Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky not compatible with Mavic 2
2372 14 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Polet999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 352359 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crystal Sky 785 not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. When we can expect upgrade CS software?
In addition why RC mounting bracket of $79 from Mavic not match with RC Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom? Why DJI designers don’t  work for compatibility between new and previously  models.

2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
First Officer
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

I experienced the same problem too: no compatible bracket, no compatible firmware. we need to wait, wait and wait......
2018-8-31
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I think, that it is "sell political" of DJI. Bracket is not compatibile (RC seem same, but not), firmware for CS is old and now update is not for download. I have Mavic 2 Pro and must fly with ordinary tablet, low brightnest, poor holder - I am unhappy with this too.
2018-9-1
Use props
Polet999
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chipke Posted at 2018-9-1 01:15
I think, that it is "sell political" of DJI. Bracket is not compatibile (RC seem same, but not), firmware for CS is old and now update is not for download. I have Mavic 2 Pro and must fly with ordinary tablet, low brightnest, poor holder - I am unhappy with this too.

Yes, I am agree that DJI can be more friendly in their "sell political" to use bracket from previously model.
To use bracket from RC of Mavic in RC of Mavic 2, I changed hand screw length 1/2" to regular screw 3/4" length. See photo below.
2018-9-1
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
  • >>>
Czechia

Polet999 Posted at 2018-9-1 06:09
Yes, I am agree that DJI can be more friendly in their "sell political" to use bracket from previously model.
To use bracket from RC of Mavic in RC of Mavic 2, I changed hand screw length 1/2" to regular screw 3/4" length. See photo below.[view_image][view_image]

Nice work!!! Today I try to do somethink other, but this is good. But CS now have only 4.2.21 and not 4.3.0. We must wait. But when CS will support M2, your bracket will be super!!!
2018-9-1
Use props
Polet999
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chipke Posted at 2018-9-1 12:51
Nice work!!! Today I try to do somethink other, but this is good. But CS now have only 4.2.21 and not 4.3.0. We must wait. But when CS will support M2, your bracket will be super!!!

Thank you for your replay.
I would like provide description how modify CS Mavic bracket to use with M2 RC.
1.        Drill a hole 5/32” where the thread was cut in part #1 of the bracket with USB port.
2.        Part 2 of the bracket has an emphasis that does not allow the screw to pass through.
So it's necessary to remove it. Tighten the screw by hand until it stops, then one renovation turn back, after that you can drill with the same drill bit 5/32”. Be careful not remove thread in part 2 bracket.
3.        Instead to drill part 2, you can put the few washers, or cut length of screw as necessary

By the way user manual of Remote Controller Mounting Bracket states that’s  for Mavic and Spark series?!
DJI should provide ASAP update software for CS and also adapter to use RC Mavic bracket with Mavic2 RC.

2018-9-2
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
  • >>>
Czechia

Polet999 Posted at 2018-9-2 11:23
1.        Drill a hole 5/32” where the thread was cut in part #1 of the bracket with USB port.

Today, I write essage to DJI, when tzhey update CS software and when will be new bracket. Still waiting for reply.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Polet999 Posted at 2018-9-2 11:23

From what you describe and from pictures, all DJI would have to do is make longer screws available.

One might be able to make their own screws, by turning screws in a drill press, while using a Dremel abrasive wheel to grind threads down near head of screws.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching. Regarding that, we don't have information yet when the firmware update for Crystalsky will be rolling out. However just keep in touch on the website under Crystalsky page for further notice.
2018-9-4
Use props
Scanflight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4459459 ft
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-4 10:33
Hi there, thank you for reaching. Regarding that, we don't have information yet when the firmware update for Crystalsky will be rolling out. However just keep in touch on the website under Crystalsky page for further notice.

Strange commercial practice
A commercial screen sold as the holy grail (at the price of the golden fleece) and no direct compatibility to the output of the flagship product of the brand.
2018-9-6
Use props
Stridhur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-3 00:59
From what you describe and from pictures, all DJI would have to do is make longer screws available.

One might be able to make their own screws, by turning screws in a drill press, while using a Dremel abrasive wheel to grind threads down near head of screws.

Gee go to a fastener store and buy the correct pitch screws that are longer. Haven't measured but bet they are metric which is why the drilling.
2018-9-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Stridhur Posted at 2018-9-8 00:03
Gee go to a fastener store and buy the correct pitch screws that are longer. Haven't measured but bet they are metric which is why the drilling.

Not that simple.  The DJI screws only have threads part way up.  The rest is bare shaft.

DJI screws - screw in the threads of mount, till screw get to their bare shafts.  At that point, DJI screws freely spin allowing screws to thread into bar mount in lower picture.  Which pulls outer mount in top picture tight against R.C. arms.
2018-9-8
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Here is a workaround for you while waiting for the new mount. Using the arms from the Mavic Pro remote Not so pretty but easy to move the arms over providing you have a Mavic Pro controller.

DSCF8753.jpg

DSCF8756.jpg

2018-9-12
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Been waiting the new mount since Feb;  by making two notches using dremel, this works fine for me.
2018-9-12
Use props
New

United States

No drilling required. Just change the thumbscrews to a longer 4mm screw.
Keep the same mounting bar and pull the grips out a little.
Add a washer at the end of the mounting bar so it doesn't pull through the grip holes.

2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules