Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help: can’t connect to controller/phantom WiFi
4715 10 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sunny D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do what I always do:
-kill all apps
-turn airplane mode on
-select phantom WiFi

It just infinitely loads, never connects, doesn’t give me a chance to put in the password.
Yesterday, it had me attempt the password, but kept saying it was wrong, even though I never changed it.
Newest firmware on most recent iOS, iPhone 7+, never had any problems with this drone over the last 2 years.

I tried the ‘hold gimbal wheel all the way right and toggle s2 switch rapidly’ to get the flashes, potentially resetting the password. No luck.
Any other things to try?
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_3zpzV8vkCmsi
New

United States

Following. I am having same issue.
2018-8-31
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Today, I tried opening up the controller and disconnecting the battery (power cycle), per another threads recommendation. When I 1st reassembled, it repeatedly beeped and flashed, I turned the controller off and on again, same issue: infinite loading.
2018-9-1
Use props
steve1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a thought had a mavic replaced issues with gimbal .when I got it I was a different SN number they did not replace gimbal.well I could not connect wtf turn on remote and bird will,not connect I found out I had to bind the unit again push the button. On the side and the remote starting it’s thing and said binding on the controller bam , it  Connected   At last  but I had to do the binding  procedure . Maybe.  Rebind your bird at least on the mavic that worked when I could not connect after they replaced it
2018-9-1
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

here also same problem...
2018-9-1
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update:
Yesterday I had another p3s out to do some testing. I could connect my phone to the other p3s and fly fine, so the app isn’t the problem.
My phone DID connect to my controller outside (this was new, wouldn’t connect at home), but still wouldn’t connect to the drone.
When I loaded the app after connecting to the RC, the app loaded fine, hit the ‘camera’ button to start up... and the screen was black except some grey backgrounds where test should be.
In other words, it looked like the normal dji go app, but with no telemetry, camera feed or text. Icons and options were there and interactive (settings), but could never connect, even after numerous restarts (RC, drone, app) and hitting the ‘bind’ button on the drone to reconnect to the RC.
Not sure what else to try.
2018-9-2
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

If you fire up your P3S system,do you fire up RC -> AC does the status LED went to solid Green after few seconds? If yes then the AC does not need to rebind to the RC. If not then rebind them together.
The bind button on the AC must glow solid green too,else the connection fails.
If the status LED turns green then try to connect your phone and start the app.  The App must tell you that the phone and the  P3S system are connected together and the cam button is solid blue. Then tab cam button and see what happens. You may take care that nothing covers the upper front of the RC,there are the patch antennas from Phantoms WIFI.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_3zpzV8vkCmsi Posted at 2018-8-31 16:31
Following. I am having same issue.

Hi. We apologize for the trouble. May I know what mobile device are you using? Did you try to reinstall the app?
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Please, switch on the remote controller, turn the gimbal dial to the top, and toggle the S2 switch back and forth for at least three times. The remote controller will sound a beep if the SSID and password for the Wi-Fi video downlink have been reset to their default values successfully. (The SSID is Phantom_XXXXXX and the password is 12341234.) Please notice that the aircraft needs to be linked to the remote controller again after the reset.
2018-9-5
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you push up and hold the gimbal wheel switch 2-3 times the S2 up and down. What sound was made by the RC ?
2018-9-9
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To answer all your questions, yes I did all of those things repeatedly.

Got my phantom reconnected. The worst part: didn’t do anything different than before. It connected to WiFi, then controller, then the ‘bind’ button on the drone.
Didn’t fly because it’s raining, but looks like it would be fine. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules