggles to the mavic 2? The only instructions out there are for the mavic pro (although I had tech support confirm that the instructions are the same for mavic pro and mavic 2). Here are the things I've tried:
1)Connecting through settings menu, linking options > choosing mavic pro > quick connection > and then pressing the linking button on the drone. this did not work at all
2) I tried the same method as above but chose phantom 4 pro 2.0 in the menu instead of mavic pro. this method connected but no live view.
3) I pressed the FN button on the goggles with a paper clip, then the linking button on the drone. this also connected, but no live view.

I spent about an hour chatting with tech support for a second time last night and ended up not figuring anything out and sending the problem of to DJI Developers. Now I'm waiting and hoping to hear back with a solution soon.

A couple things about my setup. I'm using original DJI Goggles (not RE), mavic 2 zoom (drone, controller and goggles updated to the most recent FW) and an IPad Mini 4 tablet running the most recent IOS update and most recent version of DJI Go 4. Also I should mention that on the second 2 methods that did connect but with no live view, everything else seemed to be working. I enabled head tracking gimbal and moved the goggles around and the gimbal on the drone DID respond. so it seems like everything but the live view works. I tried changing modes between, smooth, HD and normal, all with no success.

Hopefully someone here will have had some success, I really want to get these things working!

Now for my "other questions", The specs on the zoom advertise having 2x optical and 2x digital lossless zoom when recording FHD video. I've tried zooming pretty much every video mode and only get the 2x optical. anyone know how to take advantage of the extra 2x digital zoom?
I was under the impression that the mavic 2 would have a waypoint mode, like the mavic pro but the only mention of waypoints I can find is in hyperlapse. Did DJI do away with waypoints?
and lastly, in the literature about Hyperlapse, there is mention of a task library but I can't seem to find that either. anyone know where to find that?
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2

Thank you very much! I had it backwards. I thought it needed to be in 4k to use the digital zoom, not 1080p. good to know! as far as the firmware, I installed the most recent one as of 08/28/2018, maybe they just released a new one, because i definitely don't have an option for Mavic 2. I will go check on that. thanks again!
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineerings are currently working on the new firmware of DJI Goggles (White) to add support for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. We will release it soon so please stay tuned. Thank you and have a nice day.
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 11:01
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineerings are currently working on the new firmware of DJI Goggles (White) to add support for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. We will release it soon so please stay tuned. Thank you and have a nice day.

Thank you very much! That's good to know. Is there an estimated date as to when that FW will be released?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje Posted at 2018-8-31 11:58
Thank you very much! That's good to know. Is there an estimated date as to when that FW will be released?

Hi, I do apologize. However, as of the moment, we don't have estimated date on when we will release the latest firmware of the DJI Goggles. Please stay tuned.
2018-8-31
Use props
marcus.mkeeler
lvl.1
  • >>>

It's a bit of a low Blow by DJI. When I purchased my Mavic 2 I made the point of asking the online sales person to confirm the white goggles would work and they said they would, immediately.  Now they sit here, brand new, useless.
2018-9-1
Use props
Mclovin 1971
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228990 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-31 10:18
I assume you have the white goggles?

If so you need goggle firmware 1.04.0500 or later.  Install the latest DJI Assistant from the DJI Goggle Support Page, thenbconnect your goggles & make sure you are running 1.04.0500 or later.

That version of FW is not available yet. (as of 9/1/18)
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2

marcus.mkeeler Posted at 2018-9-1 06:02
It's a bit of a low Blow by DJI. When I purchased my Mavic 2 I made the point of asking the online sales person to confirm the white goggles would work and they said they would, immediately.  Now they sit here, brand new, useless.

Yea I’m really kinda upset about this. I bought my goggles about a month ago in anticipation of the Mavic 2. You would think they would have this update out before releasing a product that’s supposed to be compatible. Especially since it appears they’ve released the update for the racing edition already. I can’t believe the 2 goggles would have significantly different firmware since all they need to do is add an option for mavic 2 in the link menu.

It also kinda kinda seems tech support just makes stuff up as they go sometimes, like you being told that the white goggles will work and me spending 3 hours on the tech support chat trying to figure out how to get them connected only to find out later that night on a forum that they haven’t even released the FW. Shouldnt tech support know thints like that? Or at least have means of looking it up? Definitely would have saved me a few hours in a chat room.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2

I just wanted to and one more thing, I just got done trying a wired connection to see if that was any different. and I had the same exact problem. connected but no live view. even worse since in order to do a wired connection you have to use the goggles in place of your phone/tablet,  I'm sure if connected through the HDMI it would mirror my screen just fine but there's no way to connect an HDMI device (for me anyway) since there's no port on the RC and the adapter for my ipad would need to plug in place of the connection to the RC, so that obviously wouldn't work, this all seems not very well thought out on the part of DJI, which I kinda hate to say since I love most of their products.
2018-9-1
Use props
Arcticman141
New
Flight distance : 1627 ft
United States

Super glad someone got answers to this as the internet searching for help was unsuccessful!  As long as the FW update will be coming, thats better than no at all. But yeah, super disappointing that we purchase a piece of equipment with the assurance that it works with the Mavic 2, and come to find out that it doesn't.....yet!  Guess it gives me time to practice flying with the video from phone before I can slap the goggles on someone to show how awesome this drone is.  It is awesome right?
2018-9-1
Use props
fans9af54f79
lvl.2
  • >>>

Embarrassing that the first DJI employee in this thread was unaware that the white goggles are currently incompatible with Mavic 2 pending an unreleased firmware update.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_O4rcnJh791t0
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-31 10:18
I assume you have the white goggles?

If so you need goggle firmware 1.04.0500 or later.  Install the latest DJI Assistant from the DJI Goggle Support Page, thenbconnect your goggles & make sure you are running 1.04.0500 or later.

Has firmware 1.04.0500 been released yet?
2018-9-2
Use props
D. Becker Photo
lvl.1
United States

Still waiting...........
2018-9-2
Use props
fans7a6216d0
New

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 11:01
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineerings are currently working on the new firmware of DJI Goggles (White) to add support for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. We will release it soon so please stay tuned. Thank you and have a nice day.

will the goggles RE work with the mavic 2 zoom
2018-9-2
Use props
\\\\LEEKER
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

fans7a6216d0 Posted at 2018-9-2 09:13
will the goggles RE work with the mavic 2 zoom

Yes they do.....
2018-9-2
Use props
thomkhall.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11765 ft
  • >>>
United States

I spoke with a DJI rep on the phone over the weekend, and was told they expected to release the firmware on September 3, so here's hoping...
2018-9-2
Use props
\\\\LEEKER
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

IT'S AVAILABLE !!  DOWNLOADING NOW.
2018-9-3
Use props
\\\\LEEKER
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

YES, it connects !!   Will go testing later today but so far so good !!!!
2018-9-3
Use props
bMoNuaLlrJYW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92877 ft
  • >>>

\\\\LEEKER Posted at 2018-9-3 06:01
YES, it connects !!   Will go testing later today but so far so good !!!!

dji googles are now working with mavic  pro 2  you must update googles to release firmware that came out today  make sure after  you link the aircraft to restart googles or you wont get the camera view  remote must be connected to your device     tested and working very well  happy flying
2018-9-3
Use props
fans9989d946
lvl.1
Flight distance : 900840 ft
United Kingdom

I'm still struggling to get my Mavic 2 and RE goggles to connect. I've followed the manual and videos but still not connecting. Anyone have any more tips please? Thanks.
2018-9-3
Use props
D. Becker Photo
lvl.1
United States

Thanks DJI worked perfect!!!
2018-9-3
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-31 10:22
You Mavic Zoom requires the latest firmware for the 4x zoom.  Also you must have the camera set to 1080 mode.

You also have to be in 30FPS.   You won't get the digital zoom at 60FPS.  I just tested and confirmed.
At 1080P 60FPS, max was 48mm.   With 30FPS, you can go to 96mm
2018-9-3
Use props
Gyroguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans9989d946 Posted at 2018-9-3 12:37
I'm still struggling to get my Mavic 2 and RE goggles to connect. I've followed the manual and videos but still not connecting. Anyone have any more tips please? Thanks.

I am in the same boat, nothing seems to work, not even firmware update.
2018-9-8
Use props
fans00860739
New
Flight distance : 7116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gyroguy Posted at 2018-9-8 18:08
I am in the same boat, nothing seems to work, not even firmware update.

I have the same issue, tried for hours, and even on 3 mac's with the assistant 2.0 software. I went back an fired up my original mavic pro, and boom connected easily, but can't get the damn mavic 2 zoom to connect to them
2018-9-9
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

With the correct firmware it does work!

In the link Menu of the goggles select Mavic II then press the link button on the Mavic.
2018-9-10
Use props
darren45
lvl.3
Ireland

A Lot of talk about both the RE  and original goggles. Can someone confirm for me that the Dji white original goggle are or are not working with the mavic 2 please.
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2

darren45 Posted at 2018-9-11 05:29
A Lot of talk about both the RE  and original goggles. Can someone confirm for me that the Dji white original goggle are or are not working with the mavic 2 please.

The white goggles are the original goggles. So yes, they do work as of firmware 1.04.0500
2018-9-11
Use props
m_attes
New

Hi there,
how can i select the different Flight Modi like 'FixedWing'? I only see TapFly and ActiveTrack in the selection menu...
2018-9-19
Use props
Rrrrr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116260 ft

Yep looks like the new firmware castrated the flight modes menu, only 1.TapFly and 2.ActiveTrack available with your white goggles and mavic 2 after the firmware updates.

Gone are:
3.Terrain Follow
4.Tripod
5.Cinematic
6.Fixed Wing
For reference, what is available on the goggles with the Mavic 1 Pro:

IFM.png

On the two-finger swipe down screen , the "head tracking flight" and "head tracking gimbal" modes are luckily still there (two of my favorites). Only the "Landscape/Portrait" button has disappeared.

Given the delay and confusion (and sometimes difficulty of getting the firmware installed) I think it would be a good move from DJI to keep customers more informed of changes and plans. I think there was ample confusion around the necessary Mavic 2 / Goggles required update and no firmware release notes I am aware of detailing the UI changes.

Also, I think the most enthusiastic DJI fans (like those splurging on goggles) would appreciate a note on whether currently missing flight modes are making a comeback or other plans for the goggles...
2018-9-28
Use props
PReese270
New
Flight distance : 23786 ft
United States

I have a near new Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More and the RE Goggles.   The goggle won't do anything.   Cannot connect with drone, controller or PC.   Love the drone, the goggles are junk.  Documentation is non-existant.   
2018-9-30
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

remember you guys who cant connect, you MUST activate your goggles in asst 2 before you will be able to access the M2 menus
2018-11-30
Use props
JOMAMang
New
Flight distance : 187277 ft
Germany

PReese270 Posted at 9-30 17:56
I have a near new Mavic 2 Pro with Fly More and the RE Goggles.   The goggle won't do anything.   Cannot connect with drone, controller or PC.   Love the drone, the goggles are junk.  Documentation is non-existant.

I just talked to the DJI Support team Germany since I had more or less the same problem:

After the upgrade to the current version of the standard goggles the Mavic II - option would still not show up in the connection menu.
It only shows 3 options:
- Mavic Pro
- Phantom 4 V2
- Mavic Pro I

The answer is a simple mistake: they DJI forgot the second "I" after "Mavic Pro I"

So:
After upgrading your (Standard) goggles and you don't see "Mavic Pro II" as an option in the menu, go ahead and select "Mavic Pro I" and confirm.
Then of course press the little connection buttom on the side of your Mavic Pro 2 and it will immediately connect.

Worked for me.
2018-12-19
Use props
fans5c779391
New
United Kingdom

I have been struggling with the DJI goggles (white) purchased last month together with the mavic 2 pro. Despite the fact it is a mavic 2, the list shows mavic II which could mean eleven. I wish DJI were as good at writing user manuals as they are at making drones. I can now see through the lens of the aircraft in the goggles, although I don't know how it worked. I'll try again tomorrow (next week now as tomorrow is Christmas) to see if it still connects. The viewfinder screen says 'check goggles are connected' - how do I do that I wonder. I haven't got the camera following head movements yet.
The other thing that goes wrong is flipping up the goggles to see outside just causes the whole device to fall off my head. I presume that those at DJI have masses of hair or large bumps on the back of their heads to hold the goggles on. No matter how I adjust the band, the goggles are just too heavy when you flip them up and fall down forwards. Not all DJI buyers are under 30 years old - I'm considerably older than that and  have been a computer designer and programmer for over 45 years but I still think that new companies assume too much.
2018-12-24
Use props
fans5c779391
New
United Kingdom

Does anyone know how to adjust the diopter to adjust for the different eyes. Just moving the screens sideways doesn't do much for me, or have I misunderstood it. Right now I have to put on my reading glasses which doesn't help when I need to lift the goggles and see long distance. I need to be able to focus one eye, then adjust the other eye lens, just the same as in a pair of binoculars.
2018-12-24
Use props
Jefferey Drone Pilot 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5c779391 Posted at 2018-12-24 04:45
Does anyone know how to adjust the diopter to adjust for the different eyes. Just moving the screens sideways doesn't do much for me, or have I misunderstood it. Right now I have to put on my reading glasses which doesn't help when I need to lift the goggles and see long distance. I need to be able to focus one eye, then adjust the other eye lens, just the same as in a pair of binoculars.

buy focus fixers or order the DJI focus lenes  for them I use a #4 on my goggles
2019-5-13
Use props
Medini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119193 ft

Germany

JOMAMang Posted at 2018-12-19 02:41
I just talked to the DJI Support team Germany since I had more or less the same problem:

After the upgrade to the current version of the standard goggles the Mavic II - option would still not show up in the connection menu.

This was what I was looking for for 3 weeks. Thanks.
2022-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules